Need Help w/ Hair Regimen...

LcS18

Hey everyone!!!! First of all let me say that you ladies are awesome! I’ve been a member of the site for a while but I have just been lurking and trying to soak up all of the wonderful information you all provide (and there is a LOT).You all inspire me. I have finally decided to stop being lazy and really get down to business with my hair. I can’t take it anymore something has to be done.
I stopped relaxing my hair about 2 years ago (never BC’d—a few experiences have left me with a CRUCIAL fear of scissors…even trims make me sweat) and I think about all the relaxer is gone now. My hair is a little past shoulder length (but when not straightened and dried only the longest part even comes close to touching shoulders) …but I have no idea what type it is…maybe 3c/4a/4b??... but mainly just a mess. It seems the only time it looks right/nice/healthy is when I got to hairdresser and she flat irons it. I don’t know what to do anymore so I am appealing for help.
Through all my research I have come up with a potential regimen but wanted to get input on it. Alright here goes:

1x/week: Wash with Wen and deep condition (Curls Curl ecstasy conditioner, Aubrey organic GPB & honesuckle rose mixed) then moisturize with AO honeysuckle rose+ water and seal w/ coconut oil. Bun.

3x/week at least: Co-Wash with V05 conditioner. Moisturize with AO honeysuckle rose+ water and seal w/ coconut oil. Bun.

I want to bun to help retain length and hopefully protect my ends. I plan on starting tonight with a wash. I have app to get a trim toward end of august so that is when I will take picks of straight hair.
Please let me know what everyone thinks…also a couple questions
1. Do I need to add anything? I know a lot of people use aloe juice in moisturizers.
2. With the bunning, should I take down my hair everyday and mist with leave in and seal again?
3. I was thinking about incorporating flexi rod sets in (I would still be bunning, its just for a change) but will that workor defeat purpose of bunning? And should I moisturize and seal everyday then? With this I would not co wash that week, only wash.

I know that was long, SORRY, but thanks!!! I look forward to peoples input!!

Reecie

I would add hot oil treatments. I have never heard of someone's hair not benefiting. The problem lies in the right oil for YOU. I suggest EVOO (my fav) or Coconut oil.

What about a Pre-poo? These are always good. I usually use an oil and/or deep conditioner.

Also, since you're natural, I don't think you'll need hard protein treatments, this has helped contribute to my hair, but I'm relaxed. Is this something you've considered?

Everything else listed in your proposed routine sounds awesome.

LcS18

Thanks so much!!!:grin::grin::grin::grin:

I have coconut oil...so I could give that a try...but when do I do a hot oil treatment??? and is pre poo the same kind of thing???

I did try a protein treatment once, but my hair is mad thick and i felt like it didn't even get through my hair..so i did not know what to do...I got the aubrey organics GPB conditioner to try to help with protein...but maybe i will think about givin it a go again.

CarolinaGal

Make sure you are not pulling the buns to tightly b/c that can result in thinning and breakage around the edges. I think it's a good idea to take your bun down at night or at least a few times a week to reduce tension on the hair, relax the scalp, let you hair dry so it doesn't get too mushy, and just let everything breathe. Hope that helps and good luck!

msa

Actually, the regimen you listed sounds great. I wouldn't add anything. Just see how it goes for you for a while. Moisturiza and seal as needed and makes sure to pay attention to how your hair is feeling.

I love aubrey's gpb, it's the perfect protein for my hair. And, flexi rods are a food way to change things up so you don't get bored. It sounds like you're on the right path.