New Product Alert - Hair Dryer

Discussion in 'Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion' started by LiLi, Sep 27, 2018.

1. nakialovesshoes

nakialovesshoes Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    It doesn't appear that the Hair Exchange really gets much activity anymore. If anyone is in the Atlanta area & interested in purchasing a RevAir, I'm getting rid of mine. It works fine but I bought the Dyson Airwrap & I prefer it & I can't afford to have 2 high end blow dryers for my one head. To the admins, my apologies if I've committed a LHCF offense with this post. Carry on...

imaginary and Missjaxon like this.
  2. MizzBFly

MizzBFly Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I did it again, same steps from last month. 2nd day after adding a bit more Oyin and Shea (solid) 6 Bantu/ 3 on each side. This process is way easier than twisting my hair... can I maintain w/o damage? :nervous2:I don’t have knots to deal with and the Shea prevents tangles. The take down always looks more “done” than the simple knots it takes to achieve...lol

Attached Files:

CurlyRy, yaya24, thickness and 16 others like this.
  3. Rozlewis

Rozlewis Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I have the REvAir and the Dyson AirWrap, but I must admit I have not used the AirWrap. What do you like about it?

4. nakialovesshoes

Blog Posts:
    What I like most is the fact that it isn't bulky. And once I spoke to a team member at RevAir & she told me to occasionally start cleaning my filter with soap & water. And to keep it performing optimally, I would do this every time I used it. So I would have to drag it out, set it up. Then break it down & clean the filter after. AND it takes up probably 4 or 5 times the space the AirWrap does.

I also like the fact that my hair is smoother after. On the highest setting, it doesn't get nearly as hot as my regular blowdryer. I would say the heat level is about the same as the highest setting of the RevAir but I don't know their exact temperature specs, so don't quote me on that.

Lol some thought I was crazy when I wanted the RevAir but now they own one. These same people are annoyed that I like the Dyson so much more because they know this means they'll probably end up purchasing it, too.

Before I used the AirWrap, my RevAir was my EVERYTHING. I was even trying to find a special suitcase it could fit in so I could travel with in. #dontjudgeme Then I saw a video about the AirWrap and the rest is history...

CurlyRy, Dayjoy, charmtreese and 7 others like this.
  5. bellatiamarie

bellatiamarie Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I bought the revair a few weeks ago. It’s still in the box because I just moved and haven’t had time to use it. I’m hoping this will help me get over this slump I’ve been in with my hair.

6. MizzBFly

MizzBFly Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Look Ma’am I don’t appreciate this very detailed persuasion :look: :giveup:

7. charmtreese

charmtreese Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Which attachment do you use the most with your Dyson? I also own a revair and I love it...but....I’m still interested in trying the dyson!

8. nakialovesshoes

Blog Posts:
    I use the smoothing brush.

9. GinnyP

GinnyP Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Are you still using your Leatherwood brush?
    I am thinking about getting it. My hair is severely matted.

10. civic4800

civic4800 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I still have the Leatherwood but never use it. I use that one from Target every week. I like that one over the Leatherwood because it's not as bulky but the Leatherwood will definitely get the job done.

GinnyP likes this.
  11. GinnyP

GinnyP Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Thanks!

12. Browndilocks

Browndilocks Browndisha Brownie Sundae

Blog Posts:
    Finally tried this dryer for the first time. I'm glad I got to try it but it's a pass for me. It too noisy and heavy and even though I can sit under a dryer in a roller set for more than an hour, I just don't have the patience for this.

13. felic1

felic1 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I bought a streamlined gold and hot model from Sally's last week. It worked out great. It has multiple temperature settings.

prettyinpurple likes this.
  14. faithVA

faithVA Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    I plan to start using my RevAir more during the cooler months. I think I need to keep my ends stretched more. I've tried other ways but I don't think they were successful. I'm not going to try to get my hair super straight so I think if per section, I do 2 minutes on 2 and 1 minute on 1 it should be stretched enough but still slightly damp. That should allow me to flat twist it up but stretch my hair out enough to reduce knots.

I probably will end up with 12 sections.

15. faithVA

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    I used it again. I did 11 sections which worked out well. I initially did 2 minutes on 2 and 1 minute on 1. I realized as it got hotter and my hair started to air dry I could do 2.5 minutes on 2.

I used the mane choice moisturizer when i was finished and twisted it up.

16. fluffyforever

fluffyforever Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I used it this morning for the second time ever. I dried my whole head in about 30 min. It could have been faster if I wasn't surfing youtube at the same time. I used 7 for tension and the heat on. My hair feels nice even though I only shampooed it this morning and didn't use conditioner afterwards. Its nice to know I can easily blow dry my hair before work in the winter if I decide to wash out an overnight DC.

Tonight I'm going to clarify properly, deep condition, and then take my time and use the Revair again before styling.

For my second time using it, I'm still happy with the purchase. Blow drying has never been so easy. I definitely need to use it more often though to get my money's worth.

yaya24, rileypak, LiLi and 3 others like this.
  17. LavenderMint

LavenderMint Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    At the bolded. If I could blow dry my hair with the ease & variety of options this thing has given me, I would never have switched. I remember I did a tension blow dry and it took so long that I never did it again. I try to use this twice a month and I wish it were standard in natural hair salons. I wouldn’t be afraid of getting my hair done again if they were.... and I don’t want to seem odd bringing it with me & asking them to use it.

rileypak, fluffyforever and LiLi like this.
  18. faithVA

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    I did the tension method once before as well. It took about the same amount of time but my hand was sooo tired from trying to hold my hair. The videos made it look so easy. :nono:

LavenderMint likes this.
  19. fluffyforever

Blog Posts:
    I did the tension method before but I think regular blow dryers just make my hair crispy. This is such an improvement.

I used it again yesterday before giving myself a light press so I can cut off as much hair as possible while still being able to make a bun. My hair came out soft. I need to find the perfect leave in to use with it though. The few I tested out just didn’t feel good so I stopped using them.

MizzBFly and LavenderMint like this.
  20. faithVA

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    Try diluting your leave in and spraying it on.

21. fluffyforever

Blog Posts:
    I went back and watched all of Reniece’s videos on using the dryer and I read in one of her comments that she starts with a tension of 5 then moves up to 6 or 7 progressively if needed. She stated that starting with 7 right away will most likely cause tangles. I have been starting with 7 so next time I will start lower and see if that prevents some of the tangling I experienced.

I’ll be trying this for sure next Thursday. Although I’ve also considered adding a leave in after the blow dry too.

yaya24 likes this.
  22. Melaninme

Melaninme Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I've been eyeing this for a few months now and I think I'm ready to make a purchase. Thanks everyone for sharing your experience with this tool!:rosebud:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  23. lilikoi

lilikoi Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:

Do it — you won’t regret it!

I got buyers remorse after getting mine ( felt guilty about spending so much on one hair tool). I even called and got a return authorization (customer service was so nice about it). Then I used it again and decided to keep it! I’m so happy I did (so is my hair.)

(edited to fix multiple autocorrect-induced typos)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  24. Melaninme

Melaninme Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I did it! I just purchased the complete bundle since it's on sale! Not sure if this price is better than what is offered by them during black friday sales, but I didn't want to wait until NOVEMBER to buy after reading all of the wonderful reviews!

Thank you @lilikoi! Just like you I was in my feelings and I kept asking myself, "Do I really need this at this COST?"

I'm excited to get it and can't wait to use it.

ETA:

Just received shipping notice with tracking information. It will be here on Thursday!:bouncy::clap:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020