New *2010* Transitioners Support Thread!

Diva_Esq

I will be exactly 29 weeks post on Saturday! :yay:

My goal is kind of fluid. Originally, I didn't want to do any big chops, just trims and dustings like I usually do every 3-4 months until all of the relaxer was gone (I'm thinking 2 years or so). I am currently between SL & APL. But lately, I've been thinking about BCing at my 8 month mark (Jan. 2) and wearing my natural texture in a short wavy/ curly 'do. I know I want to grow my natural hair out as long as possible...hopefully MBL or WL like I was when I was natural, so I am thinking this may be my last opportunity to rock short hair (never have!) b/c I know once I am uber-long, I will not cut it short.

So, I am :wallbash: trying to decide.

Anywho...a few pics:

Current Length

Texture (excuse the lack of moisture...just worked out & out of a bun)

Glad to be apart of the 2010 Support Thread! Pray that I decide what to do...BC or LT Transition! :)

MummysGirl

Beautiful hair... both relaxed and new growth!

I never thought of it the way you stated in the bolded... makes a lot of sense!

Good luck and let's know your decision
I will be exactly 29 weeks post on Saturday! :yay:

My goal is kind of fluid. Originally, I didn't want to do any big chops, just trims and dustings like I usually do every 3-4 months until all of the relaxer was gone (I'm thinking 2 years or so). I am currently between SL & APL. But lately, I've been thinking about BCing at my 8 month mark (Jan. 2) and wearing my natural texture in a short wavy/ curly 'do. I know I want to grow my natural hair out as long as possible...hopefully MBL or WL like I was when I was natural, so I am thinking this may be my last opportunity to rock short hair (never have!) b/c I know once I am uber-long, I will not cut it short.

Glad to be apart of the 2010 Support Thread! Pray that I decide what to do...BC or LT Transition! :)

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
1. How far into your transition are you?
I'm 11.5 months in. 2 more weeks until 1 year post :grin:

2. What's your transition goal?
18 months minimum. Hoping to get to 2 years or longer

ETA Yay I'm happy to see so many long term transitioners!

Last edited:

2inspireU

I'm 6 months post, I swear time flies. I remember putting the ticker in my siggy, and staring at it thinking it will take forever before I reach 6 months.

I am a long term transitioner checking in. I won't cut until my natural hair is APL unstretched.

MummysGirl

Same here :yep: A lot of motivation to stick to it!
I'm 11.5 months in. 2 more weeks until 1 year post :grin:

18 months minimum. Hoping to get to 2 years or longer

ETA Yay I'm happy to see so many long term transitioners!

I agree! I was 7 weeks post, excited about the thought of being 21 weeks post (2 weeks longer than I'd ever stretched relaxers) and now I'm almost 48 weeks post! This year has flown by!
I'm 6 months post, I swear time flies. I remember putting the ticker in my siggy, and staring at it thinking it will take forever before I reach 6 months.

I am a long term transitioner checking in. I won't cut until my natural hair is APL unstretched.

caligirl2385

hi all! i'm about 7months post. i'm planning to be in and out of braids all throughout 2010. i want to BC for my birthday, feb 2011, at about 20months post.

chelleyrock

Hello everyone :hiya:

I'm currently 11 months post with a transition goal of 2 years. I'm a slow grower, so depending on how long my new growth is by 12/2010, I'll probably BC 12/31/2010.

Neek-a-Nator

:hiya: Hello my transitioning sistas:) Thanks Mummy, glad to see the new thread for 2010 started.

1. I'm 5 months post, for esact time see the ticker below. I look to be one of the "babies" of the bunch. You ladies are where I wanna be.

2. I have no idea of when I will BC, I don't have any plans at this point. The one thing that I do know is that I won't BC before 1 year, other than that I'll play it by ear. Not having trouble with the two textures cause I'm rockin a weave and when I'm not in that I wear half wigs. I may think about braids in the future.

HHG ladies and baby that NG

MummysGirl

:hiya: I see there are a few ladies on the same timeline as we are :yay:
Hey MummysGirl :wave:! We're transitioning twins, I am also 11 months post, and I'm aiming to transition for a minimum of 18 months.

I have passed the most difficult part of transitioning and I believe it will be smooth sailing from here on in!

stephluvshair

Hey ladies thanx for starting this thread.

Currently: 15 weeks post
Ending transition: 25 months post (minimum)
Pray for me guys. Will post my texture shots at 6 months post.

Ltown

Greyland
Thanks MummyGirl for starting new post.

58 weeks post! My hair is so curly so my shrinkage is crazy short. So I'm still trying to figure out my twistout/braidout regimen. I've used gel, and leave in so I'll keep trying:nono:. Piss:wallbash:

cch24

I'm excited for this new thread! I'm 14 months post (I stopped counting weeks around 26...) and I'm unsure about when I'll big chop. If I don't chop around August 2010 then i'll probably wait until April or May of 2011.

stephluvshair

Hey Blksndrlla. I was looking at pics of when I was 14 before i relaxed and my hair texture looked very similar to yours. your hair is so beautiful. How has your hair stayed so beautiful and healthy throughout your transition? I need tips. Also at what month when did you start to see you texture come in? I feel like my hair is growing so slow.

FlawedBeauty

hey i wanna be in!! i want to be at least APL unstretched before I cut my relaxed ends off. i gots a loooooong way to go, i'm only i month post...im such a loser :lachen: hoping to get thru 2010 without relaxing.

tapioca_pudding

I think I'm 10 weeks, lol but I'm not quite sure. :drunk:

The plan is to transition for at least a year, then do a mini big chop, then transition for another year and do the big-big chop. :yep: I hope it works out like this, and I have an easy transition.

I started getting relaxers at an early age and have never experienced my natural hair, so I'm very very excited. :D

Chameleonchick

I didn't notice this new thread. Cool.

Well I am 11 months and 2 weeks post right now.

My transition goal likes to change every day depending on my mood. But I am now thinking that I will be chopping very soon. One reason is because I feel the need to. I am so much more talented at hair styles than I was the last time I chopped.

Number two is because I am noticing splits on my relaxed hair.

Number three is because of a very mean comment dh said about a week ago that made me want to chop it to the scalp(only at the time I know if I would have actually done that I really would have regretted it)

Number four a friend without even knowing it gaved me that boost of confidence to say what am I waiting for.

One thing that is bothering me is that my growth pattern is very weird. Some spots I have 3.5 inches some I have 5.5 inches and some I have 4 inches of new growth. Its so annoying.

TyHill21

Hey MummysGirl :)

I am almost 6 months into my transition
I am not sure, I have about 3 inches of relaxed ends and I think I may bc at 12 or 18 months or somewhere in between

Last edited:

Iluvsmuhgrass

1. How far into your transition are you? I am a little over 2 months (12 weeks) in.
2. What's your transition goal? 24 months (2 years) then chopping so I'll have enough to play with/in. :lol:

I feel that I have a good ways to go but I'm pretty excited about the journey. (Yay)

Sequoia

Hi everyone, checking in to the new thread.
18 mths post
Transitioning until I feel comfortable with my length- could be 1 yr more, could be 2!

RockCreak

I WANT IN!!!! I WANT IN!!!! sorry for screaming...:lachen:

I'm like 5 months and some change post... Imma try to hold on as long as possible... I'm currently APl...

I was trimming slowly as it grows but I dunno if imma keep doing it!

rben

I am almost 13 Months into my transtition.

I plan a minimum of 24 months and may go on for 36 months if I still have a significant portion of relaxed hair left.

I currently have about 1/3 natural hair and 2/3 relaxed hair. I'm having a mini chop at the end of December and then no trims or chops for 12 months. :grin:

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Hi MummysGirl,

I am currently a little over 8 months post and I plan on transitioning very long term. I don't want short hair again so I may wait until I get to BSL and do mini chops every couple of months until all the relaxer is out.

angeleyez09

Hi! I'm about six months in and I plan to cut in a year and a half. I only have an inch right now of NG. I don't know how long it is if I flat ironed it though.

andromeda

Thanks for starting this thread, Mummy's Girl!

7.5 months

Somewhat undecided. I initially planned to BC once I reached full natural shoulder length stretched, but I think I might wait until APL, especially now that I've discovered half wigs. I'll try to hold out until Summer of 2010 but the difference in texture and thickness between my new growth and bonelaxed hair is so great that I might just BC and get it over with.