Naturals - Please Help Me With My Twist-outs...With SHINE!!!

finickyone

Good ole back in the day Blue Magic works wonders for me. I watched a youtube video where this lady used ecostyler gel & Blue Magic Coconut for her twist out. I tried it & love the results. Sometimes I do it on dry hair & twist with a cream moisturizer & then use a small amount of the blue magic on the length of each twists & the result is a defined, fluffy & shiny twist out. I prefer doing it on wet hair because the results are even better.

Aggie

Thanks ladies for all your input. I will try all these methods until I find "The One" that works best for me. If there are anymore ideas, please share what works for you as perhaps there are other newly naturals that may need your wisdom in this area.

cmw45

Twist/Braid on wet or damp hair and use shea butter...soft and shiny every single time.

westNDNbeauty

it also might be agood pre-step to seal your cuticle after you condition by finishing off with cold water. sealed cuticles=increased shine.

Aggie

it also might be agood pre-step to seal your cuticle after you condition by finishing off with cold water. sealed cuticles=increased shine.
Thank you west. This is a step I never forego. I always end my wash/DC sessions with a final cold water rinse. Ilike how the cold water feels on my skin too after a hot shower. Living in the Bahamas makes that easy for me to do with just about every bath:yep:.

Jetblackhair

I use VitaPoint as the last step in twisting. I really love the shine however it does contain mineral oil. The one I use is a cream formula and a little goes a long way. The cream also works as a sealant.

Aggie

my Qhemet moisturizers add to the shine of my hair. ♥

I am already looking into these moisturizers at QBiologics. Thanks for posting.
I use VitaPoint as the last step in twisting. I really love the shine however it does contain mineral oil. The one I use is a cream formula and a little goes a long way. The cream also works as a sealant.

I remember having seen this on the shelf before but I never really looked at it as a moisturizer. I'll check out it when I see it again.

Jetblackhair

I am already looking into these moisturizers at QBiologics. Thanks for posting.

I remember having seen this on the shelf before but I never really looked at it as a moisturizer. I'll check out it when I see it again.

I just wanted to clarify that I don't use Vitapoint as a moisturizer. I already have my hair prepared with a leave in for moisture. I use Vitapoint as a last step before twisting for shine. :)

curlydrea

Try using a shea butter mixture[i use shea, aloe vera gel, coconut oil, glycerin] and seal with coconut oil or even a heavier oil like castor oil just on the ends. Use it on damp hair, with a light yet appropriate coating of product, u dnt want it to get heavy or greasy.

LongCurlz

I used miss jessies curly meringue and smoothed some coconut oil over it, my hair was blinging:yep:

Attachments

• 050310232737.jpg
    050310232737.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 13