Naturals/Transitioners - help me find some slip!

alibi

hair bored
Hey ladies, I'm going to the BSS today, and I need a shampoo and conditioner that will detangle my hair and provide maximum slip. I was doing fine with Motions, but it's stopped working recently. I have about 5 1/2 inches of new growth, and it's driving me crazy!
Please recommend a shampoo/conditioner that you've used that gives good slip and helps make your curls more manageable. (BTW, I think I'm 3c/4a if that helps.)

SVT

Biolage Detangling Solution - hellafied slip!

I'll post the ingredients in just a sec...

TigerLily

Suave Milk&Honey and Coconut shampoo and conditioner. Pantene Relaxed and Natural. Silk Elements shampoo and conditioner.

SVT

[ QUOTE ]
SVT said:
Biolage Detangling Solution - hellafied slip!

I'll post the ingredients in just a sec...

[/ QUOTE ]

water, cetearyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, cetyl alcohol, wheat germ extract, hops extract, sweet almond extract, pollen extract, sunflower extract, cyclomethicone, citric acid, dimethiconol/silsesquioxane copolymer, dimethiconol, steramine oxide, stearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, octoxynol-40, PEG-15, cocomonium chloride, polysorbate 20, fragrance, DMDM hydantoin, methylparaben, EXT. d&c violet no. 2, FD&C blue no.1

alibi

hair bored
Ooh thanks. I'm gonna to the BSS in a minute so I'll let you know what I get! And thanks SVT, I'll defintiely have to get some Biolage!

inthepink

For slip - St. Ives Extra Shine with Raspberry and Jojoba. For a leave-in - Suave Awapuhi & diluted Biolage Leave-In Tonic. Both of these make my hair so slippery! The natural and relaxed portions.

missykeyana

Daily Defense Tender Apple! Best. Slip. Ever. (for me at least). I haven't found anything else that has worked as well.

NGC

Re: Naturals/Transitioners - help me find some sli

Anything that has behentrimonium methosulfate or behentrimonium chloride among the 1st 5 ingredients (the chloride one is typically cheaper in price).

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
What is slip? Is it silkiness? Would u need slip for wet or dry hair or both?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's basically when the a conditioner (or leave-in, or whatever product) gives you slipperly combable (sp?) hair. The comb just glides / slips right through. I always say I get incredible slip from LUST (L'Oreal Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment).

alibi

hair bored
Slip is how easily a product detangles your hair.

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies! I actually ended up buying Aussie Slip, which worked EXTREMELY well! I wanted to get the Detangler by Biolage that SVT suggested, but all they had was the big bottle for $20!!!
The Aussie was 97 cents, so that purchase was a no brainer!
But I will try some of the Biolage when I get paid.

Does anyone know if the Suave Naturals works as good as the Aussie Slip???