Need some testimonies

JustDoIt

I remember when I was younger praying for God to show me my purpose on this earth. Now I truly feel like I've found my purpose and it is to teach.. but now I am so afraid.
I've already given up my job in corporate america to determine if teaching is something I'd really love. Now that I've done it, I'm questioning myself. If I'm to become a teacher, I have to re-train which costs money.. Right now I've been blessed with no school loans and I really don't want to take out a loan for a profession that's not going to pay much.. not to mention the hazards of working in the public school system.. I truly dislike rude children and have been fortunate enough to only work with students who actually wanted my help so I haven't had to deal with behavioral issues..

I know God has come through for me time and time again but I honestly haven't been maintaining my relationship with him so I guess I'm just scared now..

My question is.. have you guys leaped out in faith and took a job that seemingly will pay much less and possibly cause more financial strain and emotional strain on you?

HeChangedMyName

I remember when I was younger praying for God to show me my purpose on this earth. Now I truly feel like I've found my purpose and it is to teach.. but now I am so afraid.
I've already given up my job in corporate america to determine if teaching is something I'd really love. Now that I've done it, I'm questioning myself. If I'm to become a teacher, I have to re-train which costs money.. Right now I've been blessed with no school loans and I really don't want to take out a loan for a profession that's not going to pay much.. not to mention the hazards of working in the public school system.. I truly dislike rude children and have been fortunate enough to only work with students who actually wanted my help so I haven't had to deal with behavioral issues..

I know God has come through for me time and time again but I honestly haven't been maintaining my relationship with him so I guess I'm just scared now..

My question is.. have you guys leaped out in faith and took a job that seemingly will pay much less and possibly cause more financial strain and emotional strain on you?

First, trust that if God placed something in your heart that would cost you money, that he has already prepared a way for the cost to be met, satisfied and dealt with.

If you have any doubt, then that is the specific area that you study what God says. Remember, we aren't to lean unto our own understanding. What does God say about your needs?

2 Timothy 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Psalm 121:7
The LORD will keep you from all harm--he will watch over your life;

Proverbs 22:6
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

1 Thessalonians 5:23
May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Matthew 6
25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I have more than stepped out on faith and taken a job with less pay. I stayed unemployed and on unemployment for almost two years because God showed me that during that time I didn't have to settle for a menial job. He kept me during that time and not one time did i get an eviction notice, or a disconnection notice on my utilities, phone or internet(so I could stay talking to you lovely ladies on the board AND so I could attend school online graduation is set for May 2010). It was only through God that I was able to maintain and STILL live in the overflow. My family never wanted for anything during that time, in fact, I bought a car during that time.

fast forward to when God blessed me with a job that was sufficient. Last February 9 was the last day of my unemployment benefits. There were no more, they had run out. Well, wouldn't you know that God blessed me with this job starting on February 9, same day as unemployment ran out. Then just 8 months later on October 9 I was able to close on a new home. All in faith.

I sold myself out to God. I stopped trying to figure it out and juxtapose everything so that it fit perfectly into my little plan. I want God's plan. I hunger for Him and to see what His awesome power can do. I love it!

Let Go and Let God!!!

Last edited:

JustDoIt

Thanks so much for this eloquent response. i really needed it. I'm going to turn to my bible and mark these passages of scripture you've shared. I just really needed this now! Will let you guys know how things go!

neenzmj

JustDoIt: Thank you for posting this question. It was very timely. I'm not at a place where I'm being led to leave my job (yet), but I'm definitely at a place where I believe God is leading me to do some things that initially call for me to step out of my comfort zones (personally and financially.)

HeChangedMyName: Thank you for this response. I need to mark these scriptures as well.