New Product Alert - Hair Dryer

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I just used my Revair for the first time tonight.

Washed and deep conditioned. Sectioned my hair in 6. Dampened, added a small amount of oyin hair dew, sprayed with Aphoghee green tea and keratin then used Chi Silk Infusion prior to drying each section.

Started on a resistance of 5 on the whole section. High heat. Then, sectioned it further and dried again, high heat, resistance of 6.

Took 35 minutes and worked really well. I didn’t trim my ends because I didn’t flat iron. I just did 8 flat twist and left it alone.

Throw everything else in the trash, this dryer is lit.

It's a gamechanger.:)

JudithO

I gave it another shot and ordered it again, after returning it :lol: It was cheaper the 2nd time around, at $300 the 2nd time. I had to think of its purpose differently, and also my regimen changed between the 1st time I had it and now, so that now there's a place for it. I can't think of it as a tool that will actually help me detangle which was my primary purpose for a blow dryer. And so it can't replace the blow dryers with an attachment. Rather, it's just a faster way to dry my hair and provide it stretch, with the hope that just the stretch itself lessens tangles and single strand knots. Now that I have a regimen where I don't thoroughly detangle every wash or even every other wash, but every 3-4, the Revair can be used in the off weeks for a stretch. It's certainly gentler than the ones with an attachment. Even so, I'm still not at the level of "love", and $300 is a lot for something you don't love. But I do have a use for it in my regimen, so I guess it's still a win.

Please share this regimen of yours? I'm not about that deep detangling life every wash.

nyeredzi

Please share this regimen of yours? I'm not about that deep detangling life every wash.

Details may vary, but in general, it's a 3 week cycle, with a wash every week.

Week 1 is the full detangle. I can use a blow dryer with attachment, or not, but I have to get all the shed hair out this week in order to be able to wash the next 2 weeks without fully detangling. And blow drying with an attachment helps me do that more thoroughly and quickly, though it may be a stressor on the hair. Hair must also be kept in twists to minimize tangling.

Weeks 2 and 3 are like each other, I can wash and condition in twists. But after each wash I still undo each twist (I don't do small twists for this reason), apply a leave in and oil, and use the opportunity to pull out any shed hair that's willing to come out easily. Then retwist. I don't spend too much time with it on these weeks. I may wear a twist out in the last week. It's at one of these sessions that I could use the revair to dry a twist section before I retwist.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
When I took my twists down this morning, somebody's daddy was about to be taking me shopping. I dont see myself blowdrying for a while after this, but for full bodied styles on stretched hair, its worth it.

Also, my hair doesnt feel dry or brittle or hard like it sometimes can with regular blowers. My hair is soft and had shrunk back to APL, which is fine with me.

LiLi

I am thinking of using on my twists before detangling, i am hoping it stretches my hair and makes detangling a breeze, what do you guys think?
If you are using a regular blow dryer I think it would be fine using very, very light tension. But if you are using the RevAir, I would not recommend doing this on an older style because the shed hair will get too tangled in the twists and make it harder to take them down. I would suggest trying it on one twist to see how it works out for you.

Sheabutterboy

If you are using a regular blow dryer I think it would be fine using very, very light tension. But if you are using the RevAir, I would not recommend doing this on an older style because the shed hair will get too tangled in the twists and make it harder to take them down. I would suggest trying it on one twist to see how it works out for you.

Hahaha, I haven't bought it yet, that's the only reason why i want it, i wonder if i can rent it before committing to 400 dollars

Sheabutterboy

I use it for detangling but it while its in twists

Oh good to know, there's a place I can rent one for 30 pounds, what's your hair type? type 4? fine? high density? So to double-check you use on your twists, stretch then detangle? how often do you do this and how long does it take you compared to when you didn't do this before? How long have you been using this method? How long is your hair? Sorry just trying to get all the details :D:D:D

LiLi

Hahaha, I haven't bought it yet, that's the only reason why i want it, i wonder if i can rent it before committing to 400 dollars
They do partner with salons to allow customers to try it out. Maybe check your area to see if there are any. They also have a good return policy.

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
Clearly it's too late for me to register but what is the benefit for doing so? Anyone know?
I have one and have it registered. I bought mine close to when they first came out. A little over a year later I started having issues with the wand separating. I emailed them and they sent a replacement wand out free of charge even though I was past the warranty time.

Lylddlebit

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Reviar has a defect Ya'lll~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Some oil and natural extracts* combinations in some everyday leave-ins/heat protectants can literally cause the plastic in the revair to erode and damage the machine. Without making this post incredibly long to go over all of the details: I got mine replaced for a minor issue on my original one that didn't impede my revair from functioning based on the existence of this defect when the advisor picked up on a cue that caused her to examine the ingredients in my heat protectant spray: Aveda Brilliant Damage Control. So, if you bought your Revair directly from Reviar.com in 2018 or earlier and are having any issues with it report it in their chat, your issue may contain an identifier that makes you eligible for a replacement. Report it even if you are past your warranty period. I know many of our leave-ins contain oils and extracts(I am not sure which specific ones cause the issue but they specifically looked at the ingredients in mine and my purchase profile in their system from 2018 it qualified). I know Revair themselves sell products with oils and extracts in them to use before revving but the advice I got was that due to the length and thickness of my hair was when possible I should switch to revving clean hair rather than hair with a leave-ins that contains oils and extracts in it to prevent the product from being pulled through the machine to cause issue. I followed up with more questions about my shampoos and conditioners with oils and extracts and they said wash out products with oils and extracts are fine when rinsed out before revving. Not ideal but I will try it. I had no issues getting a replacement. They were transparent when I followed up several times with follow up questions. My deep conditioners are pretty good protectants and detanglers I will try to use leave-ins after revving but before flat ironing and see the results. Revair told me the pull through issue was not known back in 2018 for those of us who bought ours then but they warn against it now when speaking of leave-ins. I want to emphasize my machine was still fully functioning when I reported what I considered to be no more than nuance at the time, they proactively offered me a replacement to prevent further issue.

Last edited:

LiLi

Some oil and natural extracts* combinations in some everyday leave-ins/heat protectants can literally cause the plastic in the revair to erode and damage the machine. Without making this post incredibly long to go over all of the details: I got mine replaced for a minor issue on my original one that didn't impede my revair from functioning based on the existence of this defect when the advisor picked up on a cue that caused her to examine the ingredients in my heat protectant spray: Aveda Brilliant Damage Control. So, if you bought your Revair directly from Reviar.com in 2018 or earlier and are having any issues with it report it in their chat, your issue may contain an identifier that makes you eligible for a replacement. Report it even if you are past your warranty period. I know many of our leave-ins contain oils and extracts(I am not sure which specific ones cause the issue but they specifically looked at the ingredients in mine and my purchase profile in their system from 2018 it qualified). I know Revair themselves sell products with oils and extracts in them to use before revving but the advice I got was that due to the length and thickness of my hair was when possible I should switch to revving clean hair rather than hair with a leave-ins that contains oils and extracts in it to prevent the product from being pulled through the machine to cause issue. I followed up with more questions about my shampoos and conditioners with oils and extracts and they said wash out products with oils and extracts are fine when rinsed out before revving. Not ideal but I will try it. I had no issues getting a replacement. They were transparent when I followed up several times with follow up questions. My deep conditioners are pretty good protectants and detanglers I will try to use leave-ins after revving but before flat ironing and see the results. Revair told me the pull through issue was not known back in 2018 for those of us who bought ours then but they warn against it now when speaking of leave-ins. I want to emphasize my machine was still fully functioning when I reported what I considered to be no more than nuance at the time, they proactively offered me a replacement to prevent further issue.
Wow! I thought it was that I didn’t wash the oil all out of my hair which was causing this cakey looking stuff in the hose and wand. Do you have a picture of what yours looked like? I am wondering if what I have experienced is the same thing. It only seems to happen if I add oil to my conditioning process. So I was thinking it was my fault and was just going to buy and new hose and wand. Thank you so much for sharing this information!

Fine 4s

Some oil and natural extracts* combinations in some everyday leave-ins/heat protectants can literally cause the plastic in the revair to erode and damage the machine. Without making this post incredibly long to go over all of the details: I got mine replaced for a minor issue on my original one that didn't impede my revair from functioning based on the existence of this defect when the advisor picked up on a cue that caused her to examine the ingredients in my heat protectant spray: Aveda Brilliant Damage Control. So, if you bought your Revair directly from Reviar.com in 2018 or earlier and are having any issues with it report it in their chat, your issue may contain an identifier that makes you eligible for a replacement. Report it even if you are past your warranty period. I know many of our leave-ins contain oils and extracts(I am not sure which specific ones cause the issue but they specifically looked at the ingredients in mine and my purchase profile in their system from 2018 it qualified). I know Revair themselves sell products with oils and extracts in them to use before revving but the advice I got was that due to the length and thickness of my hair was when possible I should switch to revving clean hair rather than hair with a leave-ins that contains oils and extracts in it to prevent the product from being pulled through the machine to cause issue. I followed up with more questions about my shampoos and conditioners with oils and extracts and they said wash products with oils and extracts are fine when rinsed out before revving. Not ideal but I will try it. I had no issues getting a replacement. They were transparent when I followed up several times with follow up questions. My deep conditioners are pretty good protectants and detanglers I will try to use leave-ins after revving but before flat ironing and see the results. Revair told me the pull through issue was not known back in 2018 for those of us who bought ours then but they warn against it now when speaking of leave-ins. I want to emphasize my machine was still fully functioning when I reported what I considered to be no more than nuance at the time, they proactively offered me a replacement to prevent further issue.

My ReVair base stopped working and the reset button was the culprit (or ACI cord?) because it wasn't making that "clicking" sound when hitting the yellow and/or red buttons. I bought the machine in 2019 and didn't use it until the end of the year so used less than 10 times. I was out of the warranty period but still called them because come on, 10 times only?! I reported the issue and they send me a new base. They provided really good customer service thank goodness. This machine is too expensive to just buy a new one so easily. For the price I'd want it to last at least 8 years at least!

Last edited:

Fine 4s

I have one and have it registered. I bought mine close to when they first came out. A little over a year later I started having issues with the wand separating. I emailed them and they sent a replacement wand out free of charge even though I was past the warranty time.
@Colocha I'm just reading your post about the wand....Would it be possible to post a picture? I thought I dropped my wand and cracked it but I wonder if it was occurring way before that? Thanks for bringing this up.

Lylddlebit

Wow! I thought it was that I didn’t wash the oil all out of my hair which was causing this cakey looking stuff in the hose and wand. Do you have a picture of what yours looked like? I am wondering if what I have experienced is the same thing. It only seems to happen if I add oil to my conditioning process. So I was thinking it was my fault and was just going to buy and new hose and wand. Thank you so much for sharing this information!

It actually still looked new. I wiped it after each session. However the top of the wand where the turquoise and black pieces snap together got loose, as if a screw inside or glue holding it together came undone. I didn't notice it at first but I could feel it with the tension motions you use when you rev. That said, I couldn't actually pull it apart it was just loose. I was just going to keep using it and buy a back up wand. I just questioned it in the chat to see if there was anything I could do to prevent that happening again, but when I described the problem they told me about the defect and replaced the wand for free. However it was bothering me that a hair product could damage a hair tool so a few days later I asked about the potential of other products causing issues and they confirmed it was only a leave-in issue only. Then I asked if it was possible that the leave in could cause impact on the base and I just don't see signs of damage yet and they offered to replace the base too.

Attachments

• Rev.JPG
    Rev.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Rev1.JPG
    Rev1.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
@Colocha I'm just reading your post about the wand....Would it be possible to post a picture? I thought I dropped my wand and cracked it but I wonder if it was occurring way before that? Thanks for bringing this up.
I'm having some issues attaching the pic unfortunately. Any ideas?
It looked just like Lylddlebit's wand though, just a bit worse.

LiLi

It actually still looked new. I wiped it after each session. However the top of the wand where the turquoise and black pieces snap together got loose, as if a screw inside or glue holding it together came undone. I didn't notice it at first but I could feel it with the tension motions you use when you rev. That said, I couldn't actually pull it apart it was just loose. I was just going to keep using it and buy a back up wand. I just questioned it in the chat to see if there was anything I could do to prevent that happening again, but when I described the problem they told me about the defect and replaced the wand for free. However it was bothering me that a hair product could damage a hair tool so a few days later I asked about the potential of other products causing issues and they confirmed it was only a leave-in issue only. Then I asked if it was possible that the leave in could cause impact on the base and I just don't see signs of damage yet and they offered to replace the base too.
Ok this isn’t the problem I am having. I did contact them and they felt it was because of the products I was using. They said nothing with oils at all which sucks but I don’t want anything to happen to my RevAir so I will do whatever they tell me. At one point, I was using it without putting any heat protectant on and my hair was fine. Recently, I started using heat protectant again because it’s the “right” thing to do. I have way too many heat protectants and don’t want them to go to waste! Sigh.

They also said not to saturate the hair with leave-ins. They are being kind enough to send me a new hose and wand as a one-time courtesy. That is some good customer service right there!! I am probably going to buy a back-up RevAir once they have another good sale.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
@Saludable84 When you say level 5 or 6, I thought THAT was the heat setting and the resistance is on the nozzle 1 bar or 2.
Did I have it all wrong this whole time? lol
Omg I had to go back and look. So level 5 and 6 is resistance and on the nozzle I and II are the heat settings. Starting off lower definitely prevents frizz.

MizzBFly

@Lylddlebit so glad you’re getting the defective parts replaced and thanks so much for sharing. I on the other hand don’t use heat protectant since I primarily dry on cool and do a blast of heat once dry. (May not be the best practice for most) In addition, I use a leave-in and WILL NOT stop..lol:lachen:
Being high-porosity, my hair constantly dries out even after my DC. I only use a dime size of
leave-in and add my oil before I put it in a Bantu knot. I’ll heart my Revair until it sputters it’s final suction to straighten my section :cool2: