*NATURALS!* Post Pics of all Your Professional & Formal Styles!

Pooks

Great thread BMP!

My contributions (apart from regular loose-haired buns):

80% of the time I have my single twists or plaits in a bun or pinned up style. I don't usually take pics of them...

Last edited:

jennboo

My signature style. These were taken in December 2009:
I wore this style on the interview I had for my current job...needless to say, this style did not hinder my being hired :look:. At work, i frequently get complimented by parents and other school staff. And the kids...omg. I have little girls coming up to me gushing over it. One of the little boys in my group (5-year-old, missing front teeth, about 2 feet tall) comes up to me, out of the blue and says "I love ya hair", LOL...made my week.

Oh and and this style is super easy to maintain...one of those styles that when it gets "old" it still looks good, if that makes any sense.

BlackMasterPiece

Wow, GORGEOUS contributions ladies! I love it!:clapping:

jennboo your twists are some of the pretiest I've seen...you really make me wanna start micro twisting it up more often:yep:

That story about the little boy was so cute!:love2:

PPGbubbles

I am a lover of the flat twist out bun! I wore this to a proffesional confernce in New Orleans a few months back...hence the bead around my neck

sorry so big....I dunno how to re-size :(

jennboo

Jennboo, how did you create your hairstyle?

Hi,

I use infusium 23 diluted with water and garnier fructis leave-in conditioning creme when i retwist my whole head ...about once every 5-6 weeks.

I wash in these twists every 5 weeks or so using any shamppo that is in reach (trader joe nourish spa, creme of nature) and pantene r and n deep conditioing mask (i wash, condition, then retwist each twist on my head). In between washings i wipe my scalp with a cotton ball soaked in witch hazel. About every 2 weeks i retwist only the twists around the side part (about 10 twists)...i liken it to a 'touch up' that relaxed ladies get .I have not washed my hair 'loose' in a looonnngg time..maybe 4 months.

At night i throw a scarf/du rag on my head. In the mornings i shake my head, spray some water on the twists to fluff, sometimes apply jojoba oil, and out the door.

jennboo

Wow, GORGEOUS contributions ladies! I love it!:clapping:

jennboo your twists are some of the pretiest I've seen...you really make me wanna start micro twisting it up more often:yep:

That story about the little boy was so cute!:love2:

Do it Do it Do it, LOL. It's awesome, easy, and sessy :grin:...i get complimented by the most random folks too. When im working in the office, every time i run into the custodian (older man) he goes on about my hair...nothing else. He'll be emptying the garbage and be like 'Boy, i just love your hair, it looks fabulous". LMAO.

...not to mention the compliments from the menz @ the lounges/bars/restaurants :grin:

Rapunzel*

Do it Do it Do it, LOL. It's awesome, easy, and sessy :grin:...i get complimented by the most random folks too. When im working in the office, every time i run into the custodian (older man) he goes on about my hair...nothing else. He'll be emptying the garbage and be like 'Boy, i just love your hair, it looks fabulous". LMAO.

...not to mention the compliments from the menz @ the lounges/bars/restaurants :grin:
do you have a fotki:grin:

and how do you get those puffs is that on air dried or stretched hair?

NikStarrr

I don't have any of my own styles to contribute, but I saw this style on a party site. I'm definitely going to give it a try. Looks like it's a great style to do with just a wash-n-go or a braidout/twistout or rollerset.

jennboo

I don't have any of my own styles to contribute, but I saw this style on a party site. I'm definitely going to give it a try. Looks like it's a great style to do with just a wash-n-go or a braidout/twistout or rollerset.

Nikstar this style is fierce.

But i love the way YOUR hair falls in your avatar pic :grin:. I think that is my twist goal.

jennboo

do you have a fotki:grin:

and how do you get those puffs is that on air dried or stretched hair?

No, no fotki, sorry :sad:.

If you do a search on here you will come across a couple of threads i made with some of my hair pics, i will see if i can find a few and post in this thread.

Those puffs are air dried. It was a texture shot, so no products and dry. Another goal of mine, is to have the puffs grow bigger than my head, lol. That pic is old too...i think i took that pic around september/october 09, maybe?

MzJai

I haven't done many "hairstyles" as a natural other than twist and wash and go's btu here is a bun i tried out last weekend that i thought was cute (IMO):grin:

Winter 2010 069.jpg

Winter 2010 070.jpg

ceecy29

Here's some more:

Another way to style your twists, you can make it formal by adding a rhinestone barette or a flower. Or wear as is for work.

A twist-out pulled into a side puff and a gold clip-on earring to accessorize:

Last edited:

loolalooh

Mine are boring compared to y'alls, but hey, at least I'm protective styling. Lol.

UPDATED on 02/18/10 TO ADD:
Twists in a fishtail/lobstertail with twistout pomp:

Twists pinned up:

Last edited:

BlackMasterPiece

Natural styles I googled that I thought would be appropriate for work:yep:

I think this is more for a ceremony or event.....or maybe just hanging out with the right ensemble

NaturalPath

Subscribing!!! Great thread BMP! :clap:

If only I weren't so style challenged :ohwell:

I'll come back later if my finger coil attempt works out.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
This is such a great thread! I realize something from looking at everyone's photos: I sure don't venture out of my style comfort zone. I mainly do buns, curly ponytails and wash-n-gos. Gotta change that in 2010. I don't even want to add to this thread because mine are boring. :ohwell: