NATURALS: What are your favorite styling tools and why?

Hi All,

To those that wear their hair in it's natural state (most of the time):

Please tell me about your favorite styling tools (comb, brush, pick, clip, etc.) and why you love it. Feel free to include pictures.

Thanks in advance!

Cynthia

faithVA

Yeah, I don't have any styling tools either. I may use the rat tailed end of a comb to part my hair and use some type of clip to hold hair out of the way but thats about it. :ohwell:

Missjae09

I just a pick to lightly lift my roots and bobby pins!!! Loves my bobby pins and I pin my way to a decent hair style! lol

suns4i6e

Outside of using my fingers, I greatly enjoy using a K-cutter comb for detangling. My hair responds well to the long teeth. I've used to use a wide tooth, bone comb but i believe it was Irresistible who mentioned this comb ages ago and it looked like something my hair would like.

Nonie

To comb out my 'fro, nothing works as well as my Power to the People pick. The handle is placed in the right place, not awkwardly like the K Cutter comb, to me anyway. I grew up using combs with handles parallel to the teeth not perpendicular so combs that look like a pick make more sense to me. To comb my hair back (I don't use a brush like a lot of people do when creating a pulled back puff), then my seamless comb with shorter teeth than my pick works best. I also use this comb when my hair is straightened.

All other times, my fingers get the job done.

MeechUK

MeechUK
Silk bonnets, wide-toothed bone comb, spray bottle, nozzles bottle, crocodile clips and shower caps. My shampoo comb which I use for head massages.

BrookeLynn

My spray bottle for water and mixes
My wide tooth comb
My tangle teezer
My pearl handle combs
My bobby or hair pins, depending on the style
My clips to separate hair for washing
My ouchless ponytail holders
My silk scarf
My shower caps

Melody.Monroe

Tangle Teezer (which I am finding out alot of LHCF sisters hate), Wide tooth comb, ouchless bands, duck clips, claw clips. That's about it.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I love my modified Denman brush and a good conditioner (my fave is Tresemme Naturals) for detangling, goody headbands for styling, and conditioning caps for baggying.

Iluvsmuhgrass

1. Spray bottle
2. Fingers
3. Detangling comb (it was 99 cents and it's da bidnezz!!)
4. Tangle teezer for tangles
5. My claw and duckbill clips (I section hair off, pin it up, then apply products and detangle each section separately. This keeps me from getting overwhelmed or angry enough to rush through and be rough with my hair.)
5. Ouchless ponytail/head/puff band holders
6. Turbi Twist (I slide this puppy right over a plastic cap and go about my chores when I don't feel like sitting under the dryer.)
7. Shower caps/saran wrap
8. Dryer (for deep conditioning treatments)

MzSwift

My fingers
Cut up nylons as ponytail holders (for banding and buns)
My pick (to fluff my fro)
Black Knee high sock or cut leg of nylons (for puffs)

Cheleigh

The tools I would travel with (so these are the indispensable ones to me):

1. Water bottle with homemade spritz
2. Denman 81 (the paddle brush, not the D3/4, for detangling)
3. My fingers (use these most often)
4. Boar's hair brush (for occasionally slicking back hair after using styling products)
5. Flexi-8s. Use these ALL. THE. TIME.
6. Satin pillowcase. I don't like to wear scarves and the the like, so I sleep on a satin pillowcase instead.
7. Thin elastic headbands. I use four of these to form two ponytails at night to keep the hair elongated and less tangled. Also gives me second/third day hair.