Need help ASAP... newly natural

ladiinred

just recently cut everything off... and am trying to go natural... but my hair is way to dry and it does not matter what i have used so far i cant keep it moisturized... which is driving me crazy... and its so rough... and i know it will not grow as well in it's current condition.... I wear lace front's but take them off every night...please help:perplexed

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
^^^ what she said. Also it may take multiple deep mositurizing sessions to feel a difference in your hairs moisture (at least mine did that). Also many love S-Curl. But need to know what products you use/ regimen

Loveygram

Fresh cuts especially if cut close can feel a little rough for a bit anyway. Once the ends calm down will feel better. Is your hair protected with a silky or satiny cap or covering while wearing the wig? Wigs can rough up your hair also.
HTH

Charla

Like someone else stated, my hair need multiple,multiple, multiple deep moisture sessions to get my hair to it's proper moisture balance. By that I mean you may have to deep condition, m&S 2x a day, cowash multiple times in the week. If you do all that consistently for about a month, you should feel your moisture level stabilizing and your hair will feel so much better, even after a fresh shampoo wash.

ladiinred

Fresh cuts especially if cut close can feel a little rough for a bit anyway. Once the ends calm down will feel better. Is your hair protected with a silky or satiny cap or covering while wearing the wig? Wigs can rough up your hair also.
HTH

no i haven't been wearing any type of cap under my wigs because i use the hair clips to secure them down.

ladiinred

I don’t if you can really call it a regi yet.
I olive oil deep penetrating conditioner to do a deep condition every 2 wks
For daily use a combo s-curl, Shea butter oil, and Hawaiian silky 14 n 1...
Everything else I threw away because it made the dryness/ roughness worse or left this sticky dirt attracter film on my hair....

kandake

Have you clarified your hair? You may have build up that prevents moisture from penetrating your hair strands.

Avaya

My hair always felt rough to me after my BC. Others said my hair felt soft :ohwell:. It feels great now 1 year later thanks to the products I use and the way I style my hair. I believe wearing my hair in twists versus in an out style really helps my hair strands hold onto the moisture.

I've been making my own products recently but a tried and true commercial brand has been Taliah Waajid's Protective Mist Bodifier. I use this conditioner as part of my spritz which also includes aloe vera juice, glycerin, and silk amino acid. The spritz is sealed with my home made cream or with just plan ole oil and shea butter. The hair is put into two-strand twists and voila! Soft, moisturized hair for days.

I also but an oil mixture on my hair prior to washing to help combat the drying effect.

virtuenow

It's important that you find something to moisturize your hair, b/c you're right, hair cannot grow & retain in the rough/dry condition that you describe. i'm speaking from experience. You should consider doing an "oil rinse" (I use castor oil, it was the first thing to infuse/hold moisture in my hair) and organic deep conditioner, Aubrey Organics Gpb (moisture/protein balancing conditioner). Otherwise I suffered from the dryness you described from the day I did the big chop, now I'm paying for it- after years of not finding a proper moisture routine. I could link you to oil rinse, and my conditioner routine, but if you click on my post history, I talk about it in almost every post for the past 3months since I discovered!