Nettle? How to use it?

BrownBetty

Hey Ladies,

I am cleaning out my hair stash and I came across a bag of nettle I bought from the food coop. That was a pj moment for sure because I don't have a clue what to do with it or what the benefit of using it it. All you ladies that use this please tell me what it does for your hair and how you use it in regimen.

Thanks!
MV

honeybadgirl

i had some that i steeped along with peppermint leaves. after i steeped it, i mixed it with a conditioner and put in a bottle. i dont really remember exactly what esle was in it. i was making it for my husband who has dandruff. i didnt record the recipe though:(
i just made it up

adw425

I put my nettle in a tea baller (along with some other herbs like rosemary and burdock and tulsi), put some olive/sesame oil in a crock/potpourri pot and simmer for several hours to make a nice hair and scalp oil.

ETA: I also make a tea with it for a hair rinse. I had forgotten about that although I just did it two days ago.

Last edited:

Studio_gal

I think you can steep some of it in warm water and then use it as a final rinse after washing your hair. Not sure of the actual benefits though. Hopefully thats jogged your memory:)

temfash

Cocothekitten said:
I think you can steep some of it in warm water and then use it as a final rinse after washing your hair. Not sure of the actual benefits though. Hopefully thats jogged your memory:)

Thats how i use it I think its supposed to stimulate growth.

deontaer

I steep it with jasmine tea and drink a cup before bed. I also steep with for a couple of hours with fresh rosemary for a hair rinse.