New Hair care plan

Dionne

I have collected many posts over the last couple of months and talked to many of my friends with long hair to come up with a basic plan. I don't plan on starting this until January because I don't have the energy to spend on my hair right now because I am trying to recover from a couple of health conditions caused by not eating enough and I think my time and energy is needed there the most. I also am looking for another shampoo and conditioner to alternate with my keracare stuff. But here it goes.

Wash three times a week. Preshampoo treatments with jojoba oil and my own essential oil mixture everytime I wash for 30 mintues to and hour. Condition under a dryer for 30 mintues every wash. Use a protien conditioner every week for 15 mintues and follow with the moisturizing one for 30. Apply leave-in and setting lotion and wrap. Dry under the dryer. Sometimes I will air dry under a silk scarf. Daily moisturizers will be Wild growth oil and pure jojoba oil. To style I will use rollers or flat iron but only 2-3 times a week on low heat.

As far as vitamins I am going to take a multi-vitamin and 3mg of biotin by purtians pride, a total efa complex(when I find a good one), silica by natrol and twinlad amino fuel. I might try to add MSM.

So what do you all think? Your suggestions would be helpful! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sweetcocoa

Sounds good. The pre shampoo you might want to keep to 30 minutes...to cut back on the amount of time you will be spending. Also I find wetting my hair before I apply the oils helps them penetrate. Your plan sounds like it should work well for you.

G

Sounds like a very extensive plan!!! Hope it doesn't tire you out, girl! If I were you, I'd stay away from those flat irons & curling irons, even if they are on low setting, my feeling is 2 or 3x a week is too much. I hate them, so even once a week is too much in my opinion /images/graemlins/frown.gif

tc_333

Hey Dionne, sounds pretty good! I would just think carefully about the 3 washes per week if your weather is anything like mine -- it's going to be freezing here at that time, so I won't be doing more than twice a week. Otherwise, it sounds like a great plan!!!

T
(ps, l'm hoping you meant flat-ironing 2-3 times per "month" -- as in alternating with different styling techniques; if not, please reconsider.)

kasey

Thumbs up for your daily moisturizers.

This week I have been using a mixture of WGO and jojoba on my hair and I like it. It is not heavy and it really penetrates the hair and scalp. I have put it on before and after showering and am trying to figure out which gives the best results.

Thanks for posting your plan.

Eyvonne7131

Hi Dionne, first thank you for sharing your regimen idea with us! I think yours sounds fine but I agree, I would cut the washing to 2 times a week at the most. Good Luck and keep us posted of your progress overall.
Take care of yourself! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dionne

Thanks everyone for your comments and support
I have been looking for products to use and I think my lines will be Elucence and keracare. I have also been looking into the biosilk stuff and I might try some of that stuff too. I am also going to try the goldwell kerasilk leave-in spray and joico integrity(sp?) spray. Thats it for now (I think). Thanks again.