Need some advice Please

lhogan6

Good morning,
Long story short I’ve been wearing weaves as a protective style. However I neglected my hair by not keep it moisturized. Took the weave out Dec 28th, hair was damaged, weak and breaking off. Wash with aphogee shampoo for damaged hair and did the aphogee hard protein treatment and used the moisturizing balance conditioner after (follow the directions). Next I applied Aphogee Pro vitamin leave, scurl and sealed with Jbco. Immediately my hair felt better, my curls were poppin. Also I keep my hair moisturized through out the week by reapplying scurl and Jbco like every other day.
Since it’s been two weeks I decided to wash my hair last night. Once again I used the aphogee shampoo for damaged hair, followed by keracare humecto crème conditioner put on a plastic cap and sat under dryer for 15mins.( was on the phone for maybe 10mins) then rinsed it out. Added some aphogee pro vitamin leave in. At this point I noticed my hair was kinda crackling and poppin sounds if that make sense. It felt kinda weird. Went ahead added the scurl and Jbco. My hair in the back felt fine, curls are moisturized. But the front of my hair seems limp and dry. Not sure why? Does anyone have any input? Thanks

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Good morning,
Long story short I’ve been wearing weaves as a protective style. However I neglected my hair by not keep it moisturized. Took the weave out Dec 28th, hair was damaged, weak and breaking off. Wash with aphogee shampoo for damaged hair and did the aphogee hard protein treatment and used the moisturizing balance conditioner after (follow the directions). Next I applied Aphogee Pro vitamin leave, scurl and sealed with Jbco. Immediately my hair felt better, my curls were poppin. Also I keep my hair moisturized through out the week by reapplying scurl and Jbco like every other day.
Since it’s been two weeks I decided to wash my hair last night. Once again I used the aphogee shampoo for damaged hair, followed by keracare humecto crème conditioner put on a plastic cap and sat under dryer for 15mins.( was on the phone for maybe 10mins) then rinsed it out. Added some aphogee pro vitamin leave in. At this point I noticed my hair was kinda crackling and poppin sounds if that make sense. It felt kinda weird. Went ahead added the scurl and Jbco. My hair in the back felt fine, curls are moisturized. But the front of my hair seems limp and dry. Not sure why? Does anyone have any input? Thanks

Maybe you need to try clarifying your hair? Some times starting with a clean slate helps products to work better. Also maybe you need a different moisturizing deep conditioner? Keracare Humecto didnt really do it for my natural hair unless I used it with heat so that could be it too. Will you go back to weaves? Id recommend wigs over weaves for hair retention.

faithVA

I would recommend shampooing and deep conditioning every week. Leave the protein alone for now. Get a really moisturizing shampoo like something for color treated hair Your hair needs moisture and time to rehydrate. Your hair needs more water and pampering. I like TGIN deep conditioner which you can pick up almost anywhere.

If you clarify as Napp suggest, follow it with the moisturizing shampoo and then deep condition for an extended period.

lhogan6

Maybe you need to try clarifying your hair? Some times starting with a clean slate helps products to work better. Also maybe you need a different moisturizing deep conditioner? Keracare Humecto didnt really do it for my natural hair unless I used it with heat so that could be it too. Will you go back to weaves? Id recommend wigs over weaves for hair retention.
I will clarify next wash which will be Friday. Yes currently wearing a wig while I nurture my hair back to health. Thank you for replying and giving suggestions.

lhogan6

I would recommend shampooing and deep conditioning every week. Leave the protein alone for now. Get a really moisturizing shampoo like something for color treated hair Your hair needs moisture and time to rehydrate. Your hair needs more water and pampering. I like TGIN deep conditioner which you can pick up almost anywhere.

If you clarify as Napp suggest, follow it with the moisturizing shampoo and then deep condition for an extended period.
Will do, Thank you so much for your advice as well!