New Product Alert - Hair Dryer

LiLi

I think I am going to get one. It’s expensive and bulky but it would probably be good when I want to dry my braids. I need to, first, make sure that there isn’t a chance that my hair would get caught.

Let me know what you think.

nyeredzi

Reniece is going to try this on my hair next time I go in. I'm super intrigued. But I rely on a comb attachment at home to help detangle. I can't manage to get all the shed hair out otherwise, so I suspect if I tried this at home, it would dry my hair and leave shed hair and stretched out knots in it. Then again, once my hair is stretched, it's easier to pull she hair out. We'll see.

But at $400 I won't be seeing for home use any time soon

Dee-Licious

Reniece is going to try this on my hair next time I go in. I'm super intrigued. But I rely on a comb attachment at home to help detangle. I can't manage to get all the shed hair out otherwise, so I suspect if I tried this at home, it would dry my hair and leave shed hair and stretched out knots in it. Then again, once my hair is stretched, it's easier to pull she hair out. We'll see.

I figured it out.

Last edited:

civic4800

So I'm taking it that this is Reneice approved?! Wow, she already has one? I wonder if other stylists will start to add it to their salons. Something tells me they're not trying to spend the money on it but time will tell.

secretdiamond

I just bought this. Coming in 2 days.

I also have the Dyson super dryer. It is definitely a step up, but I'm finding my ends get frizzy (not dry frizzy, but moist frizzy) the next day. I think it's because it is designed to leave more moisture in your hair, which I appreciate, but I'm finding to cut this out, I have to turn up the heat on the dyson dryer. My hair stays smoother longer, but I want to see if the revair causes the same thing to happen.
I don't regret buying the Dyson and would be too afraid to go back to my other conventional blow dryer dryer (I never had my ends frizz with that one).

charmtreese

I just bought this. Coming in 2 days.

I also have the Dyson super dryer. It is definitely a step up, but I'm finding my ends get frizzy (not dry frizzy, but moist frizzy) the next day. I think it's because it is designed to leave more moisture in your hair, which I appreciate, but I'm finding to cut this out, I have to turn up the heat on the dyson dryer. My hair stays smoother longer, but I want to see if the revair causes the same thing to happen.
I don't regret buying the Dyson and would be too afraid to go back to my other conventional blow dryer dryer (I never had my ends frizz with that one).

Please let us know how you like it!

secretdiamond

Okay, I rarely do reviews, but I have to for this one, for the sake of my fellow hair sisters and their hair.
I wanted to wait until I did a full wash and dry with this, and...

IT IS AMAZING!
I researched this along with the dyson and the marketing and hype (and well, it's dyson) swayed me to buy the dyson. I should have bought this first!!
My hair was drier faster and sleeker with MUCH LESS HEAT! I could not believe how I achieved pin straight hair (I'm relaxed) by just blow drying (or reverse drying or whatever). It looked like I had not only blow dried, but also flat ironed. That's how straight it got my hair. My hair was soft and ends did not revert, like they did with the Dyson. With the dyson, I had to crank the heat and use setting foam (Nairobi) and I began to resent that because I never had to do that before.
Also, I was able to dry much larger sections of hair than I ever had to with the tension method. I did bump my ends with a curling iron on the LOWEST heat setting and was able my curl each section for like literally 2 secs on low heat. I received so many compliments today on a look I could only previously achieve by going to the salon and her frying my hair off.
I'm pretty confident there was minimal heat damage!

*I think this is a Godsend for black women!

So those are the pros. Here are the cons:
- It is so bulky and heavy. Does not look like a device that we would be using in 2018. lol
- Make sure to detangle hair very well. I did, but also found my shed hairs would get caught in the ends, then when I went to comb, the ends would be slightly tangly. No biggie after I carefully combed them out. I also found more tangles where my hair was not as healthy. Also keeping relatively wet along the way (not too wet) helped.
- Can't travel with it! Hopefully the company profits enough money to invest in making this waaay more compact and travel-friendly!
- Price* Some say this is a con, but I don't see it as this. Given what I have seen with this dryer, it is more than worth it, as there is literally nothing else like it on the market in how it treats the hair and the way it does it (reverse drying).
- No diffuser. This is where the Dyson still shines. If I was natural, Dyson would still be worth it to me for the diffuser aspect. Because I'm not natural, my Dyson will now be used for drying my nails, I guess. :ohwell:

secretdiamond

Update:
I love this even more.
My ends have not reverted at all, even my nape that always tends to get frizzy after a few days.
I only tied my hair up one night with flexi rods. Other nights, I simply slept in a bonnet and one night, nothing at all (fell sleep early). My hair is still soft and bouncy--- not as sleek as the first day (when I curled it), but still very nice! Oh, and I even went to the gym today! Put my hair in a ponytail, went home and showered, then headed out for a meeting. After the meeting, I was running my fingers through my hair and realized my hair was still relatively soft, for what it has been through and being Day #4!

This never happened with the Dyson. This dryer has me ecstatic. Will update if this ever changes.

faithVA

My unit was delivered today.

I didn't prep my hair well but decided to try it anyway. I don't think I really have much to add to what others have said. I'm 4b, SL, low porosity, medium density natural.

It is definitely loud and the higher the tension setting the louder it is. I think if the hose was more flexible it would be a bit easier to use. I set my unit on the counter and that made it easier to work with.

I initially set it on low heat and setting of 4. That worked OK. I know my hair has a lot of shrinkage so I just bumped it up to 7 and put it on high heat. On that setting it takes between 45 seconds a 1 minute to dry a section. Smaller sections work better. However, I think I can get away with doing large sections to dry the hair and then break the section into smaller sections to dry the roots.

I like that when my hair came out of the dryer section it was not hot to the touch. That took a little getting used to because I wasn't exactly sure when it was dry. It's definitely not as drying as a regular dryer. And I had no broken hairs.

One of the biggest things is I had no hair on the floor when I finished. When I blow dry with my other dryer I definitely have to sweep after. It's not only broken hairs but just hair period because I think it dries out my hair so much.

This takes longer than blowdrying with a comb attachment. but for me it was probably faster than trying to do the tension method. I tried the tension method once and it took forever and my fingers started cramping holding my hair for that long. My hair really didn't dry well with that method. My hair dries quickly with a comb attachment but I lose so much hair and my hair is so dry afterwards.

It's too early to tell whether I will be able to use this weekly. Next time I will shampoo properly and deep condition for a longer period of time. I also need a good leave-in.

I used Redken cowash, Kerastase Nutritive MasqueIntense and the Mane Choice 3 in 1 Conditioner as a leave-in. I use the Mane Choice Heat Protectant which I probably didn't need.

The first pic just shows the amount of shrinkage I get and the hair after I used the unit for about 45 seconds. Note, that my blow outs never look great so this is my usual :lol:

20181105_231630.jpg

The second pic is my hair after I finished. It was combable and I was able to put it up for a flat twist out. This was nowhere near as dry as my usual blow outs but I got the same stretch.
20181105_231557.jpg

The last picture is what my hair usually looks like when I blow dry it. You can see how dry it is. This was 2017. I did a blow dry in August 2018 but it was so bad I didn't even take pictures of it.

20170422_122142.jpg

I imagine I will learn a lot more each time I use it and I'm sure the ladies on here will be sharing some tips.

Black Ambrosia

@faithVA Thanks for the review. You answered a question I was going to ask. I normally blow dry in a small bathroom so I can contain the hair and do an easy clean up but it sounds like there’s no hair flying around at all. I didn’t see any in the videos but it’s hard to believe. Does the blow dryer capture and hold any shed hair?

faithVA

@faithVA Thanks for the review. You answered a question I was going to ask. I normally blow dry in a small bathroom so I can contain the hair and do an easy clean up but it sounds like there’s no hair flying around at all. I didn’t see any in the videos but it’s hard to believe. Does the blow dryer capture and hold any shed hair?
Yes the unit has a fitter that catches the hair. I did check the filter when done and there was just a teeny teeny ball of hair.

I will take pictures of my floor before and after next time and what's in the unjt.

But there truly wasn't hair on the floor. Even when I combed the hair after there was no hair. My ends are usually crispy and crunchy and just drop to the floor.

And my hair wasn't really moisturized before I did it. I could tell when I rinsed out the dc my hair wasn't soft. That's big for me.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
@faithVA Thank you for the review. Your hair looks great! My hair typically feels pretty dry when I blow dry, which is why I don’t do it often. I’m contemplating getting this as Bday gift.

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
$100 off with the discount code MEDIAFF. I just contacted the company and they said the code was good through the end of this year but can't be stacked with any other codes.
I've been trying to use this code and for some reason it isn't working for me.

ETA: I contacted a sales rep and they said the code is no longer active. It was apparently a private code that leaked so they shut it down.

faithVA

@faithVA Thank you for the review. Your hair looks great! My hair typically feels pretty dry when I blow dry, which is why I don’t do it often. I’m contemplating getting this as Bday gift.
Thank you. I will review again after I shampoo and ec correctly. I think it could have turned out better if I used the right products and deep conditioned properly. But it's a good start.

Let's see how my hair does over time.