Naturals: Would You Wear a "Natural Tee-Shirt"

Lynnerie

No. Not with any sayings on them such as what you wrote or "black is beautiful".

I would most definitely wear a T-shirt of a drawing of an exotic woman with a BAA w/some hoop earrings or something.

I think something like that speaks louder than having to say it per se. But this is how I roll. I don't like drawing unnecessary attention to myself or want to look desperate or appear to be a nap militant. There are subtle ways to get my beliefs across without having to say them or look like I'm forcing folks to accept my message.

Kinda like how Monique, Starr Jones and JHud would be proud of their "curves" and tell you how beautiful big girls are, etc. Like, if you really believed that you wouldn't have to tell us all the time.

Now every last one of those chicks are headed towards a size 6. What happened to the big beautiful goddess you guys were raving about a year or two ago? Yeah, thought so.[/
QUOTE]

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

That was funny!

Back to the topic- I have a Barbie shirt and she's got an afro if that counts as a natural tee. But I wouldn't wear anything that downed relaxers. I mean it looks so silly when you know that person also had a relaxer and most of us have had one.

my1goodnerve

If I weren't style challenged I might consider it. No need to bring attention to my style only to disappoint. I do like the tees sold at Uncle Funky's Daughter for my teenager, though!

hasabe

I love tees with a silhouette of a woman wearing an afro. Whenever I see a silhouette shirt they always white women on there and what do I look like wearing a white woman on my chest? I don't really like the tees with writing though, they are a bit extra and it's so look at me IMHO.

LongCurlz

I wouldn't wear this one it seems kinda anti-relaxer to me I wouldnt want people to think I am that way

But I would wear this one, It just shows that you are proud and love ur hair

GeauXavi

clearly i can't buy the chocolate girl shirt:rolleyes:
even though i am a chocolate girl, my skin color isn't and people would be looking at me like:ohwell::perplexed:nono::sad:

i wouldn't wear any of the shirts on the site, but i did see a barbie shirt with a black barbie with a fro that i LOVED. it was cute b/c it didnt SAY anything...but it showed that yes, black is beautiful, perfect, and afrolicious!

edited: here it is:

Attachments

• babie stuff.jpg
    babie stuff.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Nasdaq_Diva

The only "natural" tee I have is the black barbie (actually Christie) I'd love to have some others though..they cost to much, what I see online.

AwesomelyNappy

yup i would. i like the simple ones without words with silhouettes of a lady with beautiful hair (be it long and wavy, curly, or a nice round fro). some of the message tees are cute, but not all of them suit me and some are borderline corny imo... but if i liked it, yup, i'd wear/buy it.

BostonMaria

I have a Barbie with an afro t-shirt that I love

I'd never wear one that said I hate Relaxers because I think its a little too much

JaszyFaye

Yes and no.

There is a specific one I've seen that I want. It's green and it says "don't touch my hair" or something like that. It has a black woman kicking a white one. I thought it was funny.

No because I wouldn't wear one that downs relaxers. I have no issue with relaxers, I'd just never wear one again.

I've seen that shirt and I thought it was so cute. I wouldn't wear a shirt that downs people who get relaxersm but I do have the shirt with black barbie sporting a fro that says diggin it on it.

Last edited:

LadyPBC

Absolutely! Why? because I'm learning to embrace the hair GOD gave me and for every person who looks at me and may think that I'm unkept, not polished enough or a nappy mess (never heard these things I just imagine that some people with straight hair think it) I want to respond by saying I'm natural/nappy/kinky/coily/curly and I'm proud.

VidaStarr

I don't think it's about natural hair being deep or not... I think some of them are just cute and funny t-shirts like any of those t-shirts with funny sayings on them except this has comments about natural hair.

I want a shirt but like others have said, I aint finna pay $20 plus shipping for no damn shirt lol.

VidaStarr

oh and I'd totally where a shirt that downs relaxers cuz I hate them. I wouldn't get one that downs PEOPLE with relaxers tho. But i've never seen one like that anyway.

hothair

Nope, I wouldn't. I MAY if it was something that didn't refer to other ways of wearing your hair. E.g. Fabulous Fro, but no militant sounding tees for me. Plus it can't be over £10

CurlTalk

I would. I think some of them are cute.
But none of the crazy ones. Just the cute silhouette or fro loving shirts.

infojunkie

I'm always in the market for a good, comfortable t-shirt (my unofficial life uniform) so most definitely.

LaToya28

I think a lot of them are cute, but I'm not sure I'd wear one. I think everyone knows I love my fro cause it's on my head.

UrbainChic

I like t-shirts with expressions or pictures on them, so yes BUT I only go for positivity. I also have the barbie shirt which I love love love. And I would totally do an I <3 my hair one.

I like it as long as its cute and fun and not really too in your face, I dont like the idea of walking around looking like you have an agenda.