New Product Alert - Hair Dryer

icsonia22

Is anyone else strongly leaning towards becoming a blow dried natural? Even though the regular use of Shea butter has reduced my single strand knots 98%, I'm sick of looking like celie all the time. I always wear my hair in single braids with my natural hair. My s curl moisturizer is everything but it makes my hair shrink up so that a braid out or twist out lasts an hour at the most. I want to wear my hair out some without having a detangling nightmare on my hands on wash day. I never would have considered this before the revair due to the small broken hairs and extreme dryness my silver bird blow dryer left me with. Since revair eliminates those problems, I'm thinking I could use it to regularly keep my hair stretched. What do you guys think?

Nini90012

Is anyone else strongly leaning towards becoming a blow dried natural? Even though the regular use of Shea butter has reduced my single strand knots 98%, I'm sick of looking like celie all the time. I always wear my hair in single braids with my natural hair. My s curl moisturizer is everything but it makes my hair shrink up so that a braid out or twist out lasts an hour at the most. I want to wear my hair out some without having a detangling nightmare on my hands on wash day. I never would have considered this before the revair due to the small broken hairs and extreme dryness my silver bird blow dryer left me with. Since revair eliminates those problems, I'm thinking I could use it to regularly keep my hair stretched. What do you guys think?

Yaaassss :bdance:

Karmi

I am. I just bought the dryer, hoping I get it later this week. I am sick of the single strand knots I get from wash n go's. I can't stand twist outs, they don't last past a day on my hair and cause too much mechanical damage. I was considering going back to relaxers but that's my absolute last resort.

I want to wear my hair straight and keep my ends stretched. I'm coming up with a whole new regimen to keep my hair healthy. I want to enjoy my BSL hair and grow it back to MBL like when I was relaxed. I just have to put in the effort to keep it healthy.

fluffyforever

I am thinking about it. I want to only do my hair once per week for a low manipulation challenge. 4 French braids would be easier to do and would last a week if I used the Revair first.

I still haven't used the Revair on my entire head yet so I don't know how my plan would work out.

LiLi

I definitely am. I have been blow drying regularly since I got the dryer. I use it on my crown once/twice a week and the braided section in the back once/month just to dry the braids quick. I am going to try this for six months and see how my hair is after. If my hair is still flourishing, I will probably no longer need to keep the back section braided.

I am going to make sure to take pics each time I use it to be sure I am able to identify any issues right away. I figure six months will give me enough time to notice any type of damage.

icsonia22

I definitely am. I have been blow drying regularly since I got the dryer. I use it on my crown once/twice a week and the braided section in the back once/month just to dry the braids quick. I am going to try this for six months and see how my hair is after. If my hair is still flourishing, I will probably no longer need to keep the back section braided.

I am going to make sure to take pics each time I use it to be sure I am able to identify any issues right away. I figure six months will give me enough time to notice any type of damage.

Please please please make a blow dried natural/ relax hair support thread so we can all chronicle our progress together. :biggrin::bouncy:

Kookookiwi

IT WORKS!!!

Thanks for all the tips on the attachment. Popped the triangle thingy out and in and voila! My hair is soft, moisturized and I had NO issues with tangles. I’m so excited right now.

It is extremely loud and I’m in a condo so I know my neighbors hate me :look:. I went in the bedroom and closed my door.

Last edited:

icsonia22

IT WORKS!!!

Thanks for all the tips on the attachment. Popped the triangle thingy out and in and voila! My hair is soft, moisturized and I had NO issues with tangles. I’m so excited right now.

It is extremely loud and I’m in a condo so I know my neighbors hate me :look:. I went in the bedroom and closed my door.
My neighbors probably hate me too lol. What products did you use?

Kookookiwi

My neighbors probably hate me too lol. What products did you use?

I vacuumed today and I definitely think the RevAir is louder lol!!

I washed and deep conditioned as normal with Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Shampoo and Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner. Then I rinsed and applied my Mane Choice 3-in-1 Leave-in.

I haven’t straightened my hair in so long that I haven’t bought a heat protectant in at least 4 years. I did use Generic Value Products Silk Remedy (generic Chi Silk Infusion). My hair feels moisturized and amazing so I’ll definitely be using this in the future. I do need to find a moisturizer that won’t revert my hair too much for those days I’m not in twists.

Overall I’m loving the results and my hair is wonderfully stretched and detangled. Flat twisting is a breeeeze, and the work week is going to be so much easier as a result. I’m trying to figure out a way to safely work this into my regular regimen.

Last edited:

LiLi

I vacuumed today and I definitely think the RevAir is louder lol!!

I washed and deep conditioned as normal with Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Shampoo and Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner. Then I rinsed and applied my Mane Choice 3-in-1 Leave-in.

I haven’t straightened my hair in so long that I haven’t bought a heat protectant in at least 4 years. I did use Generic Value Products Silk Remedy (generic Chi Silk Infusion). My hair feels moisturized and amazing so I’ll definitely be using this in the future. I do need to find a moisturizer that won’t revert my hair too much for those days I’m not in twists.

Overall I’m loving the results and my hair is wonderfully stretched and detangled. Flat twisting is a breeeeze, and the work week is going to be so much easier as a result. I’m trying to figure out a way to safely work this into my regular regimen.
I am glad the RevAir worked for you!!! I loooove that Shea Moisture Conditioner. I am going to look into that Mane Choice leave in. If you’d like, come join us in the blow drying support thread!!

cmoniquew

I am in love. I’m late, I purchased this during the Black Friday sale and just now got around to using it. It was extremely easy to use.

The reason for my purchase was because of the claim it that it cut down on drying time. It takes my hair extremely long to dry. This took maybe an hour, I really didn’t keep track of the time.

Now my ends weren’t straight. Maybe with improved technique I could get them straight. Also, the first side started to moderately puff up while I was doing the other. However I got this to save on time and the stretching is just a bonus.

I tried all the heat settings and in the future I think I will use the no heat setting. I will likely use this for a Bantu knot out and I liked the feel of my hair best on the no heat setting. On all the settings my hair still feels soft and moisturized.

I am really happy with my revair.

faithVA

I am in love. I’m late, I purchased this during the Black Friday sale and just now got around to using it. It was extremely easy to use.

The reason for my purchase was because of the claim it that it cut down on drying time. It takes my hair extremely long to dry. This took maybe an hour, I really didn’t keep track of the time.

Now my ends weren’t straight. Maybe with improved technique I could get them straight. Also, the first side started to moderately puff up while I was doing the other. However I got this to save on time and the stretching is just a bonus.

I tried all the heat settings and in the future I think I will use the no heat setting. I will likely use this for a Bantu knot out and I liked the feel of my hair best on the no heat setting. On all the settings my hair still feels soft and moisturized.

I am really happy with my revair.
Please let us know how long it takes to dry your hair with the no heat setting. How long is your hair?

fuchsiastar

Alright, I'm sold on purchasing this and now the question is when...I love my current blow dryer but it gets hair everywhere and since I moved to a more dry location my moisture levels and shedding need some attention. I'm going to start with good ole Alter Ego Garlic Mask (unless ya'll have other recommendations for lazy people to stop shedding :lol: ) and then up the moisture levels. Maybe by then there will be a new model out that is a bit lighter or more quiet. *fingers crossed that I can wait that long*

icsonia22

UPDATE: I still love this blow dryer just as much as I did on day 1. I have used it about 6 or 7 times since the end of December and it always gives my hair a good stretch. There are no indications of heat damage whatsoever and my hair is still able to retain moisturize despite using the highest heat setting (something I've never been able to do with other blow dryers). The stretch that I get is similar to a light flat iron and the hose can get a little hot on my roots if I'm holding it vertically. As far as reversion is concerned, that's completely dependent on products and humidity levels. I can make my blow out last longer if I steer clear of glycerin but the revair itself won't prevent reversion. I get very few single strand knots (or any kind of knots) by keeping my hair stretched with this device. This is still hands down no doubt about it the best investment I made in 2018.

fluffyforever

I bought mine Black Friday and I finally used it on my whole head last week Sunday.

The process was simple since I detangled in shower and already had my hair separated into Bantu knots to blow dry. I had about 14 sections. I used tension 6 and I went back and forth on heat settings. My hair dried faster with heat on high but it didn't feel as soft as low or no heat. I used high most of the time because that thing is loud and it was almost 10pm and my neighbors will call the cops for any noise. After each section i slathered with shea butter whip and twisted. I tried the butter both before or after drying and there was no difference in feel.

1 week later, my hair still has a good stretch and is soft (although I did wear 4 braids mon-fri).

I'm using again today with different products.

Last edited:

Karmi

Another successful wash day with my revair. Last week I used the blow dryer to only dry and stretch my hair. This week I did the same but decided to flat iron since my hair is thick and still a little unmanageable with the blow dry stretch. What I like most about this tool is it gets your hair pretty straight allowing the use of less heat with other styling tools. I started my flat iron on 340 but then lowered the temperature to 300 because 340 was more heat than I needed to get my hair bone straighten. My goal is to keep my straight hair for at least 2 weeks and monitor for breakage.