Naturals - please post pics!

Qurlyqt

I am SO sick of my hair right now and I need to see some of your hair pics for inspiration! I'm bored with wearing the same old same old. I get tired of twists after a couple of days now, my wash & go is a wash & NO, my braidout is a braidIN (should only be worn IN the house), and I have grown weary of the different versions of buns/ponytails.

Please don't refer me to your album because I want to see pics here... all in one place. (I know I'm being lazy.... but perhaps that's why I'm in this hair funk!) I thought about straightening it but we have record rainfall right now. It has rained almost EVERY day and I would be too mad to go through that whole routine and allow the humidity to ruin my hard work in 5 minutes.

Natural ladies - puhleeeeeeeaaaaaaase show me some pics!

Cichelle

I have no styling skills, so I won't bore you with my pics. But I just had to comment on the "braidIN". I have to laugh because that is exactly what mine is when I attempt it. :lol:

enscott14

ThePrincess725 I feel your pain sista, really I do! I too am natural and have to (very often) look at different pics to get ideas for different styles. I know you said you didn't feel like looking at fotki's, however, I just started my fotki literally last night and posted a few pics in there showing the versatility of my hair.

I have one with my very first fro that I rocked this past Saturday, and one sleek and straight. Check it out! Of course everyone loves straight hair, but I've gotten an overwhelming response in my pm regarding my fro, so maybe that would be one option you can take.

I did my fro a little bit different then just picking it out. I actually con-washed it, sprayed S-Curl activator on it, sealed it with alma, coconut oil, and evoo, then braides several small braids all around and rolled the ends in rods, and let it air dry. I know it sounds like a lot, but it was simple and for my first time, I think it really came out pretty good. AND, it was SUPER SOFT! You should give it a try!

Smooches!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Sorry but I'm at work and I don't have my personal hair pictures on my work computer to upload on here. There's a natural hair picture in my signature as well as a link to my album below. ;)

neenzmj

Here a few of the styles that got me through the humid summer months. The humidity is high here in KC, so I'm just going back to my good ole' standbys. My hair has grown quite a bit since these pictures, so I've also been incorporating a curly ponytail (it looks like one of those bss curly phony ponies.) As long as I can add a scarf/headband and some cute earrings, I'm good to go.

hair3-vi.jpg Wash 'n Go BrittandHair029-th.jpg Flexirod Updo
BrittandHair030-vi.jpg Flexirod Set resize.jpgTwistout

Attachments

• 100_0739-vi.jpg
    100_0739-vi.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

silvergirl

i have no hair style. lol mostly because i dont want to. i just bun, ponytail it. or wear a wash an go. simple is better for me.

SEMO

I'm not styling proficient either, but here goes my contribution:

My box braids
My box braid out

My twists
My trusty ponytail

Snuckles

Sorry, I only wear twist and twist outs. I don't do too much of anything else besides styles on my twist like putting them in a pony (lol), french roll, pin the front up with the back down and that's about it.

Qurlyqt

Thanks for all of your replies! I'm wearing my hair in a curly ponytail today, which I haven't worn in a while. We'll see where it goes from here...

Poohbear - you look gorgeous in your siggy!

Neenzmj - I love your wash & go!

Emjazzy - cute pincurls!

Wonderstar88 - beautiful, thick hair and working those styles!

Semo - I like the way your box braids curl up on the ends!

EMJazzy

Happily retired
seraphinelle said:
How do you do these?

Do you twist them first and then pin them up?

I just roll my hair around my pointer finger, pull my finger out and put a bobby pin in it's place. That's all. I have pics in my fotki of how my hair looks while it's pinned up. pw in my profile.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
ThePrincess725 said:
Thanks for all of your replies! I'm wearing my hair in a curly ponytail today, which I haven't worn in a while. We'll see where it goes from here...

Poohbear - you look gorgeous in your siggy!

Neenzmj - I love your wash & go!

Emjazzy - cute pincurls!

Wonderstar88 - beautiful, thick hair and working those styles!

Semo - I like the way your box braids curl up on the ends!

Thank you! :D

wonderstar

Left to right: Going to bed, straw curls during and straw curls after.

Attachments

• July-August 040.jpg
    July-August 040.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 16
  • July-August 158.jpg
    July-August 158.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 26
  • July-August 163.jpg
    July-August 163.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 31