New *2010* Transitioners Support Thread!

DivaM06

6 Months Post
Thinking of BCing in January, not sure yet. I'm a little afraid of what I will look like with short hair, but I'm tired of the two textures.

Decisions Decisions

MummysGirl

I know what you mean :yep: I'd do the same if I felt I could...

I am 100% aware of my larger than average head :lachen:... one of my many excuses not to risk having too short hair (for me)...

I think this is why I have been able to remain patient and find styles that have made my transition easier than I ever expected... I actually thought that I'd be VERY frustrated by this point in my transition...
Mummysgirl -- had transitioned twice before .. and both time i believed i ended my transition after 6 months . I dont have the patience to deal with both textures. Right now I dont mind bcing , because I can learn about my texture as it grows, you know what i mean ?

Last edited:

MummysGirl

:hiya: I see this was your 1st post on this board!
:welcome:

I am scared of what I'll look like with short hair, see my previous comment, so I totally feel you...

Would you transition longer if managing both textures was much easier? What are the problems you are facing?

6 Months Post
Thinking of BCing in January, not sure yet. I'm a little afraid of what I will look like with short hair, but I'm tired of the two textures.

Decisions Decisions

Platinum

Thanks for starting the new thread, Mummysgirl! I'll be 30 weeks post tomorrow.:yay::superbanana::bouncy: This is my second attempt at transitioning. I usually never don't make it past 26 weeks before I get frustrated and relax my hair. I'm confident that I can transition successfully this time.:yep:

blksndrlla

I am 16 months post...
I will trim in Dec...
I won't chop until 8/2010...making me 25 months post...

MummysGirl

Hello Ladies :grin:
7 months post
Transitioning until whenever I get rid of all the texlaxed ends but keep length at bsl/mbl

30 weeks post!!!! :yay: I can't believe how this year's flown by... Well done and KUTGW :grin:
Thanks for starting the new thread, Mummysgirl! I'll be 30 weeks post tomorrow.:yay::superbanana::bouncy: This is my second attempt at transitioning. I usually never don't make it past 26 weeks before I get frustrated and relax my hair. I'm confident that I can transition successfully this time.:yep:

LadyRaider

1. Seven months post.
2. I'm trimming in February. I think my hair grows slowly and I've trimmed twice since last February and my hair is just getting back to the longest point it was last February when I started. My hair was very uneven so I know it needed to be cut, but I last trimmed in Sept. so I think February should be the soonest I do so again.
3. If I do ever cut off the relaxed ends (right now there's very little texture difference between the new growth and the relaxed part... my hair was never bone straight) it will be after I am WELL into shoulder length. I want to be full shoulder length soooooo bad!

AshCash

Hi Everyone! I lurked in the 2009 thread but I want to be more active in this one. I am 10months post and my goal is 24-30 months. I am right about where I was when I BC'ed 2 years ago, but I don't feel tempted to cut yet. HHG!

blksndrlla

I :love: your siggy pic!!!! Can you share bigger pictures please :)

Thanks... here is that photo!

It was a failed T-N-C put into a puff!

I also have a sparsely updated fotki...lol

Ladylu

[IMG]http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs214.snc1/8135_1210024206042_1091836355_652938_2513819_n.jpg[/IMG]

4 months post...hainging in there...looking for new styles, thinking about braids etc. I just rolleret my hair last night and it came out nice...but I just had to hot comb the new growth in the front.(electric hot comb).... speaking of new growth... I lov it. I've got about 2 inches now... I think my hair is growing faster since I no longer have the relaser chemicals in my hair.

If anyone can recommend a dryer that will help straighten my hair when blow drying...please advise!

Last edited:

Grand Prix

Ohh I've been meaning to join the 2009 thread. Oh well, fresh start!

1. 13 months post as of today!

2. Initially it was 18 months, so I would be cutting in April and able to wear wash and goes for the spring and summer (my dream, lol). Now however.. I'm surprised at the length I'm retaining so I'd be cutting off a lot of hair. Also, this was before I knew that hair really does grow no more than 0.5 of an inch on average. Or that I might not have wash n go hair, I seem to have 3 different textures on this head.

I'm also afraid that even 18 months of length will shrink up and still look short on me.

So what if I end up cutting off my beloved transitioning ponytail and not be happy with hair I can't work with yet!:spinning:

And who is going to do my BC??

Happy I don't have to worry about it for another 5 months, then we'll see :drunk:.

Bun Mistress

I think we can start by stating:
1. How far into your transition are you?

A little over nine months (I have a counter below honestly that is the only way I would keep up with the time)

2. What's your transition goal?

Just going to keep growing hair. I just got my furst "dusting" in almost a year. No plans to BC.

plastic

I'm most likely going to be the shortest planned transitioner in here

Transitioning for 2 months
BCing in 2 months

Last edited:

KiSseS03

Hey MummysGirl :wave:! We're transitioning twins, I am also 11 months post, and I'm aiming to transition for a minimum of 18 months.

I have passed the most difficult part of transitioning and I believe it will be smooth sailing from here on in!

MzK

Transitioning--8months (and a few days) into it so far.....hoping to go for 12months....maybe a little longer. :) Loving my new growth!!! :D

Britt4209

I think i would like to join this challenge..

I am currently 5 months post and I would like to transition to natural..im not quite sure how long i can do it, but i definately would like to be relaxer free..I am in individual braids right now and will be getting them touched up on Saturday and will keep them in until Christmas.

MummysGirl

I've wondered about the bolded too... I've decided to re-evaluate when I'm 18 months post... although I think I might just chop of the rest of my relaxed ends then... I'll decide in 7 months :spinning:

I'm also afraid that even 18 months of length will shrink up and still look short on me.