Neutrogena Triple Moisture for 4a/b Naturals

Blacktresses

Has anyone reviewed this product that are natural hair wearers ? For me some products from this line where a dud... some others are still pending... Tell me what your thoughts are on this line. Would you use it again ? Is there one product on this line that is a must have ? Would you only use the product as a substitute for another costly product ?

I am finding, at least on my hair, that what works well on relaxed hair does not work as well on natural hair. Usually, I may leave a product on twice the recommended time to achieve the same results ( of course I use these products after a fresh shampoo or conditioner wash ) as relaxed heads. Do any of you 4a/b Naturals use these products have the same results before and/or after you shampoo or conditioner wash ?

Somebody....help a sista' out

miss_brown

Bump... good question.

I'm natural 4a, and I've also been wondering about this line but haven't gotten around to buying it yet. (BTW, I've also find that some of the things that work on relaxed hair aren't the most effective on my natural.)

joyous

I've used the shampoo, daily conditioner and hair mask. The shampoo was good. It left my hair soft, moisturized an easy to detanlge.I willrepurchase agian as an alternate shampoo. The daily condtioner wasn't haevy enough for my natural hair. I've been using it for my condtioner washes to to use up the product. I will not repurchase. The Mask I absolutely love. This did wonders for my hair. My hair felt soft and well moisturized. My hair retained moisture for a few days after using this product. I definitely will be repurchasing the mask. This is my must have product.

As far as substitution for a more expensive product the answer is no.

miss_brown

Thanks for the review, joyous. I have a couple more questions re the NTM Mask. How often do you use it? How do you apply it (with/without heat or just follow the instructions)? TIA

joyous

[ QUOTE ]
miss_brown said:
Thanks for the review, joyous. I have a couple more questions re the NTM Mask. How often do you use it? How do you apply it (with/without heat or just follow the instructions)? TIA

[/ QUOTE ]
I use it about once a week and I apply it without heat. I leave it on about 30 minutes with a plastic cap.HTH

Blacktresses

What I really meant to say was if you already use a costly product ( like Nexxus) do you like the Triple Moisture enough to switch to Triple Moisture?

Thanks ladies for the above info. Just making sure that I was recieving the same result as others.

Are there any more with stories on this product line ?

MrJohnsonsRib

I just bought the shampoo and conditioner to try tonight and hopefully it will work out well for me because I spent $4.50 a piece on them. I need moisture on this 4B relaxed w/ newgrowth head of mine...we shall see. I suppose I could post my "results" on here when I am finished. I will try to be detailed because there's nothing like a product review that sounds so awesome til you find out that the person never told you anything about the current state of their hair leaving you to wonder if it REALLY is great or just great for them and not you. Deatils are helpful so hopefully I can give you all my best.

Ganjababy

I love the NTM mask and conditioner. I find it to be one of the best products I have used on my hair and is one of my staples. I works as good as more expensive products- even better

AtlantaJJ

I was just looking at this in the store... but I was able to make the PJ - Stand Down.....:lol: So I left it on the shelf.... I need some mega moisture for after I do my henna treatments :scratchch the Mask sounds like the move...

letitgrow0702

I used the mask and I also have the leave in. I would only leave the mask on for about 5 min in the shower and was not really impressed. Perhaps if I would of used it as a DC I would of received better results.

I prefer pantene's moisture mask better with the blue top. It gives my hair moisture and provides the best slip. After 2-3 min I can comb right through my hair.

Rei

NTM mask is awesome. I use it as my alternate DC. However, the leave in is watery crap for my natural hair. I needed something a bit heavier. I also like the shampoo

LiberianGirl

I really liked NTM products when I was relaxed. They just don't work as good on my natural hair. I still use the conditioner from time to time but it's not my top choice.

youwillrise

hmmm...

well i used to really like the silk touch leave-in,
but somehow my hair doesnt like it so much anymore

i bought a jar of the mask for the first time recently
and the jury is still out

i'm actually trying it out on dry hair now
to see if it makes a difference.

Junebug D

I like the Silk Touch Leave-in; it's the first product I've tried that I'm making a "staple" on my new hair growth journey. :yep: I haven't used any ultra-expensive products to compare it to though.

cocopuff

I have used the Cream Lather Shampoo and the Daily Deep Conditioner and I liked them both (enough to repurchase). I also like the serum very much. I have not tried the Deep Conditioner, the jar is small so I would probably be able to get only one use out of it.

Rei

What leave in do you use?

so far, to be quite honest, I haven't really found a steady staple. What I have been using is giovanni, but I can't say that I have been blown away. My hair is really schizo when it comes to whether it likes protein or not, so I'm still on the fence about it. I really want to try some of the Qhemet stuff, it seems like a lot of natural 4bs love it.

When I didn't really have a lot of money for being a PJ with leave ins, what I do is just don't wash my conditioner out all the way.

MrJohnsonsRib

UPDATE- Okay so I actually washed and condished with the Neutrogena triple Moisture (friday night)and I used the hair mask and the creamy leave-in(saturday), I like the conditioner and the shampoo was not bad but it wasn't much to shout to the hills about. I mean I am beginning to feel like I gotta bottle some leave-in/ moisturizer and carry it in my back pocket.....my hair is still dry. I even got Profectiv's Break Free because I recalled it leaving my hair very moist (in Florida) but after DCing and washing out overnight and then using a lil as a leave-in well mt hair dried and felt coated except in the back which kind felt nice but what difference does it make if it doesn't benefit my WHOLE head? However that eventually dried out.....so is there anyone that seems to be moisturizing every 2 hours cause I feel like the only way to keep moisture is to keep it wet and wear a plastic cap-I mean seriously,this mess is working my nerves.

Newtogrow

4b checking in. I used the NTM mask mixed with Roux PC and I left both in my hair without rinsing. Wore my afro and my hair was very soft. Have not yet used it rinsed out.

cmw45

Also a dud for me too. I tried the Conditioner and the Shampoo. My hair has felt much better with Suave or V05. The shampoo was also kind of eh. My hair felt very heavy and coated and when it dried it didn't feel soft at all. A friend took the conditioner and I am using up the shampoo (watered down) while I'm in braids. Will no repurchase.

Barbara

Princess
I mixed a little of the NTM daily deep conditioner with Motions Moisture Plus, Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing, Mane N Tail conditioners, shea butter, cocoa butter and oils in a canister and took it to the salon. My stylist didn't complain and the mixture is almost gone, so it must be good. I'm going to try it alone soon.