New Hairbuddy Hookup List-- Place your Ads Here

msniq

I want a buddy who is transitioning like me. My natural texture is thick but soft probably 3c or 4a. Right now I am relaxed and I am really going to need the support to transiton. I am in NJ. my hair grows the longest it has been is past my bra stap the shortest has been like Halle. anywho....currently I am growing out a bob, pat my chin but not to my shoulders. I looked at pictues of me when I was younger and was like WTHeck was I thinking> So if there is anyone that is either going through what I am or has gone through and wants to give me all the support I need let me know. Last relaxer was 17 July 04 affirm no lye sensitive scalp and I think I was under processed.

Victorian

old head
Re: New Hairbuddy Hookup List-- Place your Ads Her

I hope I'm not too late. There must be somebody like me who still needs a buddy...
I'm BlackCardinal. I might be transitioning, but I'm at least extending my relaxer. I have 4a hair, I believe, and my last relaxer was approx. 10 months ago. My hair is armpit length (I just trimmed it yesterday so it may be just shy of armpit length now). My hair is fine and somewhat thin (although it looks thicker now because of my newgrowth--you know, kinda poofy)

I don't really know what I want. I'm sort of lost right now. I need a good regimen I can stick to. My greatest challenge is styling. I can't style my hair worth crap, especially while I've got all this newgrowth.
I need to spend the rest of the summer defining my regimen and planning for when I start school in september. The simpler the better cuz I don't have hours to spend on my hair while I'm at school like I do when I'm at home chillin'.
Somebody help me...

26INCHHAIR

Hi
I would love a hair buddy, im tall so it seems like my hair has no progress but im glad to say that in about a year, my hair has grown 6 inches
I have 3c/4a hair relaxed
I usually go 4 months post relaxer
I am now 20 inches from hairline to ends and want 6 more inches until my brastrap goal......

Im 17, student, and a christian

Course24

Re: Need Hair Buddy

Hair Type: 4B relaxed (last one on 8/28 mizani mild) 1st lye relaxer
was damaged, just started healthy hair regimen in July breakage has halted and hair is in better shape.
Hair Length: 2" past shoulder in rear, but shoulder on sides.
Hair is 90% of time in a scrunchie bun.
Wash/cond 1x week with heat cap. Flat iron/blow dry 1x week. Hair is frizzy when blowdryed or airdried but soft.
Looking for buddy to help with hairstyling for this hair type and exchanges product stories and regimens. Just PM me if we sound hair compatible. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop

OOOOOH this is a good post, I want a hair buddy tool.

I don't know if I classify as a newbie, I think still do, August is that far away.

Anyway onto the info:

Hair type: 3C,4A
Condition: Natural
Hair Length: A lil past my shoulder in back, just brushing in on the sides
Style: Pressed at this moment but usually in two-strand twists.
Regimen: Wash 1x week, usually slap some shea butter in it and keep truckin' /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Me: I'm a silly 17 yr.old, loves to talk and of course share hair tips

PM ME PLEASE /images/graemlins/grin.gif to share the love /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

laketta

I already have a hair buddy but I do not mind collecting more hairbuddies. You can never have too many hair buddies pm me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

InsertCleverNameHere

I hope I can get me a hair buddy!

Stats:
Type-3b/c with 2 inch tuft of 4a smack in the front of my head, natural
Length-Approx. 1 inch from brastrap as of 11.24.04
Style- Cornrowed under wigs
Regimen- Wash when I can (every 2-4 weeks), condition, put some cocoa butter lotion in it, braid and back under the wig it goes.

Pick me! Pick me!

/images/graemlins/wave.gif Hey hair buddy are you out there????? /images/graemlins/wave.gif

My hair type: 4 a/b relaxed (no-lye), 3 months post relaxer.

Current hair status: Less than an inch from my bra-strap. My last relaxer was in August and I'm doing my best to no get another one for a year.

Current style: Individual box braids

Current products: Pantene shampoos and conditioners, surge and various oils. I also take biotin and GNC's NourishHair.

My buddy: I'm looking for someone thats close to their bra-strap with a goal of wanting waist-length hair.

There....that's not too specific /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

DatJerseyDyme

I met a great hairbuddy through this (Hey you!) We have a lot in common--both hairstuff and outside of hairstuff! If anyone else wants to be hairbuddies, feel free to PM me.

candibaby

[ QUOTE ]
laketta said:
I already have a hair buddy but I do not mind collecting more hairbuddies. You can never have too many hair buddies pm me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA! that goes double for me.

Hey DJD!

Shawnee66

I would love to have a hair buddy too!!!!

My hair texture is a 4a. I relax 8 weeks but this will be my second attempt at waiting 10 weeks or maybe 12 weeks since I found Paul Mitchell Instant Moisture. My hair is about 2 inches past my shoulder when wet, when dry the length varies.

I'm still trying to work out a routine.

PM me if interested.

MissMarie23

I've always wanted a hair buddy /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

-My hair type is 3c/4a (4a in the front, 3c everywhere else)
-I recently switched back to no-lye relaxers (after using lye for 5+ months) and I relax every 10-15 weeks.
-My current length is about 2 inches past my shoulders, and my primary goal is brastrap by the end of 2005
-I'm working on heat elimination, and I've been successful for almost 2 months.
-I wear a protective style (bun) daily, and I wash (or CO wash) 2-4 times a week

Outside of hair stuff, I'm a senior psychology/chemistry major at Michigan State University, and I work as a preschool teacher. I also volunteer as a crisis/sexual assault counselor.

Anyone want to be my buddy? /images/graemlins/blush.gif

lilred26

Poetess232 I would like to be your buddy. I think we share some of the same goals and our hair type is similar. My hair type is 3b/c and is shoulder length. My goal is 1.bra strap lenght 2.thick and healthy hair 3.stop my hair from shedding alot. I wash my hair 1-2x a week. For the moment I am a PJ until I find my product staple that suits my very dry color treated hair. My styles are roller sets or a bun. You can PM me and let me know if you want to be my buddy. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tai

I have a hair buddy but I'm always game for more. You can never have too many hair buddies. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Deniece

Natural Beauty
I am a newbie too /images/graemlins/look.gif.....I want a hairbuddy
I am a 4 a/b (I don't know) natural....been natural forever too, but would love a hairbuddy....

Trinigirl9

I'm a semi newbie...I want a hairbuddy too!

-hair type 4a/4b
-relaxed
-hair is currently neck length
i wash once a week and currently wearing buns

PM me if interested.

EssentialGrowth

I would also love to have a hair buddy! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Info:
4a relaxed hair
1-2 inches from bra strap
Usually relax every 8 to 10 weeks with lye relaxer. I am pushing for 12 weeks this time
Products that I love: Nexxus products, Salerm, ORS Carrot Oil, Parachute CO, Dabur Amla Oil, Ayurvedic Recipe Shampoos and Conditioners, and QP Mango Butter /images/graemlins/clap.gif
On the NO HEAT CHALLENGE and BUN CHALLENGE
Usually wear protective styles 98% of the time.
I am a big fan of air drying! /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Hair goals: Bra Strap by the end of next month (12/04) and ultimately waist length by 12/06, but I am pushing for 12/05 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Personal info: Currently a junior at a private liberal arts college in the North East majoring in History and Religious Studies, and an aspiring attorney. Trinidadian by birth, and I live NYC. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Is my hair buddy out there? /images/graemlins/wave.gif

misspriss

Re: New Hairbuddy Hookup List-- Place your Ads Her

Hi!!! My hair's 4a in the front and middle and 3c in the back. It's brastrap now but I'm gradually cutting off my relaxer (my last relaxer was Feb.) I'm looking for anyone who's transitioning for mutual support or anyone who's dealing with major texture changes in general. I'm on struggle sometimes, especially when it comes to parting with length!

BlackCardinal, I'm pming you immediately. I'm at Stanford too, go figure! /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

hairlover

any 3b-4b who will have me? natural my hair is 3b/c, relaxed(presently), my hair is 4a/b. it is currently 22 1/2 inches long(wet), and my goal is waistlength. i'm also a pj. most of my info is below. i don't have any pics yet, but i'm working on it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif