Naturals: People who stare at the back of your head?

Boujoichic

There's a WAY to do things Boujoichic. Some things are just "strange".

A couple of years ago, I was in CVS and there were these two black girls in the same aisle as me. I really wasn't paying them any mind. I was busy minding my own business shopping and I turned around to find one of them "pretending" to be looking for something on the other side of me. Her friend was further down, basically giggling, but I "knew" what was up. Even though I knew they meant me no harm I found it very unnerving.

I'm thinking "B___tch you black like ME, why da f___k are you sneaking up behind me acting stupid?" She ran back up to her friend and they quickly turned the corner, but I was like jeez. If y'all take that weave outta your heads and let your REAL hair grow a few inches YOU too could achieve the same results.

It just bothers me. I guess I've been natural for so long that I consider it a regular, normal hairstyle for me. I keep forgetting that there are still folks on the fence or ashamed about showing their naps. It's unfortunate in 2010 that it's STILL an issue, but oh well.

I stare at women too, but I tell them how beautiful I think their hair is when they catch me or I turn away super quick so as not to be RUDE.
Agreed the girls in that situation were rude and immature. If someone catches me looking if they look friendly I will give a compliment if not I will look away.

BEAUTYU2U

And even sometimes, they are too slow and I make eye contact.

That made me LOL for real ... but yes, it's a weird feeling .... that's usually accompanied by weird hands (lol) Luckily for me, this most often happens at work so I know the people.