New *2012* Transitioners Support Thread!

jerseyhaircare

daviine: I usually used it in the morning prior to going to work. Always with clean hair-it seemed to hold the curl better. I would steam the curler for 7-8 seconds then wrap my pre detangled section of hair around it. Once done I would go about getting ready for work-giving it time to dry. Sometimes if I started too late I would blowdry on cool for a few minutes to help dry my hair. It comes out pretty good-esp if I do thin sections.

jerseyhaircare

But presently I have a full sewn in weave. I'm getting married in a few weeks so my SO agreed that it would decrease my morning hair hassle for a bit. I am ashamed to admit how much I missed my weave-I was weaving on and off for two years and its a joy to be reunited with my old friend. However, my attitude this time is different. I'm going to use it as a protective style to help decrease heat and manipulation damage. And unlike the past-I am going to take great care of the hair underneath-esp my edges.

Last edited:

Sade18

NJoy said:
Theresamonet

OMG, Girl!!!! We are SO >>>>here!!!<<<< I came by just to whine, as a matter of fact. I miss my relaxed hair. I don't want a fro. I'm tired of all this shrinkage. My hair has to be toe length for a twist out or braid out to hang at a length that I'd like. And I want swang without having to go thru 50-11 hours of detangling first. Sheesh! Whose idea was this? My hair was thriving relaxed. I can only imagine what my ends look like trying to go natural. I don't even have the patience to flat iron my hair to find out.

Whew! Ok, now that that's outta my system, I just wanna say, I'm ready to start njoy'g my hair and I miss the ease of relaxed hair. I sorta feel too vested to change up now and sort of feel obligated. Blah. Maybe it's just that time of year when I always want something new for my hair. *sigh* I really need someone to braid my hair down while this feeling passes. Otherwise, I have 2 boxes of relaxer in my closet that seem to glow when I pass by. :rolleyes:

Let me go do something to this head to make myself feel better before I talk myself into a touch up.

I think everyone has some form of these feelings at a certain point in there transition. This is the point where we've "hit the wall" so to speak. Once we get past this point, I believe that our transition will be easier.

curlyTisME

I am 31 weeks post today!

Braids have been my transition style since I'm currently studying abroad in Cape Town. I want to transition either 18 months or two years!

Good luck everyone!