New beauty supply store

UmSumayyah

I was out running some errands today, and was about to pass a store called "The Beauty Center" it had a "grand opening" sign outside, so of course I had to go in.

It is similar to a Sallys, but carries no generic products. It doesn't have packs upon packs of hair either. It does carry Redken, Matrix, L'Anza, Paul Mitchell,Tigi and Nexxus, along with some other brands both expensive and reasonably priced. They have what looks like the entire line of Barry Fletcher and Elasta products, as well as a few profectiv, optimum care, fantasia ic stuff. They have Mizani and Avlon, both maintenance and relaxers (though you must be a certified cosm. to purchase those relaxers). They have motions too.
They do not carry Ion, ORS, or the L'Oreal Natures Therapy Products (darn!)
Misc. hair accessories, lots of ceramic flat irons, etc.
Also non hair stuff like makeup, waxing supplies, pedicure/manicure supplies.
In addition they have a mini-salon. I checked out the space and it has 1 shampoo station, 1 cutting chair, and two hooded dryers. The clerk said they are expecting to have stylists in another 2 weeks or so and will provide a full line-up of services.

Anyway, if you are ever in Herndon like I was today, you might want to check it out.

Eclipse

I wish there was something like that in my local area. I have to plan a road trip just to get to the BSS! In essence, I guess it's good so I can't cater to my PJ tendencies.

Allandra

The only store I've seen the L'Oreal Nature's Therapy line is in Sally Beauty Supply. Has anyone seen this line any where else?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I saw Nature's Therapy at some BSS (don't remember the name) while I was in New York. NY ladies, help me out--it was on Fulton Street (wasn't Just For Me), but kind of across from Just For Me and down the street from Mony.

Anyway, also I think ION is exclusively a Sally's brand. Glad this BSS is not in my area! Wouldn't be good for a girl like me who's tryin' to break the habit!

MissB

Some of the smaller independent BSS stores carry some of the Nature's Therapy line in the DC area.

ladylibra_30

[ QUOTE ]
The only store I've seen the L'Oreal Nature's Therapy line is in Sally Beauty Supply. Has anyone seen this line any where else?

[/ QUOTE ]

metro beauty supply carries the loreal products. they are here in miami and they have a site-MetroBeauty.com

MissB

UmSumayyah,

Thanks for the tip on the Beauty Center. I visited today for the very first time and it is a really nice store. I spoke with the clerk and she really likes Barry Fletcher and Keracare products.

Thanks again,

MissB

miss_brown

Yeah, thanks for the info. I've been looking for a legit place that carries L'Anza (now I can finally try this line without paying for shipping/handling
).

Also, FYI, Action Beauty Supply on Route 202 in Landover, MD also carries Mizani and Keracare products. It's a little ghetto, but I still like to support them when I can(they're black-owned
).