Nettle Lotion

fancypants007

Here is a recipe that I found for nettle lotion. I made a batch and used it yesterday. Nettle is suppose to be helpful for hair loss and it also thickens up the hair. You can leave it in the hair. My hair was alot thicker, especially my hair ends after I sprayed my hair and scalp with it. I put my mixture in spray bottle and I will spray my hair every PM with it.

Here is the recipe:

Mild enough for everyday use.
To use: Pour a handful of nettle lotion on wet hair after shampooing.
Rub in well. For best results, don't rinse.

1 oz. (2T) dried nettle
3 cups water
1/4 cup vinegar
3 drops rosemary or 3 drops lavender oil

Nettle Infusion: Place 1 oz. dried nettle into a quart/liter jar. Fill the jar to the top with boiling water, put the lid on and let it steep for at least four hours at room temperature.

Prepare infusion: Strain out plant material. Add oil and vinegar to infusion. Keep in refrigerator between uses.

eshille

Here is a recipe that I found for nettle lotion. I made a batch and used it yesterday. Nettle is suppose to be helpful for hair loss and it also thickens up the hair. You can leave it in the hair. My hair was alot thicker, especially my hair ends after I sprayed my hair and scalp with it. I put my mixture in spray bottle and I will spray my hair every PM with it.

Here is the recipe:

Mild enough for everyday use.
To use: Pour a handful of nettle lotion on wet hair after shampooing.
Rub in well. For best results, don't rinse.

1 oz. (2T) dried nettle
3 cups water
1/4 cup vinegar
3 drops rosemary or 3 drops lavender oil

Nettle Infusion: Place 1 oz. dried nettle into a quart/liter jar. Fill the jar to the top with boiling water, put the lid on and let it steep for at least four hours at room temperature.

Prepare infusion: Strain out plant material. Add oil and vinegar to infusion. Keep in refrigerator between uses.

thanks for this lotion recipe..I'm using nettles w/jojoba/aloe/lavender on my scalp, this is a good addition to that. :grin:

passionfruit: I'm using the herbs from nettle tea bag. Maybe those will be easier to find for you.

JustKiya

I got my nettles from MountainRose Herbs. Most health food stores will have them too, usually with the teas.

PassionFruit

WFs didnt have any... Nettles is whats missing from my home made leave-in conditioner...

I will look at other health food type places

fancypants007

Where have you found nettles at?? Ive had such a hard time finding it...

I got mine fromnaturewithlove.com. It's stinging nettle dry herbs. I use it too for everything. I put it in my homemade massage oil, I have some brewing now with other herbs that I add to my homemade indian conditioner (I tweaked DenverGirls shikakai recipe). I wanted a rinse/lotion of some sort and I found this recipe. I just spray in my hair after I finish conditioning my hair and then proceed with detangling, styling, etc. I remember this girl said she used a nettle as a final rinse and her hair thicken. That's what I am trying to achieve with nettle. I will be spraying my hair/scalp with it every PM.