Navy Vet Was Dead Almost 3 Years Before His Body Was Discovered By Chance In His Texas Apartment

Discussion in 'News - Breaking News & Political Forum' started by 1QTPie, Nov 22, 2019.

1. chocolat79

chocolat79 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the clarification and yes to everything else. Good questions.

jasmatazz and Black Ambrosia like this.
  2. HappilyLiberal

HappilyLiberal Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I blame his family too! How do you not hear from someone for three years and not do a wellness check? Tomfoolery all around!

3. LivingInPeace

LivingInPeace Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Albums:
    None of this makes sense. It’s too easy to be isolated from others now. There’s no effort to have community.

4. HappilyLiberal

HappilyLiberal Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Seriously! My mom didn't hear from me for three days while I was writing a take-home exam in graduate school. By Monday morning she had my cousin calling my department office for a wellness check!

lavaflow99, shortycocoa and JFemme like this.
  5. ThirdEyeBeauty

ThirdEyeBeauty Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    You all are assuming based on a person who was stationary for a while and the parent knows his whereabouts. This was a 50-something year old single man on the go. Yes the mother should have had a little something to follow the trail. The housing folks did not need a little trail-- they knew where he was for three years and should have seen his truck collect dust. This was an apartment not even a single family rental home. Even if we give them a year explain their lack of following up for year two and approaching year three. It must have been a scamlord run down place.

6. Dposh167

Dposh167 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    The renewal is alarming to me. Even when I did month-month I still had to AGREE and SIGN for it. The same way you do with a 1 or 2 year lease. How he was able to renew automatically with no communication is outrageous

7. Farida

Farida Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    Laws and policies vary widely but where I live (and most places) if your lease expires even though you don’t sign a new one or ignore the notice it automatically reverts to a month-to-month. What is odd is if you don’t respond most companies will reach out because they absolutely will raise your rent if it reverts to a month-to-month. I have a hard time believing the rent never went up. Unless maybe he had a 2-3 year lease.

But that’s a crap complex because I have never lived in an actual complex where management never entered for a full three years. As people said, pest control, routine maintenance, upgrades and even safety inspections (like to make sure you don’t have a grill in the living room), check smoke alarms and if applicable sprinkler systems.

But yeah his family didn’t care enough because nobody got on a plane.

8. Farida

Farida Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    My guess is since he is retired and worked on a contract, maybe he had the type of job where you signed on for short-term contracts. So if after a current assignment ended and they contacted you to ask you if you wanted another one and you didn’t respond they assumed you were unavailable or uninterested.

But so lonely and isolated for NOBODY to notice or do anything.

9. Tibbar

Tibbar Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    This whole story is sad and horrifying on so many different levels. I know his family feels bad, but they should.

Wonder what his relationship with his kids was like?

meka72, chocolat79, Laela and 3 others like this.
  10. dicapr

dicapr Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    It’s not that hard to find out where someone is if you really want to find them. Maybe the mom didn’t have the knowledge to find her son but his kids know how to google. You can find someone’s address for the last 10+ years if you put in 30 minutes of effort. If he wasn’t purposely hiding and had his mail forwarded to his new place and was paying bills his address would have come up.

Sadly this individual lived a life in which no one was close enough to him to miss him when he disappeared. It’s no ones fault.

11. BackToMyRoots

BackToMyRoots Happy

Blog Posts:
    Like did anyone even put up a social media post to say my Uncle, brother, nephew, son is missing? What a sad life when you can be dead in your home for three years and no one even missed you enough to do anything about it. Wow.

12. SpiritJunkie

SpiritJunkie Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Sad. It's also up to us to maintain relationships with others...friends, family, colleagues...when you become ill it's nice to know that there will be at least one person who will check on your or you speak to regularly who will notice.

If you don't call regularly then folks won't really bat an eye if they don't hear from you.

The dusty car in the parking log is a major red flag no one investigated.

Side note:
    We had a couple of dusty cars taking up visitor parking space in my condo and I took a pic and told security. Other people did the same thing and we complained that it was taking up valuable parking space..and perhaps the owner is ill or on vacation, then they should be in their own spots! Never heard back on why the cars were there so long but the car and truck are now gone.

People just didn't care and was going about their lives.

13. Scasey

Scasey Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    The apartment complex is a newer town square type complex. Parking is shared with the Recreation Center and can be scarce at times which surprises me that the police didn’t tag his car. Such a sad situation.

prettyinpurple and SpiritJunkie like this.
  14. dancinstallion

dancinstallion Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:

He said women and children will stress you out. I said I read research that says men live longer when they are married. Oh well.

15. Farida

Farida Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    Women are the ones with shorter lifespans when married. Men benefit.

16. Black Ambrosia

Black Ambrosia Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    He sounds like the type to stress a woman out while living to be 95.

lavaflow99 and NijaG like this.
  17. LdyKamz

LdyKamz Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Thought of this thread this morning after getting a group text from my landlord talking about the annual inspection of our apartments start this Saturday. My face was like :rolleyes: because 1. as long as I've lived here which is years it ain't never been no "annual inspection" and 2. I'm not letting these people up in my place because they done already been up and through here the past 2 months because of backed up pipes in every apartment on my line. I guess the building the man in the op lived in didn't do annual inspections either.