Need Protective Hair Style Tips for Shoulder Length Hair

seraphim712

Does anyone know or have any protective hair style tips for shoulder length hair? I've noticed that shoulderlength hair is prone to get many split ends due to hair rubbing against clothing. My hair is actually growing fast at the moment and I need to protect my ends more than ever.

HoneyDew

Have you ever tried the Flexi-8 clips? The small one is great for us shoulder length ladies.

You can just twist the back up and put in the clip. I love leaving the front out. It's cute.

My SO told me last night that he liked my hair like that. I love compliment on protective styles. :grin:

seraphim712

Have you ever tried the Flexi-8 clips? The small one is great for us shoulder length ladies.

You can just twist the back up and put in the clip. I love leaving the front out. It's cute.

My SO told me last night that he liked my hair like that. I love compliment on protective styles. :grin:

No, I haven't tried them but I definately will now. Thanks.

Determined22

Before my braids I did a lot of buns, I made my own with a sock wrapped in silky fabric so it wouldn't snag my ends. Oh, and I mastered the French twist with Goodhairdays (sp?) pins.

seraphim712

Before my braids I did a lot of buns, I made my own with a sock wrapped in silky fabric so it wouldn't snag my ends. Oh, and I mastered the French twist with Goodhairdays (sp?) pins.

I don't even know how to do a French twist... have any tutorials?

Leslie_C

u can do a loose pinup that looks like a french roll and hold it with hair pins. It makes your hair look thick and full,too. You can see the style in my fotki and it was done when my hair was reaching shoulder length. It also looks cute with some type of hair clip in it. I agree most updos look especailly cute when u leave some hair out in the front. Another option is a french braid.

lollyoo

hi,
i second using clips to roll up, except you are full shoulder length, i dont recommend buns as you are more likely to pull hair to tightly.
also look into rollers setting- you can do this and still airdry.
I am currently at this stage after a lot of post partum shedding so i feel you, its a difficult stage can wait for APL.