New *2010* Transitioners Support Thread!

CurlyNue

My last relaxer was March 2009. My plan is to grow 9 inches of unrelaxed hair before I chop. At the moment I have a touch over three inches. I hope to achieve the 9 inches by December of 2010.

Garner

Appreciate the new thread Mummysgirl. I am 16 months post. My Transition period will be open as I am trimming monthly until relaxed ends are off.

Last edited:

Stepiphanie

I am currently 8 months post.Not sure how long I plan to transition but I would like to be at SL streched when I chop!

FlawedBeauty

hey ladies, just took a pic of some of my new growth. it would be awesome to have this texture all over!!

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I'm about 4.5 months post
Goal 1.5 to 2 years hoping I make it to 1 year at least

I've always had short hair I just know I don't want a twa.

naturallygoldie

yay Mummysgirl!

I'm almost 14 weeks post which is a record within itself! I'm going for as long as I can before it grows out or I change my mind and start relaxing again (sheesh I hope not)

blksndrlla

Hey Blksndrlla. I was looking at pics of when I was 14 before i relaxed and my hair texture looked very similar to yours. your hair is so beautiful. How has your hair stayed so beautiful and healthy throughout your transition? I need tips. Also at what month when did you start to see you texture come in? I feel like my hair is growing so slow.

Thank you...so much! I stayed flat ironed for the first 6 months, so...I don't really know. I remember washing it 5 months in and having a lot of new growth, but it wasn't clumping and defined like it is now. I am actually a slow grower...or at least it seems that way. Since about March I have been bunning or wearing an "out" of some sort. I think the key is how you handle the hair and listening to your hair. Don't rush through detangling and find something that works for you to detangle with ease...This is where most of us loose and damage hair. Aside from that, keep it simple (and MOISTURIZE)... feel free to pm me...

Wow that looks gorgeous!

How did you style it?

I did a Curly-Nikki twist in curl, took it down fluffed, put shea butter on the edges and used a stretched out doubled-over scuncii head band to hold the puff and put 2 bobby pins on the side. After that, I just added a tighter doubled head band to hold back fly-aways. That's it!

Thanks for all of the compliments!

Last edited:

asubeauty

I'm about 8 1/2 months post relaxer (I lost track of weeks a while ago. :lol: )

I plan to transition until June 2011, when I graduate from med school. :yep:

MummysGirl

I know :grin: I'm so glad we started a new thread...

New transitioners, I think this thread will really help you! My first post in the 2009 thread was when I was @ 7wks post and I'm 48 weeks post now! I got a lot of ideas and support from that thread and I hope we all get the same in this thread :yep:

My transitioning folder in my fotki: http://public.fotki.com/mummysgirl/transition-to-natural/

There are sooooo many new faces! It is so EXCITING!!!

Thann

1. How far into your transition are you? 3 months
2. What's your transition goal? 20 months

Subscribing

LoveCraze

Naturalista
Hello fellow transitioners.:wave:
I'm currently a little over 8 mths post...see ticker in my siggie.
I plan to transition at least to a year which is March 2010. At that point I will evaluate my hair and decide if I'm ready for the BC.

Thanks for the new thread Mummy. :grin:

dicapr

I'm in. I am 5 months post and so far it hasn't been to bad. This is my second transition and last time I chopped at 8 months. I don't plan to BC at all this time. Just my normal trim every 3 months.

MummysGirl

Hey ladies... 6 weeks till it's 2010 :grin:

My hair has been in braids (no extensions) for 2 weeks now, 1 more week to go... I'm really missing my hair right now but I'm going to hold out till next week.

Have a lovely weekend ladies and remember to post your questions, your good news, etc in here.

HHG!

hairsothick

Black and Magical
I'm 9 months post as of today! Yay!

I want to transition for at least 6 more months, but we'll see. I'll probably be close to BSL stretched by then.

I want to braid my hair up after graduation to help me along.

DigitalRain

I think we can start by stating:
1. How far into your transition are you? 8 weeks.
2. What's your transition goal? At this point 6 month. Really would love to go a year.

Im looking at my 4b newgrowth, and Im having a moment of weakness. Im gonna need divine intervention to make it to 6 months. :look:

yeswecan

OMG! thank you. I am new to this site but not hair woes. wish I had found this on one of my previous transitions. Never want to give up and perm-relax again. Boy do I need help. 14wks since last touch-up. I think my hair is 4c. I stay up late and read until my eyes hurt on this site. Can anyone recommend a natural hair care salon to assist me in the nassau county/LI/NYC area? I too am aware of the size of my head and don't want to BC.

lizzyb168

1. How far into your transition are you?
Im 6 months exactly.

2. What's your transition goal?
A full head down to waistlength of natural hair. I know i can do it and i cant wait.

MummysGirl

OMG! thank you. I am new to this site but not hair woes. wish I had found this on one of my previous transitions. Never want to give up and perm-relax again. Boy do I need help. 14wks since last touch-up. I think my hair is 4c. I stay up late and read until my eyes hurt on this site. Can anyone recommend a natural hair care salon to assist me in the nassau county/LI/NYC area? I too am aware of the size of my head and don't want to BC.

:welcome: to the forum :grin:

MoniintheMiddle

1. How far into your transition are you?
I will be 12 months on 12/19.

2. What's your transition goal?
BSL natural hair. I have been doing minor chops throughout my transition. I was SL length but now I am neck length.

WesternEyes

1. How far into your transition are you? Almost 7 months.
2. What's your transition goal? 18 months. I'm gradually chopping away an inch or two every time I get the urge.

Platinum

:welcome4::newbie:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I was talking to my mom on the phone and although I couldn't see her I felt she was like this :spinning:. I'm always talking about my hair and I am really trying to decide if I will just bc after a year or do a mini chop at a year and another at 18 months :wallbash:.