New *2010* Transitioners Support Thread!

SherylsTresses

:hiya: SherylsTresses checking in

All is well. I'll be 16 months post on December 1st. I'm still striving for full APL or no BCing at all. My go to styles are still a braided ponytail pinned with a claw clip or loose pony pinned with goody pony clip. How is everyone else doing?

DesireeElla

guys, i'm literally dying. I'm 11 months post and all i wanna do is chop off my annoying relaxed ends:( but im scared of being BALD!!!!!!!

13StepsAhead

Hey ladies I'm no longer a transitioner I BC'd 11/22/10 unexpectedly in the middle of the night (1 wk shy of 17mths). I'm so excited to finally be natural and I can't wait to try out new styles. Unfortunately my house was broken into yesterday and they stole my Camera and PC so i don't have my actual BC pictures:( But I will post pics ASAP. Good Luck Transitioning Ladies!!! It's well worth it at the end of the tunnel

Nerd.

Hola todos :wave:

It's been a very long time since I have been on the forum, although I do lurk from time to time. Transitioning is a breeze these days. I am a little over 15months post, and I am consistently pleasantly surprised at the state of my natural hair. I am in love and I cannot wait to be natural

My main styles consist of a two-strand twist out/ bantu knot out in either a bun or a pony tail. Never loose.

Flatironed:

I no longer try to pin-point what my texture is (as it as changed dramatically) Nor do I know how much longer I will transition, but hopefully the hard part is behind me and it continues to be this easy :yep:

happy transitioning!

My hair is soft after using Amla powder in my dc and cowashing condish. I love it. I'm itching to henna my hair; but, I have to wait for some birthday cash on the 7th from my DH.

Hairness

Hi Everyone! So last night, as I was taking down my tucked in ponytail, I was running my fingers through the natural part on my hair. It was sooo soft, felt moisturized and I kept on doing it way longer than I really needed to. I love the soft springy feeling of my new growth (I think I'm a 4B or something like that). My only con was when I took fingers out, they were covered with a sheen of product and I had to wipe away the grease. Is there a way to moisturize without the grease-factor?

I moisturize with watered down VO5 with a little glycerin mixed in. I follow that with some Jojoba oil. I put some JBCO on my edges and neck, and then go over my entire head with Jane Carter Solution's Nourishing Cream. I cover with a scarf and go to sleep. I do the same thing in the morning without combing but add some Jane Carter Solution's Nourish and Shine for, well, a little more shine.

I was just trying work out a relaxed hair reggie and now I'm still trying to tweak my transitioning/soon-to-be-natural reggie. I'm open to suggestions, so feel free to suggest away!!

TIA (I finally figured out that abbreviation.) :eek:)

bibirockz

My hair is soft after using Amla powder in my dc and cowashing condish. I love it. I'm itching to henna my hair; but, I have to wait for some birthday cash on the 7th from my DH.

I've been wanting to try henna as well. I went to this Indian grocery store yesterday, but they had the type for hair coloring, and not the body art kind so I didn't get it.

I just took out my installs, I almost flat ironed :nono: but I'll wait until the end of this month. I used ORS hair mayo on my relaxed hair only and will be washing soon, then cowash, and DC overnight since it's 1 AM already. I will be getting install this friday, I hope to leave it in until around new years :yep: I'm also loving this low poo and co-washing once every 2 days seems to help tons :lick:

Ms. Martina

I bought some Aussie moist 2 in 1 shampoo conditioner this week. Has anyone else tried it? I have used it twice this week, and my hair liked it! Combing through my transitioning hair was like combing through the relaxed hair...the comb just slipped right through. And this was AFTER it was all rinsed out too!

lolascurls

Checking in! 12 months post now! I got some argan oil recently but I'm in kinky twists. I keep thinking about getting some jojoba oil!

tippandbb

Hey everyone! :wave: I'm new here...but I've (my sister also) been transitioning for 11mos it will be a year on the 4th of this month. I don't know how long I will be transitioning for, but I'm so eager to just chop it off!

jerseygurl

Not a new member
Checking in! 12 months post now! I got some argan oil recently but I'm in kinky twists. I keep thinking about getting some jojoba oil!

:hiya: hi Lola I'm 2 weeks behind you. For this transition has been easier than I thought it would be. I'm ready to go 12 more months at this rate:grin:

How's everyone doing?

KurlyNinja

I'm 37 weeks post as of today. Almost to my halfway mark. I just feel like I havent checked in for a while. I still have no desire to cut my hair, but that could be because I havent really seen my hair since I've started wiggin it for the winter. Now who knows how I'll feel by the time March rolls around:lachen:, but I'm pretty sure I'm going for a full 18 months. It just seems right to me.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I bought some Aussie moist 2 in 1 shampoo conditioner this week. Has anyone else tried it? I have used it twice this week, and my hair liked it! Combing through my transitioning hair was like combing through the relaxed hair...the comb just slipped right through. And this was AFTER it was all rinsed out too!

I really love this product for repairing my hair. I have to go out and get more for my hair tomorrow. I do think it's great on transitioning hair. And I adore your hair in your siggie!!!

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
:hiya: hi Lola I'm 2 weeks behind you. For this transition has been easier than I thought it would be. I'm ready to go 12 more months at this rate:grin:

How's everyone doing?

14 months and counting. Going another 12 and it's BC regardless of how much relaxed ends are left. I want to be 100% natural by my 40th birthday next October, so it's a goal of mine to continue to take care of the two texture, gradually cutting off the ends along the way and wearing protective styles. I love my bantu knot outs. And I plan to try finger coil outs for next week's wash day.

jayjaycurlz

I'm 67 weeks post texlax touch-up on a 104 week (2yr) transition. I've been gradually cutting off my texlaxed ends. I'm using kimmaytube's leave-in and dry styling my hair. I dc once a month but may do it twice a month in the winter.

dr.j

Next week I'll be 18 months post. I can't believe it. I remember when Mummy's Girl the OP BC'd at 18 months. But I'm still gonna trudge along to at least 24 months. Here is a pic after I washed my hair tonight. I measured this piece and it's 8 inches stretched -- this area definitely grows faster than the front and crown. KUTGW ladies!

MsWowFactor

I am 18 months post myself. I decided to go to the hair dresser today. A new one at that. I have not been since July. I have been trying to work with it myself, roller sets, buns, pinups…etc. I really wanted to see how much growth I can get on my own. Im not that impressed with where I am so far. I feel like Im in the same place I was last year at this time and I only used heat maybe 3 or 4 times this year.
The per son I am going to does natural hair. One of my girlfriends goes to her and her hair is in good condition and I like her hairstyles. So I am hoping this works for me. Hopefully I have found someone who will properly manage my hair and give me the beautiful styles I have been missing. Wish me luck!!! :drunk:

dr.j

I am 18 months post myself. I decided to go to the hair dresser today. A new one at that. I have not been since July. I have been trying to work with it myself, roller sets, buns, pinups…etc. I really wanted to see how much growth I can get on my own. Im not that impressed with where I am so far. I feel like Im in the same place I was last year at this time and I only used heat maybe 3 or 4 times this year.
The per son I am going to does natural hair. One of my girlfriends goes to her and her hair is in good condition and I like her hairstyles. So I am hoping this works for me. Hopefully I have found someone who will properly manage my hair and give me the beautiful styles I have been missing. Wish me luck!!! :drunk:

I hope it works out well with the new stylist.

Ms. Martina

Some of you might remember that I cut "test patches" in my nape, side, and crown a couple of months ago. If you don't remember, here is the video for that. Well...I've been scissor happy again!. I cut off another rather large portion of hair on the side of my head about two weeks ago!:blush::lachen:

Yes, it sounds harsh, and I thought it was going to look awful. But guess what...I flat ironed my hair and you can't even tell a huge chunk is missing. I guess having thick hair is a blessing...otherwise I would have been looking like Cassie gone wrong.:nono:

But anyway, I have been wearing it flat ironed since I cut it. I can't fully wash my head for a few days, but I decided to wet/cowash the new "test patch" bc I missed it being curly. And here it is ladies...making it's grand debut on LHCF. All of the pics are in my Fotki album. There is one album full of wet hair pics, and another full of dry hair pics. All photos were taken today...ENJOY!

Oh, also please excuse how unruly my nape area is looking! I did not wet the hair in the back/nape at all today. It is all smashed up bc I slept on it, and didn't wet it before the photos.:lachen:

P.S...I will post pics of my hair washed and flat ironed so y'all can see it doesn't look all crazy...lol.I will probably do that over the weekend!

Lastly, I don't think I will cut any other "test patches." However, I am more than happy with the ones I have! It feels amazing to have some natural hair to experiment with while transitioning. So quite honestly, I would recommend that curious long term transitioners cut at least one "test patch" (provided they have enough hair to camouflage it).

But anyway, here are the pics!

Click here for pics of my hair wet...

Click here to see what it looks like dry...

Enjoy...Thanks

SmilingElephant

I am in loooooooooooove with me some Oyin products yo!:love4:

I just got my package yesterday...i bought the Burnt Sugar Pomade, Honey Wash and Funk Butter in the black cedar fig scent....i enjoy everything:yep: The honey wash is kinda like the Dr. Bonner's liquid castile soap only its more moisturizing.

I sooooooo need to get a new bottle of Honey Hemp Conditioner:drunk:...i keep puttin it off:nono: