Need information - considering transitioning

gvin89

Hi All!

I'm currently 4A? APL relaxed (last relaxer 3/13/10), but with damage. I'm realizing that my hair was overprocessed and the nape is pretty much gone. The hair has thinned out a lot so I got braids until I can figure out what to do. Since it was bone straight, I do think it will take me quite some time to grow the relaxer out and transition, but I'm not ready for a BC. Can anyone who transitioned from SL or longer to natural give me any advice or information about how long, damage, best styles, etc.

I've also considered texlaxing, but am not sure what stylist can keep the texture of your hair after applying chemicals.

Any info is greatly apprecciated...TIA!

healthyhair2

I am transitioning and I feel your pain. I'm 8 months into it and had bad relaxer damage in the crown and right side. I decided to step it up on my deep conditioning treatments and just go natural. Now , I concentrate on doing 1 protein and 1 moisture DC each week. I use either No sulfate shampoos or shampoo bars. I CoWAsh 1 time per week and I keep my hair moisturized. I just cut 3 inches off the length to try and conceal the damage. I will get another inch cut in October probably. Honestly, if I were you, I would step away from the relaxer. I have absolutely nothing against them, but for some of us with really delicate hair, it will not truly thrive with this chemical.Good luck and pm me any time to know what I'm doing that has helped. I will post pics soon :)