New Product Alert - Hair Dryer

LavenderMint

I ordered this after 5pm on Monday and it arrived yesterday afternoon.
As soon as I could, I washed my hair. On the low heat setting with tension at 5 or 6, my hair was done in about 45 minutes.
I was expecting it to be louder and heavier than it was but I had no problems using it at all.

nyeredzi

I just got mine. If you act like you're going to leave the site, they'll put up one of those annoying popups like "wait, don't leave, here's $30 off". So I paid $370. The next day it went on sale for 15% off, so that $340. I think it's still on sale for that price now, a Mother's Day special.

icsonia22

How you ladies like the hair dryer?

Still the best purchase of 2018. Shoot it may be the best purchase of the last 5 years. I would never blow dry my hair if it wasn't for the revair. Other dryers caused too much breakage and brillo pad hair. The revair gives an amazing stretch and keeps hair moisturized without the manipulation that causes breakage. Not to mention you don't have to worry about heat damage thanks to the low wattage. I have been using tension level 7 with high heat since December and I haven't had any issues with my hair not reverting or my curl pattern loosening.

nyeredzi

i wrote a mixed review of the dryer and gave it 3 stars, and somehow my review didn't make it to their website. never a good sign.

anyway, i'm deciding if i want to keep this dryer. i don't think the results are good. or at least, after 4 tries, i haven't been able to make them good. following the method of someone from the blow drying support thread, I first detangled more with the Felicia Underwood brush and then blow dried. Results were definitely better, but still not as nice as they would be with a blow dryer with comb or brush attachment. Blow drying was super fast this last time, because I didn't comb at all between blow drying sections, so I really liked the speed. But having to detangle thoroughly beforehand with the brush took a fair amount of time, so the *overall* time wasn't much shorter than a regular blow dryer. And I think the Revlon one step could have combined the detangling and blow drying in an overall shorter time. The Revair is definitely more gentle, but if I don't detangle, it will leave the hair really tangled, and it's the *detangling* that's hard on my hair. So whether I'm doing the detangling in advance with brush, or the detangling as the same time as blow drying with an attachment, either way, there's going to be some breakage.

i still might keep it, in case i want the option of detangling in advance and doing a super quick blow dry after. with revair, if i detangled the night before, the next day i can wash my hair and blow dry even before work because i can dry my whole head in 20 minutes. if the dryer was half the price, it would make the decision to keep a little easier.

PhonyBaloney500

i wrote a mixed review of the dryer and gave it 3 stars, and somehow my review didn't make it to their website. never a good sign.

anyway, i'm deciding if i want to keep this dryer. i don't think the results are good. or at least, after 4 tries, i haven't been able to make them good. following the method of someone from the blow drying support thread, I first detangled more with the Felicia Underwood brush and then blow dried. Results were definitely better, but still not as nice as they would be with a blow dryer with comb or brush attachment. Blow drying was super fast this last time, because I didn't comb at all between blow drying sections, so I really liked the speed. But having to detangle thoroughly beforehand with the brush took a fair amount of time, so the *overall* time wasn't much shorter than a regular blow dryer. And I think the Revlon one step could have combined the detangling and blow drying in an overall shorter time. The Revair is definitely more gentle, but if I don't detangle, it will leave the hair really tangled, and it's the *detangling* that's hard on my hair. So whether I'm doing the detangling in advance with brush, or the detangling as the same time as blow drying with an attachment, either way, there's going to be some breakage.

i still might keep it, in case i want the option of detangling in advance and doing a super quick blow dry after. with revair, if i detangled the night before, the next day i can wash my hair and blow dry even before work because i can dry my whole head in 20 minutes. if the dryer was half the price, it would make the decision to keep a little easier.
Did you mean a Felicia Leatherwood brush (I googled underwood and that came up instead):

https://www.brushwiththebest.com/shop/felicia-leatherwoods-detangler-brush-black-gr539

TLC1020

Wow.. Good feedback

Still the best purchase of 2018. Shoot it may be the best purchase of the last 5 years. I would never blow dry my hair if it wasn't for the revair. Other dryers caused too much breakage and brillo pad hair. The revair gives an amazing stretch and keeps hair moisturized without the manipulation that causes breakage. Not to mention you don't have to worry about heat damage thanks to the low wattage. I have been using tension level 7 with high heat since December and I haven't had any issues with my hair not reverting or my curl pattern loosening.

fuchsiastar

Update: I ordered this back in May after my previous hair dryer died on me. It sat in the box for about month (I visited a stylist and used the hotel hair dryers - gasp - in between time on wash days) but I finally put it together and used it tonight. It definitely took longer, and will take some getting used to....BUT my hair retained so much more hydration and feels less "crisp" after being dry. I'll flat iron in the morning and give it a few days to see how it holds up. I anticipate being able to get faster, because as I did more sections I was able to get more comfortable with using it. Thanks ladies for all of the recommendations and suggestions for this. If it can keep me from shedding as much and getting split ends, I'm in.

Beamodel

I purchased this dryer recently. While I think it’s a great investment, I only straighten my hair twice a year for trims only. So, with that being said, I’m going to send mines back.

It does a good job but I get the same results with my Revlon one step dryer and that only cost $40.

I will say that I have a very tiny amount of hair in the filter too which is a great thing but at $300, I don’t feel like I’ll get my money worth.

Not to mention this thing is bulky and loud. The hose is obnoxiously large and in the way too. A true vacuum cleaner hose.

Great idea, but it’s not for me.

faithVA

I've been using this to blow dry my hair before putting it in a protective style which is about once a month. This time I let my hair dry overnight and then I spritzed sections with water and dried each section on heat level 2.

It is true what others have said. It is bulky, loud and can take longer but it keeps my hai in better condition than any other dryer tool I have used. It's still a worthwhile purchase for me. If they ever make it smaller I will buy that version as a replacement.

MizzBFly

Since I don’t care about super straight hair and prefer lots of body this works so well!
I used this past Sunday with Oyin hair dew as my leave it. Three sections on each side and sectioned smaller when needed to dry. The amount inserted to dry is fundamental to the results.
I used the cool setting less than 2 min on each section, I used a timer and a blast of heat on setting 1 for 30 sec or less. My fair remained moisturized and smooth enough. After drying I put in Bantu knots.
My take down this morning was bouncy and still Bantu defined hair. I was running late and took a scrunchie just in case humidity made me a fool- but I wore it down. This afternoon I still had definition. I planned to do a twist out this week but Bantu knots are more easy. This style will be in rotation w/ mini twists until Dec ( first pic was in the morning
9E30E6F3-1850-4B7E-9B25-98C11865A621.jpeg6B38B5B2-A580-4998-A26B-677BAD9736D5.jpeg8CDEFB4B-5615-47EE-884F-00E348AD1AA4.jpeg9FD50F3F-C317-48C5-B91B-DCDA5333C33D.jpeg

LiLi

Since I don’t care about super straight hair and prefer lots of body this works so well!
I used this past Sunday with Oyin hair dew as my leave it. Three sections on each side and sectioned smaller when needed to dry. The amount inserted to dry is fundamental to the results.
I used the cool setting less than 2 min on each section, I used a timer and a blast of heat on setting 1 for 30 sec or less. My fair remained moisturized and smooth enough. After drying I put in Bantu knots.
My take down this morning was bouncy and still Bantu defined hair. I was running late and took a scrunchie just in case humidity made me a fool- but I wore it down. This afternoon I still had definition. I planned to do a twist out this week but Bantu knots are more easy. This style will be in rotation w/ mini twists until Dec ( first pic was in the morning
View attachment 451259View attachment 451261View attachment 451263View attachment 451265

Oh my goodness!!! Your hair is just beautiful!!! Where did you get those headbands?

MizzBFly

Oh my goodness!!! Your hair is just beautiful!!! Where did you get those headbands?
So late replying @LiLi but I just peeked back to this thread from the ET side -whew had me in knots, anyhoo- I believe Dollar Tee or 99cents only store it came in a two pack. I’ve had it for years but I’m always on the look out for durable, cute headbands.
So outside of of the places mentioned above, Walgreens & CVS always has a bin in the front with reduced prices on barrettes, clips, Goodie, headbands, scrunches, etc...
I have a 10yr old so I was the best mom when I let my daughter get all the accessories she liked and we digged through it all:lachen:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I purchased this dryer recently. While I think it’s a great investment, I only straighten my hair twice a year for trims only. So, with that being said, I’m going to send mines back.

It does a good job but I get the same results with my Revlon one step dryer and that only cost $40.

I will say that I have a very tiny amount of hair in the filter too which is a great thing but at $300, I don’t feel like I’ll get my money worth.

Not to mention this thing is bulky and loud. The hose is obnoxiously large and in the way too. A true vacuum cleaner hose.

Great idea, but it’s not for me.
Exactly why I sent mine back. I had a hard time holding the hose up plus my little one would start screaming even with the door closed. If they make it smaller, yes!! I'd get it