Naturals Please help!!!

I <3 your hair and have been an admirer foor soome time. I hope that I have nice thick braids like yours when my hair grows up!

I recently found the greatest recipe ever that is a mix of conditioner, setting lotion, oil, and glycerin. It makes my hair look like it I used gel but my hair is moisturized, defined, and bouncy with only this leave in. Ifigured it had to be the setting lotion.

So I went to the BSS today to buy more and the lady there told me that lots of naturals come in to buy setting lotion so she is always running out. She said that you can spritz it in your hair than use whatever gel, moisturizer, etc you usually use and have great definition.

ETA: This even make the wavier parts of my hair curl right up. Nothing else does that!

Last edited:
I <3 your hair and have been an admirer foor soome time. I hope that I have nice thick braids like yours when my hair grows up!

I recently found the greatest recipe ever that is a mix of conditioner, setting lotion, oil, and glycerin. It makes my hair look like it I used gel but my hair is moisturized, defined, and bouncy with only this leave in. Ifigured it had to be the setting lotion.

So I went to the BSS today to buy more and the lady there told me that lots of naturals come in to buy setting lotion so she is always running out. She said that you can spritz it in your hair than use whatever gel, moisturizer, etc you usually use and have great definition.

ETA: This even make the wavier parts of my hair curl right up. Nothing else does that!
Could you please provide me with the name of the setting lotion? :look:

Hello ladies, My hair is natural 4a/b texture and I would like to know what are some great products for defining my curls? Also, I heard and read that ayurveda products helps to make the hair healthier. What ayurveda products are good for strengthening, moisturizing and thickening my hair type? Below are some pics of my texture. Thank you ladies in advance!:drunk:

This was how my hair looked freshly washed after a bootleg henna. However, this is how it looks mostly after every wash.

I got so excited, I didn't mean to hijack. But to your question, have you tried the techniques on the Tightly Curls website mentioned here? She just used plain old conditioner, one for hair rinsing and one for the comb-out, which she leaves in to help the hair clump together and maintain definition. Clairol Herbal Essences for the comb-out.

Before you invest in a line of products like I did, just try the techniques first. Also, henna straightens the hair little by little so just be aware of them when you do it. You might want to use henna glossing (I think they mix it with conditioner and apply for less time).

Edit: After seeing your Fotki, you could use the Freeman's for a conditioning wash or the L'oreal and then the Pantene for the combout. That was one of the products she used.

Last edited:
I love your hair! I find it easy to run a little conditioner in it and then spray my spritz which is water, conditioner, panthenol, aloe vera gel, sweet almond oil... it defines them nicely.. HTH!

I would love the answer to this also, I heard that alma does a good job so I got the oil. I did work because I now have curls on my hairline I never had before. So I got the powder to mix in my conditioner. I'll let you know how it works.

OT: I know we are ALL here to grow our hair, but your BC look is HOT!!! Makes me actually miss/reminisce about my BC days......

Back