Naturals that Baggy,

domniqqt

Are there any natural hair ladies that do the baggy method. What exactly do put on your hair before you baggy.

- What are good natural hair moisturizers. I hear a lot about qhemetic biologic (sorry if i jacked up the name). Are there any more suggestions?

Thank you all so much in advance for your help. :yep:

Are there any natural hair ladies that do the baggy method. What exactly do put on your hair before you baggy.

- What are good natural hair moisturizers. I hear a lot about qhemetic biologic (sorry if i jacked up the name). Are there any more suggestions?

Thank you all so much in advance for your help. :yep:

I baggy with S-curl activator or some cheapie conditioner with castor oil on my ends.

C

cieramichele

has anyone ever baggied the whole head for like 24 hours or more?

JustKiya

Yup. And honestly - I wouldn't do it now, because I think that my hair is FAR more moisturized now than it was then. But if I did something well harsh to my hair (like dye it, or spend a couple of days in the sun & the pool without regular moisture/protection), I would do it again - just once, or so, to recharge my hair......

Lebiya

I try to baggy my full head every night after I moisturize my hair with my homemade moisturizer - my hair is in braids (extensions) always, so after I saturate my braids with a sponge, I baggy it

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I baggy my dd's natural hair. I part her hair in two sections and apply moisturizer then an oil on each section. Then baggy her hair in pigtails

Right now I'm using Gillian Tearless Butter (aka Seyani Butter for kids) and I seal with JBCO, Qhemet Biologics Macassar Oil, Avocado oil or coconut oil

cutiebe2

I did it for about 4 days (in the house with nothing to do...might as well keep the hair wrapped up)

when Im home from college and just sleeping all day I keep my hair in a plastic cap with the same things people have said above (cheapies, castor oil, etc)
nothing happened when I baggied for a long time. My hair was sweaty..that was it

Christa438

I do something I call the Cap n' Go, which I've detailed extensively down to the products I use and the pros and cons of the method in the journal section of my fotki. I hope it can be of help.

Happy Hair Growing!

Thanks!
....okaaaayyy...thanks a lot....(message was too short, hehe)

NigerianGirl

I just recently started baggying off and on in the past two weeks. After I wash my hair, I spray my moisturizing concotion and smooth my hair in a ponytail and create a bun ( this usually takes me awhile). Then I take a plastic bag and a scrunchie and place it on top of my bun. When I take it off, the bun part of my hair is wet. By the end of the day it begins to dry so I try to moisturise with my spray again before the bun dries in an effort to protect my ends, retain moisture, and to gain length:spinning:

Yeah I know that is alot.........

Fine 4s

Yup. And honestly - I wouldn't do it now, because I think that my hair is FAR more moisturized now than it was then. But if I did something well harsh to my hair (like dye it, or spend a couple of days in the sun & the pool without regular moisture/protection), I would do it again - just once, or so, to recharge my hair......

That's what happened to me. A few days in the Sun and my hair is muy crispus...

So, I'm back to spraying Aubrey Honeysuckle or GPB leftovers (when I'm rinsing out the bottle) mixed with water on my hair at night and put a shower cap over my head at night, some times I seal with haitian castor oil...

domniqqt

Thanks to everyone that replied. :) ok So would you recommend using conditioner and oil or buying a seperate moisterizer to use? What type of bag do you use on your hair?

ImFree27

I just started bagging and I have less shedding, I was bagging all day, I would use v05 conditioner, a moisturizer, and coconut oil, put hair in a bun and cover with a bagy and then put a fake pony tail over to cover it, but I think i'm just start bagging at night and let my hair breathe during the day