New -- LUSH R&B hair moisturizer, anyone try?

robot.

I was browsing a beauty blog when I stumbled upon this:

:lick:

It looks yummy! And the ingredients sound fabulous too: oat milk, avocado butter (my fave!), coconut oil, capuacu butter, etc. etc.

For those of you wondering, it does contain glycerin pretty high up on the ingredients list.

I'm in braids now, but this seems like it would make a great summer time moisturizer! I'm on a personal no-buy challenge, but I might have to give myself a pass. :look:

I wonder what it smells like?

It's $18 for 3.5 ounces, but Lush usually gives out generous samples if you ask.

Last edited:

sillygirl82

They gave me a free sample of it when it first came out. It moisturized well, but I couldn't get used to the strong smell.

An_gell

Some one listed this as a miss over on the NC forum. I forgot what they said they didn't like about it, but its under the 4a or 4b section. HTH

EllePixie

Not sure if you are talking about a different post but on NC it was listed as a hit:

Hit:

Lush R&B Moisturizer. I used this as a sealer on my ends. Melted right in. Very nice.

robot.

I know a lot of Lush scents are hit or miss... they can be a bit strong. Lush's prices are a little steep too, considering what you can buy online. I figure trying a sample won't hurt. Although that's how they got me with their Cynthia Stout/Beer shampoo. I haven't bought the full size yet, since I don't shampoo often, but it's been on my wishlist!

melissa-bee

I got a few tasters from Lush a few months ago and got recommended that moisturizer from an old poster but when I saw glycerin was like second on the list I was really impressed considering it was supposed to be a "natural" product. When I tried it I just wasn't impressed, it reminded me of the average moisturizer, no need to pay all that money for it. I didn't like any of the tasters i got. Lush products are a thumbs down for me as far as haircare goes.

so1913

I had a gift card to Lush and purchased this. It's "nice"...fragrance is a little strong. I will use it, not sure if I'm blown away enough by it to purchase again once used up.

bronzebomb

I actually like the fragrance, but you would have to like Jasmine and Orange. I'm in mini-twists right now and my ends were frizzy. I used a dollop, mostly on the ends. My ends curled up and are very very soft. The smell is strong and it lasts all day long. But in the last few days a couple of guys asked me what am I wearing...they love it too! I don't wear a perfume...check it out for yourself.

It's pricey. But you are worth it, right?

EllePixie

I actually like the fragrance, but you would have to like Jasmine and Orange. I'm in mini-twists right now and my ends were frizzy. I used a dollop, mostly on the ends. My ends curled up and are very very soft. The smell is strong and it lasts all day long. But in the last few days a couple of guys asked me what am I wearing...they love it too! I don't wear a perfume...check it out for yourself.

It's pricey. But you are worth it, right?

LOL this reminds me of the Loreal commercials..."Because we're worth it.":lol:

outspokenwallflower

I've had it for awhile now but just started using it last week; this morning I used it for the second time and I actually really like it. I'm relaxed and I use the tiniest bit on my ends and a teeny tiny bit to run through the length of my hair when I'm wearing it curly (last week was curlformers, this week, loose curls from a rollerset) and it adds shine and moisture. Yes, the smell is pretty strong, but I like it; smells a bit coconutty to me.

BrownBetty

I got a sample, I wasn't impressed. It didn't do much for my hair. I love lush but this was a miss. I am relaxed.

Satya_R

Aside from the - um - interesting smell accompanied by the occasional itch lol, R&B worked pretty well for me. It's really good as a moisturizer on dry hair as a refresher, I'd reccomend it for little girls' braid and twist styles - I gave it to my aunt to use on her daughters' hair and she loves it ( as well as the smell for some reason - but she's preggers sooo..). It did not work on my wet hair and does not define my curl, so I wasn't a superfan. But, if you don't mind the scent and arent looking for curl def., or to use it on your wet hair...it's well worth the price. Especially if you order from Lush UK which - including S&H - is surprisingly all around cheaper than even buying in-store here.

nimmy

It did nothing for me, but not many products do.
I find their gel more moisturising, kind of the mods I think it's called. The smell though...way too strong.

ToyToy

Lush is not much more natural than The Body Shop. With their strong fragrances, out-of-shape soap bars, black plastic jars with use-by dates which, aside of the fresh masks, are not much more different from that of other commercial products (usually about a year or so, which is the same for your regular L'Oreal moisturiser) and their "handmade cosmetics" slogans, they like to make people believe that their products are all natural, organic and what-not. Almost all of their soap bars and shampoos have SLS in them, most of their products have parabens, and other chemicals. Not much more different than other commercial products. The difference is that their ingredients list is in English (at least for the most part) and people can understand most of it.
I have tried many of their products (including hair products). Some of them are quite good. Others, not so much. But I do get tired of people thinking they are a natural company, when in fact they aren't.
I have also found Lush to be cheapest in the UK (it is a UK-company). I was surprised beyond belief when I saw how pricey Lush is in Vienna. I presume this is the same for the US and other countries.

Oh sorry - I haven't tried the hair moisturiser :blush:.

Last edited:

snookes

I was browsing a beauty blog when I stumbled upon this:

:lick:

It looks yummy! And the ingredients sound fabulous too: oat milk, avocado butter (my fave!), coconut oil, capuacu butter, etc. etc.

For those of you wondering, it does contain glycerin pretty high up on the ingredients list.

I'm in braids now, but this seems like it would make a great summer time moisturizer! I'm on a personal no-buy challenge, but I might have to give myself a pass. :look:

I wonder what it smells like?

It's $18 for 3.5 ounces, but Lush usually gives out generous samples if you ask.
It's the Bomb.com