New Hairbuddy Hookup List-- Place your Ads Here

good2uuuu

Hi guys! I'm fairly new. The hair buddy thing is a good idea. Here are my stats: 3c natural who colors hair http://public.fotki.com/good2uuuu. Last relaxer was 9 years ago. I have at least a foot of hair. My goals are to have strong , healthy, longer hair. I like using natural products but mainly use Daily Defense Tender Apple conditioner or Suave Milk&Honey to conditioner wash and condition with daily. I use unrefined shea butter and other oils also. Hit me up if interested!

Haha! Stats...., Hit me up.... I feel so cheap!!!

flyjump00

[ QUOTE ]
pink_flower said:
[ QUOTE ]
flyjump00 said:
Pink-
I think we have similar hair too. Type 3 something.

[/ QUOTE ]

YEA! we can be buddies!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ayeshia

Ummm okay I can try this:

Hi my name is Ayeshia and I like hot guys, and I love to eat tons of salad! My hair type is natural, cottony 3b texture ( frizzy w/ thick spiral corkscrew curls) And i am looking to grow my hair as long as possible! Hit me up if you're interested

Super_Hero_Girl

[ QUOTE ]
ChocoKitty said:
Fine haired 3a/3b natural for over 10 years ISO of Hairbuddy or buddies to talk about hair, life or whatever.
Current goal: 2-3 inches past bra. Longterm goal waist length. Routine currently consists of: Multiple weekly washings and/or COs.

Buddie(s) with similar goals, length, texture and etc not important but desirable.

[/ QUOTE ]

OOOO, do you have a hair buddy yet? Our hair types are similar and I have only been natural for a year and some months. I'm so excited pm me and let me know.

jainygirl

[ QUOTE ]
skegeesmb said:
Because of this board, I found a buddy yay!

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats Skeegee

I hope everyone else has good luck hooking up with a buddy also

Babygurl

Ive done this before but Ive done a terrible job of keeping up with my hair buddy. I could always use a hair buddy, someone with similar hair.

Hair Type: 4a/b relaxed
Hair goals: bra-strap length hair
Current length: about 3 inches from bra strap
Regimine: wash very 3 days, deep condition, wear buns most of the time, airdry 100% of the time
Weaknesses: prone to breakge in crown (havent had that problem lately)

Other: coming up on my one year healthy hair challenge!!!

Feel free to send me a PM or leave a message here if anyone is interested in a hair buddy with similar hair/problems/etc.!!

babyblue

might as well hop on the bandwagon

If any naturals or transitioners want to be my hair buddy just pm me. im 4a/b natural trying to grow waist lenght hair. i have an album link below.

NaturalRox

Hi ladies, I'm a bit late but here I am!

I am newly natural (almost 3 months) and I also have thick, soft, curly/coily hair. My hair is growing pretty quickly now (yay!) and all I want is a hair buddy that shares my goal of growing strong, healthy hair. I've learned a lot so far on my hair journey but I have much more to learn!

Please PM me if you're interested. My album and password link are below, thanks!

SingingStar12

Hair type: 4 a/b
Texture: Relaxed with a no-lye kiddie perm
Hair status: My hair is really dry… It just soaks up the moisture. It is very prone to breakage. My hair length is between my shoulders almost to my bra strap. I’m growing out the layers.
Goal: Right now, I'm just trying to repair my hair back to a healthy state. My next hair length goal is to reach my bra clasp.
Current daily regimen: massage for 10-20 min., spray my hair with water mixed with V05 conditioner, apply ors carrot oil or olive oil, air dry in a bun or wear my hair down
Current Weekly Regimen: shampoo with Neutrogena triple moisture, condition with ntm, deep-condition with ntm hair mask, apply ntm serum, apply sulfur 8 to my scalp… I’m thinking about washing my hair every 5 days and see if it helps with my moisture problem.

Chaya

[ QUOTE ]
pink_flower said:
Is everyone taken?

I would like a hair buddy too!

Hair type: Relaxed 3c/4a
Length: Almost bra strap

Im not too picky, just looking for someone to talk about hair junk, life or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pink_Flower,
Oh wow! When I saw your pictures, I thought "HAIR TWIN FOR REAL" MY hair behaves the same way and waves up. I roller set and wrap and It is thick, but fine, kinda like how your texture appears in your pictures! If youre not already taken I think we could be great hair buddies!

NGC

Okay - my stats, hmmm I'm too tired from this past week to type a lot for now.

My hair is similar to good2uuuu, kha, and babyblue.

Feel free to pm if ya want to be a hairbuddy.

Chaya

[ QUOTE ]
pink_flower said:
[ QUOTE ]
flyjump00 said:
Pink-
I think we have similar hair too. Type 3 something.

[/ QUOTE ]

YEA! we can be buddies!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops looks like I spoke too soon!

Well here's my stats:
Hair type: 3c/4a
Texture: Relaxed with Mizani mild ( touch up every 8-10 weeks)
Hair status: Pretty good shape and healthy! I shampoo my hair with Redken or Deep Briliance products once/twice per week. I follow with a deep condition with Redken Smooth down, AO GBP, Dumb blonde reconstructor, Deep Brilliance products, Lanza moisture treatment or Joico Intensive moisture treatment. I use a protein conditioner 1-2x/month and clarify 1-2 X month. I do a cellophane treatment once a month as well. I get invisible trims every 8-10 weeks.

I rollerset my hair weekly, wrap my hair with a silk scarf and sleep on a satin pillow case.
My hair is about 6-7" past my shoulders or about 3" from my bra strap.

Goal: Ive just achieved a big accomplishment by making it on a professional NBA dance team and I have to use hair spray and heat products on my hair to achieve the glamourous look at least 2-3x/week. I am looking for ways to keep my hair in great shape without having to sacrafice the glamourous look that will last through a games worth of performances. I also want my hair to remain healthy and keep on growing like it is.

Me: Friendly, helpful and a go getter. I am a PJ who loves trying new products

My buddy: I would prefer someone with hair similar to mine but it does not have to be excact. Preferrably 3b-4b and relaxed or texturized. I am not a huge fan of everyday/all day protective styles. I do on occasion, but I dont have a FOREVER BUN/BRAID or anything. On occasion I might put it into a loose french roll that I can easily take down.

Thanks!

SilkyandSmooth

I might as well since everyone else is doing it.

I'm not sure of my hair type, but my hair is curly/wavy in its natural state. It's pretty soft too. I'm currently transitioning so my goal is to have a full head of healthy natural hair. I guess that's about it.

Non-hair related stuff:
I love music, shopping, sports (Go Yankees!
) and reading.

Shatani

Re: New Hairbuddy Hookup List-- Place your Ads Her

hi, im a newbie and i'd love to have a hairbuddy (although, with this being my first day and all, im not quite sure what a hairbuddy is
)

i have 4a/b type hair....my last relaxer was in 2001 and ive mostly been just wearing extensions, getting the occasion press and going natural...i have no particular style or cut, and my goal is bra strap length healthy natural chemical-free hair....oh, and i would LOVE for it to all be one length!

i dont have a digicam right now, so i dont have a hair album....i would like a buddy who also has natural 4a/b hair to share all the good styling secrets!!

oh yeah, my name is tanisha...
~T~

Mochalolita

Hey Chaya
We sound like our hairtypes are pretty similar...sorry I don't have pics, though...my rotations for school have sucked up all of my time and I haven't had a chance to make a page
Do you have a hair buddy yet?

Crys

MrsQueeny

Hi ladies I am a natural 4a/b. It will be 3 years in nov. I have about 9 inches. I currently co wash twice a week and wash and condition one day. I wear braidouts and extenstions off and on. I am just starting surge and am a serious product junky. My first goal is bra strap and eventually waist length. Thanks Queneesha

Shatani

[ QUOTE ]
queeny20 said:
Hi ladies I am a natural 4a/b. It will be 3 years in nov. I have about 9 inches. I currently co wash twice a week and wash and condition one day. I wear braidouts and extenstions off and on. I am just starting surge and am a serious product junky. My first goal is bra strap and eventually waist length. Thanks Queneesha

[/ QUOTE ]hey queneesha!!! its like youre livin my life!!! im coming up on 3 years in dec and we're about the same length and natural!!! wanna be my buddy???
~T~

TigerLily

Hello, hello!! I'm a natural 4a/4b (I think
) and I am a MAJOR PJ! (look out Supergirl!
). I am a hair NUT!! I'm currently in tree braids and I'm using Surge and Capilong. I did the BC at the beg. of May and my hair has grown 2 inches since then! I wash, condition and deep condition my hair every week and do a protein treatment at least once a month. I absolutely SUCK at taking vitamins!

Anybody wanna be my hair buddy? Hmmmm, anybody?

zora

Hi,

I live in Bmore, Maryland and am looking for a hairbuddy to go to a salon with at least once a month (preferably a dominican salon but am open to other salons as long as they promote healthy hair)

My hair is 4a, and texturized. When straight, it slightly above my shoulders. My hair goal is healthy, shoulder blade length hair.

My hairbuddy can have any hair type as long as they're into rollersets and committed to healthy hair.

oglorious1

Mixologist

Here it goes
Hairtype: 4A/B - Natural
In braids or twists 95% of the time
I'm into mixing products, a little of this in a little of that
Hair can be dry sometimes, but looking for ways to keep it moisturized. I'm a little bit of a PJ, but not as bad as some others, I'm usually enticed to try some new products, but I'm trying to stick with what works for my hair...I can't think of anything else...I'll be ecstatic when my hair reaches bra strap( I really don't want waist length hair)....That's all I can think of right now...

pringe

Let me post again. I posted before but it was very brief. I would like a hair twin.

My hair is natural for 2 1/2 years and I'm 4a/b. Not exactly sure how long my hair is.

I do mostly twists, braids and some puffs. I wash every week or more, I just began the Surge challenge on Sunday and my hair has been twisted for 2 weeks already.

Um, I do a modified no poo with Pantene for now, before that it was Aura's Cherry almond bark, which is really good.

That's about it I think! My goal is really simple. Right now my hair is in different lengths in different places the longest being above my collarbone in the back. I would like to have a fluffy layered bob with the front of my hair reaching my chin entirely, then eventually pass that.

pringe

oglorious1
Hey girl, we sound alike, especially the bit about the a slight PJ, lol.

Wanna be hair buddies?? I'll PM you

WesternEyes

Hi, everyone...I live in the Atlanta area. I have 3a/3b type hair. Normal wear is usually curly/wash-n-go. I love silicones. I am a recent PJ. I just decided to go natural. My goal is to get my hair healthy and split-end free. The length I would like to achieve is about 17-18 inches, slightly below shoulders. Anyone who is interested in teaming up, PM me. Thanx....

DisOui33

Ohio Girl
Hi, I'm a newbie and I need a hair buddy, so if anyone is interested, PM me, I can take all the help i can get!!
My hair type is 4a/b
right now it's in transitioning from a relaxer to natural.
when it is straitened, it is about shoulder length in the back and chin length on the sides (it grows unevenly
)

I'm thinking about getting a texturizer so i can have defined curls. So...If anyone can help me out, i'd appreciate it!

Al`e

diamondlady

I would absolutely love a hair buddy. Then, I wouldn't have go around bothering everybody with PMs.

My buddy would have to be someone who would be willing to have a sympathic ear for all the hair drama I go through.

It seems like this last year, starting in December of 2003, it's been one fiasco after the another.

My hair type is 4a/b, I'm relaxed but keep toying with the idea of transition, I have about 4 inches to go in order to reach my hair goal.

Personally, I'm an older lady, professional, married and christian.