Naturals, what product(s) do you use to get your hair STRAIGHT STRAIGHTY STRAIGHT???

alibi

hair bored
Hey ladies,

As most of you know, the Superbowl is in Miami next weekend! And this means only one thing....

PARTY!!!!
:dance7::dance7::dance7:

Okay I'm back. :look: Anyways, I really want to wear my hair bone straight that weekend, just to switch it up from my regular old curls, which I'm VERY bored with! I plan on pressing or flat ironing my hair and wrapping it to help it stay straight, but I need some product recs to help get my hair bone straight and keep it that way! The humidity is still a factor down here, but it's not nearly as bad as in late spring/summer. I know I may have to re-flat iron after going out at night, which is fine, but I just want to know what products you ladies are using to make your hair nice and straight, without being to weighted down. :grin: TIA

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I use vitapoint. I wash my hair and before blowdrying, a small dab is placed in my wet hair. It gets my hair straight and shiny. I also press my hair, too.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Nothing combats humidity for me. To get the hair straight, straight I think it's more about technique than actual products. I don't have reversion problems except for in humid weather and no product has helped w/ that so I don't even bother. If it's not going to be humid where you are you should be ok. I did a little tutorial called, "How I get my natural hair relaxer straight", in my fotki that may be of some help.

Divine Inspiration

I'm not 100% natural, but with over a year's worth of new growth, straightening my hair isn't a walk in the park.

TIGI makes a serum called Control Freak that straightens & eliminates frizz. This product works well and adds shine.

alibi

hair bored
Re: Naturals, what product(s) do you use to get your hair STRAIGHT STRAIGHTY STRAIGHT

Hair Iam said:
HENNA HENNA HENNA

REALLY? Henna STRAIGHTENS hair? :eek: :ill: I NEVER pay attention to Henna threads! How does it straighten hair??? :confused:

sunshinebeautiful

Re: Naturals, what product(s) do you use to get your hair STRAIGHT STRAIGHTY STRAIGHT

I'm not natural, but in regards to the humidity, I've heard great things about Aveda Anti-Humectant pomade. I have a friend who presses who uses this religiously without any reversion.

ladylibra

i second Aveda's Anti-Humectant! great stuff, i used it during my last press. definitely worth the money, it doensn't take a whole lot to get good results. ;)

keluric

I use anything with silk and silicones for straight anti-humidity hair.. I like citre shine anti-frizz serum, giovanni shine of the times finishing spray and herbal essences dangerously straight finishing spray.