NATURALS who use Aphogee: I need your help!

Sunshine0801

How should I wear my hair while I am letting the Aphogee dry and harden?

I always wash and DC while my hair is in twists to prevent shrinkage and therefore prevent tangles. I don't think I can twist my hair after applying Aphogee, since you should not manipulate your hair at all after you apply the the treatment, right?

So any advice on what I should do? I get a LOT of shrinkage VERY quickly, and I know that if I sit under the dryer with Aphogee on without my hair in some kind of twists, my hair will shrink up like nobody's business and will be difficult to comb out later. :nono:

I was thinking about applying Aphogee to each section of my hair, quickly twisting the section up in a single twist and clipping it up with a metal clip. I thought this may be better than two strand twists, since it would not take that much time to do. But then I thought about how the clips may damage or tear my hair when I remove them after the Aphogee dries. :eek: I certainly don't want that to happen...

What do ya'll do?

Mortons

Due to the fact that aphogee makes your hair extremely hair I would not manipulate it in any way before having that treatment on. I just let mine shrink up into its natural puff

MrsQueeny

I put my hair in 4 sections. I apply the aphogee to one section and then quickly put it in a loose braid and do that will all 4. Then I step in the shower and let the water run over my hair first rinsing it out and then I follow up with a moisturizing conditioner using my fingers to detangle. HTH Q

Sunshine0801

HeatSeaker: Do you normally wash your hair with it loose? Do you have any tangling problems when trying to comb or detangle your hair after rinsing out the Aphogee treatment?

Queeny20: At what point do you undo the braids? Do you rinse the Aphogee out while your hair is in braids and then undo each braid and continue rinsing? Do you normally wash your hair while it is in braids?

MrsQueeny

HeatSeaker: Do you normally wash your hair with it loose? Do you have any tangling problems when trying to comb or detangle your hair after rinsing out the Aphogee treatment?

Queeny20: At what point do you undo the braids? Do you rinse the Aphogee out while your hair is in braids and then undo each braid and continue rinsing? Do you normally wash your hair while it is in braids?

I wait until the aphogee is rinsed out thoroughly and the hair is no longer hard before I undo them and add the other conditioner. The water loosens them some too so the water gets into all the hair. Yes I only wash my hair while in braids. I add shampoo to the braid first. Then I take each out while keeping it from being tangled and work the shampoo through. I hold it straight and let the water run over it to rinse it. The shower flow really helps to keep the hair down and from being tangled. Q

Sunshine0801

I wait until the aphogee is rinsed out thoroughly and the hair is no longer hard before I undo them and add the other conditioner. The water loosens them some too so the water gets into all the hair. Yes I only wash my hair while in braids. I add shampoo to the braid first. Then I take each out while keeping it from being tangled and work the shampoo through. I hold it straight and let the water run over it to rinse it. The shower flow really helps to keep the hair down and from being tangled. Q

Thanks for your reply. Since my hair has gotten longer, I always loosely braid my hair before washing. I hardly ever have tangles now and lose less hair when detangling.

I have read that you should detangle before applying Aphogee, but I normally only detangle while my hair is soaked in conditioner. Do you detangle before applying Aphogee? If so, what is your routine?

baby42

i also use it in braids and let it get hard then rinse out i dont lose hair:yep:but i do every thing in braids lol so i dont get knots :blush:

hothair

You don't touch it WHILE its on - I used to leave my hair in its afro stage put on the aphogee sit under the dryer till it dries then go under the shower when its soaking I massage out and rinse out then apply my humectress DC for 30 mins then style as usual... HTH

MrsQueeny

Thanks for your reply. Since my hair has gotten longer, I always loosely braid my hair before washing. I hardly ever have tangles now and lose less hair when detangling.

I have read that you should detangle before applying Aphogee, but I normally only detangle while my hair is soaked in conditioner. Do you detangle before applying Aphogee? If so, what is your routine?

My hair is usually detangled because of how I wear it. Usually it is in braids or twists and in order to get it like that, it's already detangled. I carefully take them down and I pre-poo my hair with oil and use my fingers to take out any tangles if needed. Then I wash like the method above before applying the aphogee. HTH Q