New Product Alert - Hair Dryer

nakialovesshoes

It doesn't appear that the Hair Exchange really gets much activity anymore. If anyone is in the Atlanta area & interested in purchasing a RevAir, I'm getting rid of mine. It works fine but I bought the Dyson Airwrap & I prefer it & I can't afford to have 2 high end blow dryers for my one head. To the admins, my apologies if I've committed a LHCF offense with this post. Carry on...

MizzBFly

I did it again, same steps from last month. 2nd day after adding a bit more Oyin and Shea (solid) 6 Bantu/ 3 on each side. This process is way easier than twisting my hair... can I maintain w/o damage? :nervous2:I don’t have knots to deal with and the Shea prevents tangles. The take down always looks more “done” than the simple knots it takes to achieve...lol

Attachments

• 605F0345-6EFC-483A-A384-83BE06B30E20.jpeg
    605F0345-6EFC-483A-A384-83BE06B30E20.jpeg
    27.7 KB · Views: 120

Rozlewis

It doesn't appear that the Hair Exchange really gets much activity anymore. If anyone is in the Atlanta area & interested in purchasing a RevAir, I'm getting rid of mine. It works fine but I bought the Dyson Airwrap & I prefer it & I can't afford to have 2 high end blow dryers for my one head. To the admins, my apologies if I've committed a LHCF offense with this post. Carry on...

I have the REvAir and the Dyson AirWrap, but I must admit I have not used the AirWrap. What do you like about it?

nakialovesshoes

I have the REvAir and the Dyson AirWrap, but I must admit I have not used the AirWrap. What do you like about it?

What I like most is the fact that it isn't bulky. And once I spoke to a team member at RevAir & she told me to occasionally start cleaning my filter with soap & water. And to keep it performing optimally, I would do this every time I used it. So I would have to drag it out, set it up. Then break it down & clean the filter after. AND it takes up probably 4 or 5 times the space the AirWrap does.

I also like the fact that my hair is smoother after. On the highest setting, it doesn't get nearly as hot as my regular blowdryer. I would say the heat level is about the same as the highest setting of the RevAir but I don't know their exact temperature specs, so don't quote me on that.

Lol some thought I was crazy when I wanted the RevAir but now they own one. These same people are annoyed that I like the Dyson so much more because they know this means they'll probably end up purchasing it, too.

Before I used the AirWrap, my RevAir was my EVERYTHING. I was even trying to find a special suitcase it could fit in so I could travel with in. #dontjudgeme Then I saw a video about the AirWrap and the rest is history...

MizzBFly

What I like most is the fact that it isn't bulky. And once I spoke to a team member at RevAir & she told me to occasionally start cleaning my filter with soap & water. And to keep it performing optimally, I would do this every time I used it. So I would have to drag it out, set it up. Then break it down & clean the filter after. AND it takes up probably 4 or 5 times the space the AirWrap does.

I also like the fact that my hair is smoother after. On the highest setting, it doesn't get nearly as hot as my regular blowdryer. I would say the heat level is about the same as the highest setting of the RevAir but I don't know their exact temperature specs, so don't quote me on that.

Lol some thought I was crazy when I wanted the RevAir but now they own one. These same people are annoyed that I like the Dyson so much more because they know this means they'll probably end up purchasing it, too.

Before I used the AirWrap, my RevAir was my EVERYTHING. I was even trying to find a special suitcase it could fit in so I could travel with in. #dontjudgeme Then I saw a video about the AirWrap and the rest is history...
Look Ma’am I don’t appreciate this very detailed persuasion :look: :giveup:

charmtreese

Which attachment do you use the most with your Dyson? I also own a revair and I love it...but....I’m still interested in trying the dyson!

civic4800

Are you still using your Leatherwood brush?
I am thinking about getting it. My hair is severely matted.
I still have the Leatherwood but never use it. I use that one from Target every week. I like that one over the Leatherwood because it's not as bulky but the Leatherwood will definitely get the job done.

faithVA

I plan to start using my RevAir more during the cooler months. I think I need to keep my ends stretched more. I've tried other ways but I don't think they were successful. I'm not going to try to get my hair super straight so I think if per section, I do 2 minutes on 2 and 1 minute on 1 it should be stretched enough but still slightly damp. That should allow me to flat twist it up but stretch my hair out enough to reduce knots.

I probably will end up with 12 sections.

faithVA

I used it again. I did 11 sections which worked out well. I initially did 2 minutes on 2 and 1 minute on 1. I realized as it got hotter and my hair started to air dry I could do 2.5 minutes on 2.

I used the mane choice moisturizer when i was finished and twisted it up.

fluffyforever

I used it this morning for the second time ever. I dried my whole head in about 30 min. It could have been faster if I wasn't surfing youtube at the same time. I used 7 for tension and the heat on. My hair feels nice even though I only shampooed it this morning and didn't use conditioner afterwards. Its nice to know I can easily blow dry my hair before work in the winter if I decide to wash out an overnight DC.

Tonight I'm going to clarify properly, deep condition, and then take my time and use the Revair again before styling.

For my second time using it, I'm still happy with the purchase. Blow drying has never been so easy. I definitely need to use it more often though to get my money's worth.

LavenderMint

For my second time using it, I'm still happy with the purchase. Blow drying has never been so easy. I definitely need to use it more often though to get my money's worth.
At the bolded. If I could blow dry my hair with the ease & variety of options this thing has given me, I would never have switched. I remember I did a tension blow dry and it took so long that I never did it again. I try to use this twice a month and I wish it were standard in natural hair salons. I wouldn’t be afraid of getting my hair done again if they were.... and I don’t want to seem odd bringing it with me & asking them to use it.

faithVA

At the bolded. If I could blow dry my hair with the ease & variety of options this thing has given me, I would never have switched. I remember I did a tension blow dry and it took so long that I never did it again. I try to use this twice a month and I wish it were standard in natural hair salons. I wouldn’t be afraid of getting my hair done again if they were.... and I don’t want to seem odd bringing it with me & asking them to use it.
I did the tension method once before as well. It took about the same amount of time but my hand was sooo tired from trying to hold my hair. The videos made it look so easy. :nono:

fluffyforever

I did the tension method before but I think regular blow dryers just make my hair crispy. This is such an improvement.

I used it again yesterday before giving myself a light press so I can cut off as much hair as possible while still being able to make a bun. My hair came out soft. I need to find the perfect leave in to use with it though. The few I tested out just didn’t feel good so I stopped using them.

faithVA

I did the tension method before but I think regular blow dryers just make my hair crispy. This is such an improvement.

I used it again yesterday before giving myself a light press so I can cut off as much hair as possible while still being able to make a bun. My hair came out soft. I need to find the perfect leave in to use with it though. The few I tested out just didn’t feel good so I stopped using them.
Try diluting your leave in and spraying it on.

fluffyforever

I went back and watched all of Reniece’s videos on using the dryer and I read in one of her comments that she starts with a tension of 5 then moves up to 6 or 7 progressively if needed. She stated that starting with 7 right away will most likely cause tangles. I have been starting with 7 so next time I will start lower and see if that prevents some of the tangling I experienced.

Try diluting your leave in and spraying it on.
I’ll be trying this for sure next Thursday. Although I’ve also considered adding a leave in after the blow dry too.

lilikoi

I've been eyeing this for a few months now and I think I'm ready to make a purchase. Thanks everyone for sharing your experience with this tool!:rosebud:

Do it — you won’t regret it!

I got buyers remorse after getting mine ( felt guilty about spending so much on one hair tool). I even called and got a return authorization (customer service was so nice about it). Then I used it again and decided to keep it! I’m so happy I did (so is my hair.)

(edited to fix multiple autocorrect-induced typos)

Last edited:

Melaninme

Do it — you won’t regret it!

I got buyers remorse after getting mine ( felt guilty about spending so much on one hair tool). I even called and got a return authorization (customer service was so nice about it). Then I used it again and decided to keep it! I’m so happy I did (so is my hair.)

(edited to fix multiple autocorrect-induced typos)

I did it! I just purchased the complete bundle since it's on sale! Not sure if this price is better than what is offered by them during black friday sales, but I didn't want to wait until NOVEMBER to buy after reading all of the wonderful reviews!

Thank you @lilikoi! Just like you I was in my feelings and I kept asking myself, "Do I really need this at this COST?"

I'm excited to get it and can't wait to use it.

ETA:

Just received shipping notice with tracking information. It will be here on Thursday!:bouncy::clap:

Last edited:

JudithO

Y'all... I was trying to tension blow my hair last night ... hair everywhere... arms hurting... Ended up braiding my hair tight to stretch it... Sleep uncomfortable.. taking it down and coming thru this morning took too long. .... I just opened up my computer and bought the RevAir out of frustration. Hope it makes my wash days easier.

LiLi

Y'all... I was trying to tension blow my hair last night ... hair everywhere... arms hurting... Ended up braiding my hair tight to stretch it... Sleep uncomfortable.. taking it down and coming thru this morning took too long. .... I just opened up my computer and bought the RevAir out of frustration. Hope it makes my wash days easier.

Trust me ... it will make drying your hair soooo much easier. I used to tension blow dry and it took me forever — over an hour easily — and it would be stuck together and dry feeling. With the RevAir, I can blow dry all of my hair in under 30 minutes and it comes out sooo soft.

The wand can be a little heavy but it takes a minute to blow dry a section. Also, a trick that I do is to hold it by the hose - right below the actual wand. It makes it feel lighter. I love my RevAir so much.

JudithO

Trust me ... it will make drying your hair soooo much easier. I used to tension blow dry and it took me forever — over an hour easily — and it would be stuck together and dry feeling. With the RevAir, I can blow dry all of my hair in under 30 minutes and it comes out sooo soft.

The wand can be a little heavy but it takes a minute to blow dry a section. Also, a trick that I do is to hold it by the hose - right below the actual wand. It makes it feel lighter. I love my RevAir so much.

What is your hair type please?

What seems to be the consensus with fine 4c hair? My hair is medium density.

What level and heat setting? Heat protectant or no? Leave in or no?

@nyeredzi I'm sad you didnt love it... I feel like my hair is similar to yours with less density.

LiLi

@nyeredzi I'm sad you didnt love it... I feel like my hair is similar to yours with less density.
My hair is 4a/b. Really either heat setting works fine for me. But I usually do it on low for a little and then switch to high. I have used it with and without heat protectant. It actually was a lot softer without heat protectant but I would not recommend skipping it. I don’t typically use leave-ins because they make my hair feel too heavy. However, for the section I braid in the back, after I dry it and before braiding it, I use a Camille Rose moisture leave-in. My hair reverts a little but I am just braiding that part back up so it doesn’t matter.

nyeredzi

I gave it another shot and ordered it again, after returning it :lol: It was cheaper the 2nd time around, at $300 the 2nd time. I had to think of its purpose differently, and also my regimen changed between the 1st time I had it and now, so that now there's a place for it. I can't think of it as a tool that will actually help me detangle which was my primary purpose for a blow dryer. And so it can't replace the blow dryers with an attachment. Rather, it's just a faster way to dry my hair and provide it stretch, with the hope that just the stretch itself lessens tangles and single strand knots. Now that I have a regimen where I don't thoroughly detangle every wash or even every other wash, but every 3-4, the Revair can be used in the off weeks for a stretch. It's certainly gentler than the ones with an attachment. Even so, I'm still not at the level of "love", and $300 is a lot for something you don't love. But I do have a use for it in my regimen, so I guess it's still a win.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I just used my Revair for the first time tonight.

Washed and deep conditioned. Sectioned my hair in 6. Dampened, added a small amount of oyin hair dew, sprayed with Aphoghee green tea and keratin then used Chi Silk Infusion prior to drying each section.

Started on a resistance of 5 on the whole section. High heat. Then, sectioned it further and dried again, high heat, resistance of 6.

Took 35 minutes and worked really well. I didn’t trim my ends because I didn’t flat iron. I just did 8 flat twist and left it alone.

Throw everything else in the trash, this dryer is lit.