Need Inspiring....Shoulder to BS Post your albums

kizzylonghair

Hi ladies

Feeling a littlle down today about my hair, its not breaking or shedding or anything. I jsut wanted some inspiration.

Any ladies who have had shoulder length hair that is now bra-strap, dont care how long it took you. Just need reminding that I can do it

Thanks

pink_flower

I know how you feel it seems like reaching bra strap took me AWHILE! Good luck to you!

www.fotki.com/Court702

password in profile

Marseeya

Hi, I just wanted to tell you ..YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! JUST REMIND YOURSELF IF OTHERS HAVE ACHIEVED, YOU CAN TOO!:weird: ;) I don't have an album yet but I have pics from Dec.2003 to June 2005. I went threw so many pitfalls; I have attempted to trim my own hair, Always do my own touchups and being extremely lazy with hair care at times .. , yet my hair still grows..raggidy ends and all.. it still grows! If I can go from having(all my life @ mid neck length hair,even as a child) ; to practically bra strap length in a year and a half (with mostly getting a 1/4" growth a month, and having extremely dry hair and all my neglect). Then YOU Can certainly make it! I'll get to goal one day.. and SO CAN YOU!!! DON'T GIVE UP

Marseeya

JazzyFLPeach

Hi, Kizzy. I don't have an album of my own to share yet (newbie here) but I just wanted to say that you have made a lot of progress. You have a lot to be proud of! Your hair is gorgeous. Keep going! You're doing GREAT! :)

Synthia

Kizzy,

Your hair is so beautiful and has such a healthy brilliance. The change in the condition of your hair from Dec 04 to Sept. 05 is amazing!! You now have hair nourished the way it should be and it shows!

So, girl, enjoy that and let the length come when it may. Don't get so caught up in length that you can't wallow in the luxury of having incredibly healthy hair that hangs so nicely!!:)

Lorraine

I know how you feel. I get like that, too. Whatever you do please don't give up. You have very pretty hair.

kizzylonghair

pink_flower said:
I know how you feel it seems like reaching bra strap took me AWHILE! Good luck to you!

www.fotki.com/Court702

password in profile

Pink,

Sorry it took so long to reply. All I can say is WOW.
U have GREAT HAIR!!!!
Thank your encoragement

kizzylonghair

Marseeya said:
Hi, I just wanted to tell you ..YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! JUST REMIND YOURSELF IF OTHERS HAVE ACHIEVED, YOU CAN TOO!:weird: ;) I don't have an album yet but I have pics from Dec.2003 to June 2005. I went threw so many pitfalls; I have attempted to trim my own hair, Always do my own touchups and being extremely lazy with hair care at times .. , yet my hair still grows..raggidy ends and all.. it still grows! If I can go from having(all my life @ mid neck length hair,even as a child) ; to practically bra strap length in a year and a half (with mostly getting a 1/4" growth a month, and having extremely dry hair and all my neglect). Then YOU Can certainly make it! I'll get to goal one day.. and SO CAN YOU!!! DON'T GIVE UP

Marseeya

Mar,

Thank You. So much for your words of encoragement.
Well done for you reaching ur goals and never giving up

I am beggining to feel a whole lot better

Kizy x

kizzylonghair

Synthia said:
Kizzy,

Your hair is so beautiful and has such a healthy brilliance. The change in the condition of your hair from Dec 04 to Sept. 05 is amazing!! You now have hair nourished the way it should be and it shows!

So, girl, enjoy that and let the length come when it may. Don't get so caught up in length that you can't wallow in the luxury of having incredibly healthy hair that hangs so nicely!!:)

Synthia

Thank you xx

moda

Your hair looks great, why do you need encouraging? Your hair has come a long way and the best is yet to come.

kizzylonghair

cincybrownsugar said:
Your hair looks great, why do you need encouraging? Your hair has come a long way and the best is yet to come.

Thank You.

I just a little down sometimes. If my hair would look as nice as urs natural then I am transitioning NOW

kizzy xx

shoelover1972

Synthia said:
Kizzy,

ITA your hair is grogeous - look at the progress in under 1yr. Can you imagine what length you will be this time next yr. I know that I can all get a little impatient sometimes as I expect growth to appear overnight!!!

Lucia

kizzylonghair said:
Hi ladies

Feeling a littlle down today about my hair, its not breaking or shedding or anything. I jsut wanted some inspiration.

Any ladies who have had shoulder length hair that is now bra-strap, dont care how long it took you. Just need reminding that I can do it

Thanks

You can get there, sholdr, BSL etc those milestones are harder cause hair pauses for a while then with care and patience will continue. I seriously doubt your at terminal length so just keep growing.

cocoberry10

kizzylonghair said:
Hi ladies

Thanks

Kizzy and other LHCF Ladies:

I know exactly what you mean. I currently have braids in my hair, and will be taking them out in 2 weeks. It looks like I have some growth, but I'm not sure. I keep worrying that when I take them out, I won't have any hair. But after reading the replies to your post, I am inspired. I will try to post some pics when I take out my braids. I was a little below shoulder, and we will see if I am any closer to bra strap. If not, I promised myself not to get too frustrated, so you can't either!

Lucia

cocoberry10 said:
Kizzy and other LHCF Ladies:

I know exactly what you mean. I currently have braids in my hair, and will be taking them out in 2 weeks. It looks like I have some growth, but I'm not sure. I keep worrying that when I take them out, I won't have any hair. But after reading the replies to your post, I am inspired. I will try to post some pics when I take out my braids. I was a little below shoulder, and we will see if I am any closer to bra strap. If not, I promised myself not to get too frustrated, so you can't either!
Keep your braids moisterized, dont sleep on that cause it will cause dryness, splits and breakage if you let that slide. hth

cocoberry10

kizzylonghair said:
Hi ladies

Thanks

I'm checking in to see where your hair is Kizzy! Also, I hope more people will post. I'm trying to figure out how to do it, and I will post soon.

Southernbella.

I'm not at bra strap yet, but I just wanted to tell you that your hair album actualy encourages me many days. You have made such great progress. Length or not, your hair looks so healthy and beautiful that I get inspired when I'm having bad hair days (or weeks).

Keep up the great work! The length will come, but now is the time to enjoy the health!

kizzylonghair

lauren450 said:
I'm not at bra strap yet, but I just wanted to tell you that your hair album actualy encourages me many days. You have made such great progress. Length or not, your hair looks so healthy and beautiful that I get inspired when I'm having bad hair days (or weeks).

Keep up the great work! The length will come, but now is the time to enjoy the health!

Lauren,

Thank You So Much

Somedays I really do struggle and wonder why I bother putting my self through this for HAIR

Its nice comments like this that make me keep going

Kizzy

kizzylonghair

cocoberry10 said:
I'm checking in to see where your hair is Kizzy! Also, I hope more people will post. I'm trying to figure out how to do it, and I will post soon.

Coco, Thanks for checking in. Make sure you come now!!

Kizzy

Candy_C

kissy u will get there! thats probabley the minimum of your hair capability!! u'll get further if u want!! i know i'm not at BS but i'm a few inches away. juss be optimistic, dont stress, when people stress they do things unessessarily. keep healthy, pray and look after your strands, dont do anything u know is bad. and dont over do stuff...u'll get there, i bet ya!

MissYocairis

Marseeya said:

Marseeya

VERY INSPIRING!:)

luv04

i went from shoulders to bs my progress is seen in my album ...im transitioning now to natural so im above my shoulders..i hope my album can help u on ur journey to bs length ...stay wit it , and happy healthy hair growing to u...:)

plainj

Hey Kizzy, my hair was kinda like your Dec 04 pics. Instead of battling these split ends, uneven lengths, and broken pieces, I decided to cut it this weekend. Now my hair is the length of your Jan 05 pics. So I will be using your album as inspiration. Thanks to all the other ladies who posted as well. I'm sure I'll be coming back to this thread alot.