Need Help Finding the Right Protein Treatment

patticake

My hair is I believe around type 3c/4a, it's relaxed and fine, and lately easliy prone to breakage (thanks to my shady beautician who i recently found out doesn't even use a conditioner on my hair
). So i'm looking into a good protein treatment to help strengthen my hair. If there's anyone with a similar hair description who knows of a good treatment, please reply. I'm open to any suggestions.

Neroli

My holy grail "hardcore" protein is nexxus emergencee (always followed with a good deep moisturizing conditioner).

My holy grail "softcore" protein is aubrey GPB.

I have 4b relaxed.

myco

3 products that I have used and would recommend are: Affirm 5n1, Aubrey's GPB, or the Ion Reconstructor.

None of them are heavy-duty like Aphogee or Nexxus Emergencee but they are all good weekly or biweekly use products. I've never experienced any dryness or brittleness from any of them. I do always follow up with a moisturizing conditioner afterwards. The Affirm 5n1 is probably the hardest to find as well as the most expensive since it is a salon product. You can order it online from www.sheldeez.com, metrobeauty (I think), and some Asian BS might have it. Make sure you compare prices before buying though. Check health food stores like Whole foods for Aubrey's. The Ion reconstructor is the cheapest and can be found at any Sally's BS. They sell sample packets, so you can try it for around $2 first.

Recently someone on the board recommended the reconstructor by Design Essentials. I haven't tried it yet, but you might want to do a search on that one as well. Supergirl and a couple of other members also gave good reviews to the Deep Brilliance Reconstructor.

HTH

patticake

thanks for the suggestions ladies, and myco thanks for letting me know about the Ion reconstructor samples at Sally's. I'm always happy to buy samples before trying a new product.

Leslie_C

It was probably me who brought up the design essentials. Its next to impossible to find, but someone on ebay is selling little bottles of it for $4.99. From what the bottle says, its a miracle product...it did wonders for my hair a long time ago, but this go around Im having a hard time stopping some shedding and breakage so Im trying nexxus emergencee bc I had a coupon for 3.50 off at Ulta. Maybe my hair is immune to it now...lol.

Others on the board have said Joico K pac is a good heavy duty protein

Also Elasta QP breakage control serum seems pretty good and its under $5.

Aubrey GPB seems to work for almost everyone as far as a light protein that u really cant overuse, Ive even heard of some people using it daily as a co wash. I like the idea that u dont have to worry about overdoing it with the Aubrey.

HTH!

candibaby

ION Effective Care Reconstructor & Nexxus Keraphix are my favorites. Neither of them is "hardcore". I dont like hardcore proteins, they make my hair hard.

soaries

I am glad I made a good choice at the bss. I picked up the Ion today!

Candibaby, between the two which do you like better? I want to try the Mexxus too.

TigerLily

I really like ORS hair mayonnaise! It's mild enough to use weekly and if you want to use it as a 'hard' protein, you add an egg to it!

candibaby

[ QUOTE ]
sonya said:
I am glad I made a good choice at the bss. I picked up the Ion today!

Candibaby, between the two which do you like better? I want to try the Mexxus too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definetly the Nexxus.

Sha76

I know it is not popular but my "hardcore" protein treatment is Apogee for Damaged Hair.. You know the one that smells like rotten eggs. This is mainly because you don't have to use it but once every six weeks.

OF course it needs to be followed by some serious moiturizing.

LABETT

Dudleys DRC 28 is my favorite hard core protein.
ORS Hair Mayo and Aubreys GPB I use soft core protein