New Kid on the Block trying to learn the lingo...

LeXay.

well, hello.. I'm here because I want to learn, while I'm still young and able to take care of my hair, how to do just that... I found my way to this site because a friend of mine is transitioning. I almost went natural last nummer, but I chickened out, but I'm rethinking it now, and I'm seriously considering it, but I need help.

I'm just trying to get my footing on this site with the lingo and what not.. I have NO idea what hair type I am, and what the initials MBL and ADL and what not mean... SOMEONE HELP!! [please? :sad:]

much appreciated <3

LeXay.

:wave:Welcome! If you're trying to get a general idea of the acronyms and stuff used, there is a sticky on the top of the page called Favorite Stickies. There's a link there to common LHCF acronyms. Lemme get the link for you. BRB

ETA: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=20774
HTH (hope this helps)!

oooo, many thanks. I was completely lost when it came to the acronyms.
now just to get a hang of my hair! lol. it's already thick & full... I had to cut it last summer because of bad braids:sad: but we're on our way back! now I'm interested in the natural thing, but we shall see!

winnettag

Welcome aboard!
Whether you decide to go natural or not, you'll find all the info you'll ever need somewhere on this site.

MA2010

:welcome:

Glad to have you here!!! I pray your journey is full of long, healthy, flowing hair!!!!!

lilsparkle825

hello :trampolin

like previously stated...whether you transition or not there is plenty of inspiration to be found. have fun, and try not to go into overload mode...it's pretty easy to do!!!

LeXay.

hello :trampolin

like previously stated...whether you transition or not there is plenty of inspiration to be found. have fun, and try not to go into overload mode...it's pretty easy to do!!!

haha, I think I've already had a bit of an overload, but it's okay. I've already shared some of the things I've read on here with my mother & sister, and it might help them with their haircare as well. :yawn: