New *2012* Transitioners Support Thread!

dozendiva

I am one year into my transition and plan to transition until May 14, 2013 which will be 2 years and 4 months since my last relaxer on January 14, 2011. I have been transitioning with weaves thus far and just began taking Nioxin vitamins :grin:

05girl

1. How far into the transition are you? 12.5 months
2. Whats your transition goal? At the least, shoulder-length. Then I will consider chopping off the relaxed ends.

A856

On the 22nd I'll be 52wks post without the BC. I do plan on chopping some, I just still need to be able to make a ponytail!

Dee-Licious

i made 7 months yesterday... will make 31 weeks on Thursday

I plan to transitioning until I get back to MBL then start trimming to just maintain it there until I am fully natural. I'm approaching BSL right now so I have a looooooooong time to go
!

Theresamonet

1. I am 17 months post relaxer. I am about 75%-80% natural.
2. My transition goal is to go 36 months.

I was natural for about 13 months prior to transitioning again. I got fed up one day ( about what, I cant remember) and texlaxed my hair. I immediately regretted doing so, and started my transition that day.

I've been wearing my hair either straight/bunned in some fashion/ or a phony pony puff for most of my transition. I wash n go'd in beginning but that quickly was no longer an option. Right now, I'm trying out a twists pulled into a high bun. I think this may become my staple style for this year.

I've found products that work well for my hair. I'm still trying some things, but not many. I'm really trying to keep it simple...I don't even use my steamer anymore.

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
1. How far into the transition are you?

I am 13 weeks post relaxer. See siggy.

2. Whats your transition goal?

I am aiming for at least 12 months but 18 months seems more reasonable. I refuse to BC with less than SL hair. APL is my short term hair goal.

I am planning on reaching my goals through protective styling throughout the year 2012. I'm currently in box braids. After this, I'm thinking a weave or yarn twists. Currently, my regimen is super simple: Oil my scalp as needed and rinse my hair with water as needed. Poo and DC after protective style take downs and that is it.

Dee-Licious You might want to add the Transitioning Without the Big Chop Support Thread to the list. Its still very active.

Last edited:

lolascurls

2 years and one month! Yep, I'm a long-term relationship girlie!

Until I am happy with my natural length...could be 3 years, could be less! I do mainly want the total length of my hair (including ends) to reach tailbone length first!

MsLauren

20 weeks

As loooooong as my hair can go!! :look:

I'm 20 months, 1 week and some change

At least three years, even that may change to longer, lol

As for styles, I pretty much just bun and go, with the occasional twists under a cute beret with some earrings. I've only flat-ironed my hair once in this span of time.

Last edited:

Dee-Licious

How are you ladies styling your hair?

Brittster

I've been doing much better by basically keeping my roots straightened. Either I do a full flatiron job or I at least blowout my hair before styling.

The problem I used to run into during 4 month stretches was tangling and knots... by keeping them pretty much straightened it relives that problem.

I'll probably basically be a straight hair natural with a few curly (twistout/braidout) styles thrown in

Britt

Dee-Licious thanks! yes, straightening the roots makes things so much easier. In that case, would you be a heat trained natural since you're straightening your roots often? I went and got my hair professionally flat ironed and my roots were pin straight! I tried to mimick the same thing at home and it was a fail lol. I can prob blow dry my hair and probably smooth out my new growth some just so things are bit more manageable.

NYDee

Exactly 4 months right now.

Don't know how long it will go for. Depends on the length I get comfortable with.

goodwinmd1

Almost 21 months

I'm in it for the long haul. Trimming every 3 months until I'm all natural, whenever that is

sweetdreams23

4 months going on 5 (or whatever the counter in my siggy says)

I'm thinking 18 months...originally I was gonna shoot for two years, or shoulder length...but now, I think it'll be whenever I'm comfortable to get rid of these relaxed ends....which I think will be at the 18 month-mark.

toyas08

7 months on the 24
18 months or whenever i get tired of these ends

AJellyCake

10 months! :grin:

Probably at least 20 months, although that might change depending on the growth I get. I want to at least be able to bun my hair so that I can survive any bad hair days. Ideally, I would have APL unstretched hair (it's about SL unstretched right now).

CyanRose

Hi ladies, longtime lurker here :wave:

Only eight weeks in. I was six months into my transition last year before the knots and tangles got the best of me. I regretted relaxing right after I washed the cream out.

2. What’s your transition goal?
I plan to transition for about 12 months. I’m currently grazing BSL and I’ll like my natural hair to be at least NL before I BC. My main issue is styling so I’m subscribing to this thread for suggestions and tips.

ChristmasCarol

I've been transitioning for 32 months.

I plan on transitioning until my natural hair is full MBL - probably another 8-12 months, so around 3 1/2 to 4 years.

Last edited:

OhTall1

1. How far into the transition are you? A little over 8 months. Tracker in siggy.
2. What's your transition goal? TBD. I'll keep going until I either feel comfortable with the length of my natural growth, or get tired of dealing with the two textures, whichever comes first.

WriterGirl

Basically a year into transition. Have been stretching my new growth with Curlformers and wearing my hair in updos and messy buns.

Will probably get Sengelese twists for the summer since I willbe traveling a lot.

But so far so good.

Goal is to BC in 2013 or when my hair is SL stretched.

1. I'm somewhere around 6-7 months into my transition... I don't remember the exact date of my last relaxer but I know it was in June or July 2011. I had been wanting to transition to natural hair all last year but decided to do it after the summer because I didn't want to deal with puffy roots and flat ironing my hair everyday due to the humidity. I had a really short pixie cut that only looked good if my hair was straight - it would have look super awkward if I wasn't relaxed!

2. I'm not going to chop off my relaxed ends until at least June 2012, but I might go try to stretch the transition until the end of the year. I don't have a specific hair length goal before I cut - I just want to have enough natural hair to bun!

Minty

7 months this month. I was wearing it straight, and heat training the roots. I'm only doing heat sessions 1x every couple of weeks now since I'm co-washing daily right now. The loosened texture is much easier to keep untangled, but I still have to maintain stretched styles or else it matts pretty badly where the two textures meet.

Did a heavy protein treatment with Aloxxi Polymedic and followed up with Aloxxi Keratin Treatment and that did wonders.

HHG

Binetad

Long term transitioner

I am 6/7 months into my transition.
2. What’s your transition goal?
To get past shoulder length then big chop.

Last edited:

ezina

A little over 8 months (35 weeks)

At least 3 years (156 weeks) or until I reach full BSL/MBL with my natural hair.

Prinncipality

Almost 15 months

Between 16-17 months. I only have a few relaxed inches left but I need to be able to put all my hair into ponytail before I get rid of them.

Last edited: