*NATURALS!* Post Pics of all Your Professional & Formal Styles!

BlackMasterPiece

A rod set pinned on one side

This could be achieved with a flat-twist out or a twist-out

Fierce Baldy

Flat twist updo with curls on the crown, you can get this look by flat twisting the perimeter and curlforming the crown:yep:

Comb coils

Coil Out

Je Ne Sais Quoi

My signature style. These were taken in December 2009:
I wore this style on the interview I had for my current job...needless to say, this style did not hinder my being hired :look:. At work, i frequently get complimented by parents and other school staff. And the kids...omg. I have little girls coming up to me gushing over it. One of the little boys in my group (5-year-old, missing front teeth, about 2 feet tall) comes up to me, out of the blue and says "I love ya hair", LOL...made my week.

Oh and and this style is super easy to maintain...one of those styles that when it gets "old" it still looks good, if that makes any sense.

So pretty! How many twists would you say you have in your hair? I may have to give this a go. the only thing is that my twists end up flat and gross when i sleep on them. They aren't perky like yours. Any tips?

septemberbaby

I LOVE this thread! I'm still transitioning. The best twist out I've ever done is in my siggy.

My signature style. These were taken in December 2009:
I wore this style on the interview I had for my current job...needless to say, this style did not hinder my being hired :look:. At work, i frequently get complimented by parents and other school staff. And the kids...omg. I have little girls coming up to me gushing over it. One of the little boys in my group (5-year-old, missing front teeth, about 2 feet tall) comes up to me, out of the blue and says "I love ya hair", LOL...made my week.

Oh and and this style is super easy to maintain...one of those styles that when it gets "old" it still looks good, if that makes any sense.

I love this look!! I'm gonna try your regimen for this.

I love this!

My twistouts never ever ever look like this :)

Me too! I love it. Even if mine looked like this it wouldn't last longer than a day. :nono:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Mine look like this when I twist in small-medium twists. Have you tried that?

When i do small twists and take them out once they've dried they don't look full at all. :nono::nono::nono: I'm thinking my hair is thick/full enough and thats why i have that problem. It just doesn't look cute at all. Or maybe it's because my hair isn't all the same length. I dunno. I think co wash tonight, twist in small twists then take down tomorrow and see how it fares. Maybe i'm doing something wrong.

Also, this style would last on me maybe two days which seems like such a waste of time for all the work put in to it

BlackMasterPiece

I took this picture at my desk in my firm it was a flat twist out I think this is circa 2008

These are the flat twists I do when I wanna do a flat twist out the next day

This was me by the time I got home that night:look: eeeeyea some of these pix of me are comin down by tonight:giggle:

NaturalPath

ok here are my contributions

finger curls, hated them so I transformed them into an updo

My usual wash n go's

A bun style I was trying out

Last edited:

Mook's hair

WOW! Really some gorgeous heads of hair ladies & your styles are beautiful.
Here's my contribution.

I am a bridesmaid in a Wedding this April and I'm thinking of trying the Cinn-a-bon style.

NaturalPath

Styles I have saved on my computer.

Quick ?? Can I only upload a max of 5 pics??

Attachments

• 2ailzf8.jpg
    2ailzf8.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 134
  • 902358_f520.jpg
    902358_f520.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 1199773056_6959.jpg
    1199773056_6959.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 131
  • 3289422332_9f1104d42d.jpg
    3289422332_9f1104d42d.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 167
  • denise_vasi.jpg
    denise_vasi.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 201

BlackMasterPiece

Yes it is a lot of work for one or two days. I usually rock a twist out after a week of wearing twists. It only lasts for the weekend :sad:
I don't get it, do you guys sleep wild? Maybe you need a product that has more hold? My ORS Lock and Twist Gel with a little Shea butter gives me great results that last till wash day.

BlackMasterPiece

I will look into the lock & twist gel. I usually don't use anything other than condish.
Oh yes I would definitely use something that has more hold to it like lock and twist gel otherwise as coily as our hair is it wont last at all. Some ladies even throw in a little IC or eco styler with whatever butter conditioner or creme they're using.....it REALLY helps:yep:

jennboo

So pretty! How many twists would you say you have in your hair? I may have to give this a go. the only thing is that my twists end up flat and gross when i sleep on them. They aren't perky like yours. Any tips?

Honestly...a guesstimate that is probably still way off...70???? i dont even know.

This is dificult for me to explain but i use 5 bobby pins to pin them "up" like "humped" so that they cant be totally and completely flat against my head. But really what gets them plump like that after sleeping on them is just shaking your head and misting with water, a little will do.

blackbarbie986

here's how i wore my hair when my parents renewed their wows.

here's one i like to do a lot a twist out that's pinned up

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Honestly...a guesstimate that is probably still way off...70???? i dont even know.

This is dificult for me to explain but i use 5 bobby pins to pin them "up" like "humped" so that they cant be totally and completely flat against my head. But really what gets them plump like that after sleeping on them is just shaking your head and misting with water, a little will do.

I'm so going to try this over the weekend after i cowash tomorrow. thank you so much for explaining :)
here's how i wore my hair when my parents renewed their wows.

here's one i like to do a lot a twist out that's pinned up

Your hair looks fab u less !!!! I love it :)

Janet'

Absolutely beautiful ladies...all of these styling options is why I just LOVE natural hair!!!!:yep: