Question "New Posts" Formatting Issue

kandake

I hope this hasn't been addressed already.

At any rate, when I click on "New Posts", I noticed that the title of thread is cut off as well as the section that lists the date, time and person who last responded to the thread.

Is this an issue with my computer settings or is it a forum issue? If its the latter, when will it be fixed?

Thanks a bunch.

joy2day

To add to this issue, for some reason, a post that I replied to two days ago is showing up as a "New Post" today. I noticed the same thing last night. It is just weird that the posts are showing up as a new post from me, for today, and that is not right. I'm thinking, dang, did someone jack my profile?! :)

Anyhoo, hopefully it will be resolved.

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Can you post a screenshot? I can see the titles being a bit short but that is normal (it is how it is supposed to be).

Now you can hover on top of every title and see the summary of that post... Does that help?

Keen

To add to this issue, for some reason, a post that I replied to two days ago is showing up as a "New Post" today. I noticed the same thing last night. It is just weird that the posts are showing up as a new post from me, for today, and that is not right. I'm thinking, dang, did someone jack my profile?! :)

Anyhoo, hopefully it will be resolved.

I think "new post" shows all post starting with the newest, regardless of who posted in it. It just takes all posts from all forums and sort them. So if somebody replied to the post very recently, it would be listed.

But, regarding what OP posted, I noticed that also. I just learned to live with the cut off titles.

kandake

Can you post a screenshot? I can see the titles being a bit short but that is normal (it is how it is supposed to be).

Now you can hover on top of every title and see the summary of that post... Does that help?

Hi Nikos.

Yes, the titles are short, but I don't remember them being that way before the upgrade. Also, I use the hovering feature quite often. That helps but I still would like to see the entire title without having to enter the thread.

Also notice the third column. The time is cut off. And for some threads the double errors that allow you to go the last post is also cut off. Sometimes the name of the last poster cuts off too.

If I go to a particular forum, ie. (OT, Politics etc.) I don't have a problem with information being cut off. It only happens when I'm viewing the forum under "new posts"

ETA: I noticed that its difficult to read the attached screenshot. I'll re-post when I get home from work.

Attachments

• untitled3.jpg
    untitled3.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: