New color and bootcamp plans(& paging OnlyErin)

daviine

[ QUOTE ]
Honi said:
Tracy,

Everytime I see your color posts I jump on them. You are the color guru for real though! I can’t wait to see your new T&T pics!!!! One day I’m going to make the plunge and do a semi. I’ll have plenty of questions to ask ya then.

I’m so excited for you!

[/ QUOTE ]

Honi--I totally agree with you! I know almost everyone's hair here is permanently colored but I don;t think my hair is ready for that just yet.

I was inspired by Tracy's post to Levette a few weeks ago and I plan on doing a semipermanent color on my hair in March or April. For me, THAT will be a plunge!!!

I want to do it when the weather warms up just in case it doesn't show up on my hair that well, at least it will show up in the sunlight when I"m not wearing a hat like in the winter. I also wanted to give myself time to prep my hair.

I've been trying a lot of different product combos (mostly with what I have here already) in the interim to see what is the MOST moisturizing for my hair. MOISTURE MOISTURE MOISTURE is key and I want to be prepared in case my hair finds the peroxide in the semipermanent to be drying.

I plan on using the Clairol Natural Instincts Cinnaberry. There are a few other colors that caught my eye but I can't really remember them since I'm not in the store right now (everytime I go to the store I always look at the colors and daydream about that spring day when I take the plunge).

daviine

EDITED TO ADD: (Sorry guys--I just can't stop thinking about the colors!)

Here are some of the colors recommended to me by the Clairol website :

Rosewood Dark Auburn Brown #30(to enhance color)

Burmese Ruby Brilliant True Red #85
Caribbean Mahogany Bright Auburn Brown #86
Egyptian Plum Burgundy Brown #90
Malaysian Cherry Dark Red #94

These colors are from the Exotic Collection and are recommended for changing the color of your hair if you have dark brown to black hair (I'm not really sure what color my ahir is).

Chaya

Re: New color and bootcamp plans(& paging Tracy:)

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
Chaya - with the exception of Jazzing I'd say, you could use most rinses as often as once every 2 or 3 weeks if you wanted to. As long as there's no ammonia and no peroxide in it there's nothing to worry about.
Just make sure you condition your hair well between applications, and particularly jsut before the application....some of them seal the cuticle (a good thing) for a few washes and you want to make sure the hair is well conditioned just in case the conditioner is getting "locked out" in the ensuing washes after an application.

Thanks alot I used a protein (emergencee) conditioner followed by my BELOVED JOICO. I wore the conditioner overnight and the next morning I went to my girl at Costcutters in walmart with my Clairol beautiful in honey brown in - tow and she applied the clairol for me and rollerset/wrap (doobie) my hair. Im not sure what she used in my hair, she told me what it was and silly me I dont remember
My hair was the best it has ever looked. The other lady in the salon touched my hair and couldnt believe how great it felt. I couldnt keep my hands out of it all day. My total was $14.99!!!!! My hair looks the bomb!!!

Im going to have it done this week but she is going to do something called a DEMI- permanent. Not semi- but demi-. Do you know anything about it? Basically its going to turn my hair back to its natural color which is what the honey brown had done.
Sorry I rambled, but thanks for the info!

Tonya

Re: New color and bootcamp plans(& paging Tracy:)

Bumping for my hair buddy....Mermaid.,...I am going to start Boot camp to make sure I do loose any hair this go around. I am trying maintain my thickness.

Msmia

I am planning on lightening my hair in the coming weeks so this thread will definitely come in handy.

Thanks.