Neglected Hair Help....

andrea

Ok, So I have been completely neglecting my hair and it is starting to show now..

I am 4A BSL relaxed and colored. I have always highlighted my hair at least 2 times a year. Never really experienced much breakage until now. I always kept it moisturized and minimal manipulation.. Well, I spent the summer in 110 degree heat with only washing and going. I completely neglected my color treated hair.. Now I am paying for it...

I have been using Pantene ProV Breakage Defense Shampoo and Conditioner.. I really do not think that has done much if anything for my hair..

I DC every couple of weeks with Honey, Olive Oil and a Conditioner. My Hair is always really nice after that..

So, I am looking to kind of get my hair on a clean slate and go from there. I do not want to buy a lot of products. I was thinking about doing an Emergencee treatment. I have some Humectress that I can then DC my hair and roller setting it then staying on top of the moisturizing.

I know you can have to much protein, however to be honest I do not know if the pantene I am using is protein or not. I am also looking for an expensive Leave In Conditioner..

I love the natural ingredients like the honey, etc. I have some coconut oil but I am confused with what to do with it. Do I use it in the form is in now, Or What?

So, Ladies any suggestions? Like I said, If it is to complicated. I will not do anything and I will be heading back to the salon. I love how she does my hair, however I would like to my hair and only go to her for chemicals and trims..

Thanks

why dont you just deep condition with the honey mixture more often. if your hair does well after you always use it then just up it.

Thanks Chebaby.. I am going to do that also.. Just overall I neglect my hair. I wash it like 1 a week maybe longer. Blow dry it and then keep it like that.. Unless I go to the salon... I would like to work on a simple regimen that works for me.

Plus am curious if the Pantene products I mentioned are protein are not..

Thank you for your response.

Ok, So I have been completely neglecting my hair and it is starting to show now..

I am 4A BSL relaxed and colored. I have always highlighted my hair at least 2 times a year. Never really experienced much breakage until now. I always kept it moisturized and minimal manipulation.. Well, I spent the summer in 110 degree heat with only washing and going. I completely neglected my color treated hair.. Now I am paying for it...

I have been using Pantene ProV Breakage Defense Shampoo and Conditioner.. I really do not think that has done much if anything for my hair..

I DC every couple of weeks with Honey, Olive Oil and a Conditioner. My Hair is always really nice after that..

So, I am looking to kind of get my hair on a clean slate and go from there. I do not want to buy a lot of products. I was thinking about doing an Emergencee treatment. I have some Humectress that I can then DC my hair and roller setting it then staying on top of the moisturizing.

I know you can have to much protein, however to be honest I do not know if the pantene I am using is protein or not. I am also looking for an expensive Leave In Conditioner..

I love the natural ingredients like the honey, etc. I have some coconut oil but I am confused with what to do with it. Do I use it in the form is in now, Or What?

So, Ladies any suggestions? Like I said, If it is to complicated. I will not do anything and I will be heading back to the salon. I love how she does my hair, however I would like to my hair and only go to her for chemicals and trims..

Thanks
OT: I know that Vegas heat is NOTHING nice when it comes to your hair. :nono:

I've always been a humectress fan :love4: (both name brand and knock off :look:... shoot, you're about to have me stopping to pick some up after work!!! :grin:). My hair (relaxed 4a) always feels AMAZING :love: when I DC with humectress mixed with some jojoba oil. :drunk: Good luck!!

I'd do the following...

1. Temporarily discontinue relaxing and coloring.

2. Try to stretch your relaxer as long as you can without causing additional damage to your hair.

3. Start taking garlic supplements twice per day to stop the breakage. You may also use Garlic conditioner as an alternative to taking the pills. Some people crush fresh garlic cloves and make their own, but the smell may be a concern.

4. Wash and deep condition at least once per week.

5. Co-wash once per week, 3-4 days after a regular wash. Deep condition on co-wash days as well.

6. Always use leave in conditioners.

7. Keep your hair moisturized and treat the ends like silk.

8. Don't use any heat unless it's a hair dryer and use a heat protectant. (No blow dryers, hot curlers, or flat irons, ect.)

9. Use a silk scarf to tie around your head before going to bed.

10. Dust your ends only if there split.

I'm not a licensed cosmetologist, but I've given my advise based on what has worked for me.

I hope this helps!! HHG:grin:

Back