Naturals/Transitioners BEWARE!!!

alibi

hair bored

Biolage Detangling Solution gives MAJOR SLIP!!!

I conditioned with it this morning, and all I can say is I am hooked! And I'm so mad at SVT for recommending it without giving the proper warning!!!
LOL! I mean, she said it gave great slip, but the slip factor is RIDICULOUS!!!
I have never, ever, in life had that much slip from any product, relaxed or natural! I have 5 1/2 inches of new growth, and when I conditioned with this in the shower the comb almost FELL right out of my head!
I had been having trouble finding products with slip now that my new growth is getting longer, but I've come to the end of the of the road with this one! (as I hum Boys II Men in the background!
) I've already bought 2 huge bottles of it, and I'm sure you guys will be just as sold once you try it. If not, I'll buy the rest of yours from you...

And um, SVT, anymore product recs???

GodMadeMePretty

Where would one purchase such a find? I'm getting ready to go through some PJism. I purchased CON conditioner and wasn't impressed.

keke

It isnt cheap though. I gotta tall bottle its 10.95. I had to go to a hair styling place to get mine. I got mine from Trade Secrets. I tried it and it did nothing but i think that is because i didnt leave it in my hair long enough probably so i really want to try it again. How long did you have it in your hair? I also prolly need to get a wider toothed comb than what i have. Its a blue Shower Comb that has a hook part on the handle so it can hook on2 your shower head i guess.

Brooke007

Member, Dumbledore's Army
I tried this one last year I think when Hairlove fell in love with it. Unfortunately it did nothing for me.
I STILL have 1/2 a bottle I'm using it to mix w/ other leave-ins.

Lindy

I concur.
I used to use this product years ago, and I absolutely loved it!! It's a rinse, (like Aussie Slip Detangler) but it works better and it also smells really nice, too!!

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Brooke007 said:
Read Hairloves review: Biolage Leave-In Tonic Hmmm. Now I'm wondering are these the same two products : Detangling Solution vs. Leave In tonic?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. They're not the same product...

Brooke007

Member, Dumbledore's Army
Ahhhhhh Dayum: 2 different products. From www.biolage.com

Biolage™ Daily Leave-In Tonic

What It Is:
A light-conditioning leave-in système that eliminates tangles and flyaways, leaving hair more combable. Its formula combines pure botanical extracts of Kelp and Hops with light conditioners that penetrate evenly for easy comb through. Renews shine and improves manageability for all hair types. Contains sunscreen to protect the beauty of hair against the effects if UV rays.

What It's For:
Normal to slightly dry hair. Light enough for fine and thinning hair. Can also be used in concert with Conditioning Balm for deeply damaged hair. Ideal for clients with little time for treatments.

Biolage™ Detangling Solution

What It Is:
A light-conditioning system that eliminates static and leaves hair tangle-free with healthy-looking, natural shine. It's formula combines pure botanical extracts of Wheat Germ and Hops with mild conditioners that leave hair with added volume. Hair is softer, more voluminous.

What It's For:
All hair types especially normal, fine and slightly dry hair. Also recommended for children's hair.

Lindy

My first experience with the Detangling Solution was down in Miami when I was at a salon getting a wash and set. The stylist put this stuff in my hair and it smelled so nice and made my hair feel so silky, that I asked her what it was. When I got home I went right to the BSS and bought myself some!!

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
ayanapooh said:
The small bottle is $10 and the big one is $20. It's not cheap but it's worth every penny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes you can find it cheaper in the smaller salons in the mall. They sometimes offer a 20-30% discount off all hair products. I used to get mine for about $7.
And I repurchased it a few times, so you know it has to be good!

TinyT

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
I think im gonna go ahead and try this one too..yeah where do you get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, get it. I have been dependant on it since my hair has gotten longer. I thought everyone knew about the detangling solution. It is a very light conditoner in terms of moisturizing. But if you need to detangle 3 week old twists on tightly coiled natural hair, it does it like none other. I wait till either smartsyle (walmart salons of regis corp) sell it 2 liters for $25, or trade secret (of regis corp) sells it 2 liters for $25. It is a must have for detangling, but for heavy duty moisturizing follow it up with say, kenra moisturizing. I hope you guys like it as much as ayana and I do.

alibi

hair bored
[ QUOTE ]
Brooke007 said:
I tried this one last year I think when Hairlove fell in love with it. Unfortunately it did nothing for me.
I STILL have 1/2 a bottle I'm using it to mix w/ other leave-ins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Brooke, as Lindy said, they are 2 different products. I was actually reluctant to try it when SVT recommended it b/c it's a little pricey, and I don't particullarly care for the Biolage line - the shampoo and conditioner did NOTHING for my hair, and I ended up throwing them away!!! But this is indeed a miracle detangler. As others have said, it's not a heavy duty conditioner, but it will detangle like a dream!

Ayeshia

mmmm my hair is really starting to tanlge up now...this product may be worth my time, especially with that denman brush im supposed to be getting. Thanx for the review

inthepink

That sounds wonderful but I'm trying to break my pj addiction! For once, I don't desperately "need" to try this product but I am so glad you found something to work. I love seeing other transitioners!

SVT

[ QUOTE ]
ayanapooh said:

Biolage Detangling Solution gives MAJOR SLIP!!!

I conditioned with it this morning, and all I can say is I am hooked! And I'm so mad at SVT for recommending it without giving the proper warning!!!
LOL! I mean, she said it gave great slip, but the slip factor is RIDICULOUS!!!
I have never, ever, in life had that much slip from any product, relaxed or natural! I have 5 1/2 inches of new growth, and when I conditioned with this in the shower the comb almost FELL right out of my head!
I had been having trouble finding products with slip now that my new growth is getting longer, but I've come to the end of the of the road with this one! (as I hum Boys II Men in the background!
) I've already bought 2 huge bottles of it, and I'm sure you guys will be just as sold once you try it. If not, I'll buy the rest of yours from you...

And um, SVT, anymore product recs???

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you liked it!

This stuff does a good job of detangling my thick roots.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I am a lover of this product also. It provides excelent slip. I only use it occasionally about once every two weeks or after braids and such. If your hair is tangled this stuff will make the tangles fall out of your hair! Trust.