Need Tips On Trimming the TWA...

JenJen2721

Can anyone offer tips for cutting one's own natural hair? I got the BC 3 months ago and the beautician did a great job, but charges $40 just to cut hair. My hair is a bit uneven, so I just need to get it more uniform? Any pointers?

Should I do it on wet or dry hair? Should I pick it out first? Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Jen

hairmaster

How long is your hair? When do you notice the unevenes, sometimes it best to pay to have it done, One bad cut is hard to cover up...

JenJen2721

It's about 2 inches long all over...it doesn't look uneven when I wash and go...only when I try to wear a picked out style. I was afraid I'd have to pay someone. :(

JenJen2721

babyblue said:
why dont you just go to a male barber instead. it will be much cheaper. I think $40 is too much.

I'm afraid to go to a male barber because of the clippers they use...I've heard the clippers cause rough ends. Is this true? I guess the challenge is finding a barber that does trims w/scissors.

ThursdayGirl

Hijacking for 2 seconds to say:

JENJEN ... I LOVE YOUR TWA!!! I saw your pics just last night and that cut looks hot on you! Congrats :) . If I could be sure mine would look something like that ... I would chop in a hot second.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
ThursdayGirl said:
Hijacking for 2 seconds to say:

JENJEN ... I LOVE YOUR TWA!!! I saw your pics just last night and that cut looks hot on you! Congrats :) . If I could be sure mine would look something like that ... I would chop in a hot second.
Where did u see her pics? I wanna see too...

...And I also would like to know about trimming TWA's and the different shapes I can shape it up with. I'm afraid if I go get it shaped up, the stylist or barber may cut off too much or something. My hair is uneven as well. :yep:

precious_pup

I, too, would highly recommend going to a barber instead of a beauty shop. They are much cheaper and the clippers do not give you rough ends. I use the same clippers they use and a friend of mine goes to a barber to get her hair shaped up. Actually, they may be able to shape it up a lot better than the beauty shop.

ThursdayGirl

Poohbear said:
Where did u see her pics? I wanna see too...

...And I also would like to know about trimming TWA's and the different shapes I can shape it up with. I'm afraid if I go get it shaped up, the stylist or barber may cut off too much or something. My hair is uneven as well. :yep:

She had a nice one (maybe 2) in the LHCF gallery a few days ago... Not sure its still there now.

ThursdayGirl

What I have read about trimming a twa is not to line it up...because this gives a more manly look. A woman should leave the edges softers. (yeah... I read that in Lets Talk Hair... Pam has something to say on just about every topic).

tropicexotic

free @ last
I had bumped a thread on this a while back. I think the trick is to go to a barber who has female clients and if they do or say anything shady when you sit down (like not really asking you what you want, or looking at you funny) know that you can leave and find someone better. It's better to leave w/o a trim than to leave jacked up lol. Good luck on your trim and shape up, I'm sure it'll come out great!