I just wanted to say hi and that i was new to the group. I hope to get to know everybody.Heres alittle bit about my hair, well i press it, and i wanted to get tips on how to keep it healthy and keep the length on it. Well i guess thats it for now. I hope to get to become friends with everybody.
later

L.A. Woman

Welcome! You're in the right place for good advice.

I went to www.pressinghair.com for tips when I began pressing my hair. The best advice they give when they break down the process step-by-step is how to test the temperature of the comb. I test by cloths. To keep your length remember to test. Because if you think about it, if you're pressing your hair starting at the roots with a comb that's overheated, you'll burn out the entire length of your hair.

Be careful and remember to condition...

Elyse

Welcome!!! I think that you'll like it here. We have a great knowledge base /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

nita4

Welcome CalBeauty. Your not to far from me, I'm in Sacto. This board is wonderful for information. Happy Hair Growing!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Armyqt

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing more posts from you! How long have u been natural? What is your current length and what is your overall hair goal? What products do you use?

Mahalialee4

Come on in, the water's fine! You will really enjoy surfing this board. (smile)...Ladies are most helpful here. Bonjour.

BlkMane

Hi, CaliforniaBeauty!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Welcome to the board!

One tip from my natural days: I don't know if you have tried this, but I could get my hair looking "relaxer-straight" by using a regular old CURLING IRON on my hair. I would wash my hair, let it dry overnight (in braids). Then undo each braid and run the curling iron down it from roots to tips. Made my hair bone straight, and it would last at least a week or more in the winter. (Summer was another thang!) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think it MIGHT be a little less harsh on hair then a hot comb. Some people also do the same thing with a flat iron.

hairfanatic

Hi CaliforniaBeauty,

Welcome! You are going to love it here. The best thing I have ever done for my natural hair is stop using the pressing comb and use a teflon curling iron...No split ends and my hair comes out shiny and straigher than ever.

Tea

Welcome aboard. /images/graemlins/smile.gif There are a great bunch of women here. Very knowledgeable.