Naturals that straighten regularly, i need your advice!

MsLizziA

I am doing research for my next blog posts and i dont straighten my hair on a daily basis. I actually hardly ever do it. But to those who do straighten your hair regularly, i would love you guys to answer a few questions to help me out if you all don't mind. Thanks

How often do you straighten your hair?

How many products do you use to straighten your hair?

What heat protectant do you use?

How do you maintain your straight hair without having to reapply heat to it?

Do you suffer heat damage and split end?

Thanks again ladies!

Kash

I am doing research for my next blog posts and i dont straighten my hair on a daily basis. I actually hardly ever do it. But to those who do straighten your hair regularly, i would love you guys to answer a few questions to help me out if you all don't mind. Thanks

How often do you straighten your hair? 1 x per month

How many products do you use to straighten your hair? 1 product

What heat protectant do you use? aveda damage control

How do you maintain your straight hair without having to reapply heat to it? i strictly follow PinkSkates methods.

Do you suffer heat damage and split end? i suffer absolutely no heat damage. and i trim every 3 months to keep my ends split-free.

Thanks again ladies!

hey op, my answers are in green.

BostonMaria

Here you go!

How often do you straighten your hair? In the winter once a week. In the spring and fall every other week. In the summer time hardly at all.

How many products do you use to straighten your hair? A leave-in conditioner once I'm ready to rollerset, CHI heat protectant once I'm flatironing it, and avocado oil or sheabutter on my ends once my hair is done.

What heat protectant do you use? CHI or RUSK

How do you maintain your straight hair without having to reapply heat to it? By rollersetting it first. I never blow dry my hair straight. At night I do a "doobie" by bobby pinning my hair around if I want a straight look. Or I do a high "pineapple" ponytail to add body & waves to my straight hair. If I use sheabutter or avocado butter to my hair every night and every morning my straight hair will last at least 7 days.

Do you suffer heat damage and split end? Not at all. I do regular search & destroys and I notice more split ends when I leave my hair in its curly state too long. Mostly because I tend to be better at at protective styling when my hair is straight. At night I get lazy when my hair is curly.

ms.blue

I only started this year but so far it's been 5 times.

I use shampoo. Conditioner (moist and protein), lite leave-in
What heat protectant do you use? Got2b straight or chi silk infusion

How do you maintain your straight hair without having to reapply heat to it? Wrap it at night

The only time I had heat damage and splint endsthis year was when I went for a dominican blow out in April.

Diamond75

How often do you straighten your hair? Every other day

How many products do you use to straighten your hair? I'm still testing products out but so far Paul Mitchell's Smoothing Super Skinny Serum and Relaxing Balm is a staple. My hairdress uses it too.

What heat protectant do you use? it's included in the products I use in the previous question

How do you maintain your straight hair without having to reapply heat to it? I wrap my hair at night, which gives me 1-2 extra days without heat...if I don't work out

Do you suffer heat damage and split end? Not from the heat, at least I don't think so.

BlackMasterPiece

MsLizziA said:
Lately, once a month

Right now...two

What heat protectant do you use?
IC Fantasia Pink Bottle

How do you maintain your straight hair without having to reapply heat to it?
Nightly Pin-Curling

My texture did get slightly looser towrd the ends due to me straightening much more regualrly in the past....excessive splits are avoided through regular search and destroys.