NEED SOME SATIN HAIR BONNET HELP!!!!

Can anyone recommend a satin hair bonnet I can get in which the elastic is not so tight? I have been on a hunt for one for six months. I don't like using a scarf anymore, because I feel like it pulls at my hair line while I'm sleeping. But the problem with the bonnets I have is the elastic is too tight.

I'm looking for a satin hair bonnet with elastic like the elastic found in those little hair nets the cafeteria workers wear or the elastic used in the hair nets used in hospitals.:grin:

Anyone know what I'm talking about? I would make one myself, but I wouldn't know where to begin...

I got mine for $2.99 at Ray's Beauty Supply on 8th Avenue, between 45th and 46th. I suffer from dry hair and breakage. Surprisingly, even though it's so cheap, the bonnet is REALLY roomy, and my hair remains smooth in the morning.
I am notorious for sleeping off all my scarfs. Just couldn't stay on my head. Combined with my 99 cent satin pillow from Jack's World, this bonnet stays put and does not irritate me.

Online, Tenderheaded.com seems to have a nicely constructed one. Haven't tried it though.

Dearlove

Check Sally's for a drawstring satin bonnet. You can make it as tight as you need so it won't fall off, but as loose as you need for it to be comfy.

preciousjewel76

Dearlove said:
Check Sally's for a drawstring satin bonnet. You can make it as tight as you need so it won't fall off, but as loose as you need for it to be comfy.

ITA. I found a drawstring bonnet at a BSS, and I prefer that to the elastic ones. The elastic always left a mark across my forehead, and I was worried that it would break off my edges.

MzOptimistic

ghanaian dime said:
Can anyone recommend a satin hair bonnet I can get in which the elastic is not so tight? I have been on a hunt for one for six months. I don't like using a scarf anymore, because I feel like it pulls at my hair line while I'm sleeping. But the problem with the bonnets I have is the elastic is too tight.

I'm looking for a satin hair bonnet with elastic like the elastic found in those little hair nets the cafeteria workers wear or the elastic used in the hair nets used in hospitals.:grin:

Anyone know what I'm talking about? I would make one myself, but I wouldn't know where to begin...

Here's a website www.maverickwear.com

Isis

krissyprissy said:
I found my drawstring at my local BSS but I have seen them at Wal-Mart resently.
I too have seen them at some Walmarts and bought one in the past. It works pretty well.

Also, with most elastic satin bonnets, if it isn't too tight, you can wear it inside out so the elastic isn't rubbing on the edges or forehead.

preciousjewel76

Isis said:
I too have seen them at some Walmarts and bought one in the past. It works pretty well.

Also, with most elastic satin bonnets, if it isn't too tight, you can wear it inside out so the elastic isn't rubbing on the edges or forehead.

LOL, I tried that, but then the bonnet would slip down over my face during the night!:lol: